Awoo.

DAY 26 - Fan Art Challenge 4: 'Party' [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

It's the last Sunday of the month, which means it's time for the final Fan Art Challenge!

Fan Art Blue.png Fan Art Bronze.png Fan Art Silver.png Fan Art Gold.png

As this is the last of these activities, you can earn up to four badges depending on how many weeks you participate. If you participate one week, you get a Blue badge, then a Bronze for two weeks, Silver for three and a GOLD badge for taking part in all four weeks.

Fan Art Challenge

Theme: 'Party'

It's Sonic's birthday weekend, so we wanted this final theme to be something that could celebrate that. Of course, 'party' could mean a number of other things too, and the interpretation and execution of your art is entirely up to you.

We'll give you until mid-July to share your creations with us!

• Thumbs Up 2

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Indigo Rush was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

"It's your party too, Eggface!"

AddText_06-26-03_38_33.thumb.jpg.58ad283e2ca9f95369fa001f6d2f035a.jpg

"I suppose. Happy Birthday, Sonic. Now go away."

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 2

Dreadknux

Ryannumber1gamer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

942133713_MotobugBirthday.thumb.png.b55888ddbdc5251c34fc189efbe99c22.png

Not only is it the birthday of a certain doctor and a certain hedgehog, but it's the birthdays for all of the Badniks that the mad scientist creates! This time around, it's Motobug's birthday party, and all of the badniks have gathered to set up and organise a surprise party for the next day. However, when they attempted to get Eggman's help, the doctor scoffed it off, laughing at the idea of robots having birthdays.

However, in the dead of night, a certain person sneaked out to the badnik's party, and left a small gift for his loyal badnik minion...

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Way Past Cool 1

Dreadknux

WanderingBleats was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

partysmall.thumb.jpg.5dc9161cbcc3eabb66ba78137becab33.jpg

Happy 31st anniversary from the No Way Gang!

• Thumbs Up 5

Dreadknux

castell-neath was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

I quickly sketched this out. I know the proportions are slightly out, but i think heven he would turn up for a party once in a while!! 

Screenshot_20220626-213914_Gallery.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Dreadknux

Nix was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

I woke up today with the image of Sonic wearing party hats like this seared into my brain and now you have to live with the consequences.

Illustration7.thumb.jpg.79455fa90577332a4c1c31ac8ac0f253.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Dreadknux

Dr. Mechano was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

unknown.png

oops i ran out of time

So I'll give you Eggman partying down by himself. Here's to 31 more years, Doc!

• Promotion 2

• 2 weeks later...
Dreadknux

JezMM was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

Despite spending the extra 10 day extension thinking about it, I didn't have a silly comic idea for this one, so I followed my heart and, as is often the case, my heart wanted to draw cute Amy.  (I also was not absolutely swamped with work and my own projects this week so I could put some effort in lol).

953508583_PartyDonePNG.thumb.png.f92dc6a67f5794221f9920ddd910fc37.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Dreadknux

Iko was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

Late to the "Party" uh? It's not finished yet, I'll just post it now in case the folder closes before I finish it. It's complete enough anyway, it's missing only a few details.

EDIT: Final version!

Party!.png.b2fc37b18dea3ad15ed86ad997340204.png

Dreadknux

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Fan Art Hero Gold - Participated in all Fan Art Challenge activities' and 20 points.

This is "Beach Party"

52207540506_cb0dd7df95_o.jpg

Using several references, including Sonic's Fin Card from Sonic Adventure, an IDW cover where Tails is on a boogie board, and pictures of characters in alternate summer costumes, I made this piece.

I was having artist block trying to come up with a concept for this one and I'm glad everything came together.

Note to self: Need to practice drawing Tails & Amy more.

• Thumbs Up 1