Awoo.

DAY 27 - Music Track of the Week 4: 'Remixes' [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Iko was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Music Hero Gold - Participated in all Music Track of the Week activities' and 20 points.

I'm used to have favorites in every context, though when it comes to music, in general, it becomes hard to choice, because there are so many different genres and a song can be enjoyed differently depending on several different factors, such as the mood.

I said this because I'm not really sure that these are my favorite remixes, though they are some cool ones for sure.

The first one is Ice Mountain from Sonic Advance. I didn't select it for the Sonic Music Spectacular because I forgot about this song, so I went for that techno Egg Utopia remix instead which is also very cool (or the Tiny Chao Garden music as the Wild Card).

Many songs from the Advance games are awesome and would sound so much better with high quality instruments, those games really need to be revisited.

Years ago I also used to listed to an Hydrocity remix, I was convinced it was by Tee Lopes before he worked for Sonic officially, but I can't find it anymore on his channel (there's an Hydrocity act 2 but it's not the same song).

Since I can't find it, I decided to post this that is similar enough, maybe a little bit more rock but still.

EDIT: By listening to the remixes in the previous page, I found out that Cuz posted exactly the remix I was looking for, Walk on Water, and I was wrong, it wasn't by Tee Lopes.

Little off-topic, I've been a bit inactive and skipped a couple of days: I think I'll be a little late but will definitely post in the missing day events before the threads will close, or at least I will try. I have been stuck with the artwork "Party" and didn't make any progress so far, so I expect that if I will finish it, it will be near to the deadline. I'll try my best though.

Dreadknux

Sean was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Music Hero Gold - Participated in all Music Track of the Week activities' and 20 points.

Sonic the Hedgehog-Remix is my favorite Sonic remix album and one of my overall favorite Sonic albums. I actually listened to most of this without having heard much of CD's Japanese soundtrack, and Miracle Blue, a remix of Quartz Quadrant GF, was one of those I wasn't familiar with the original until later. I was really surprised when I heard it show up in QQ when first playing CD with the JPN soundtrack, and it's gone on to become one of my favorite Sonic level themes of all time. I still go back to -Remix from time to time and Miracle Blue is a standout track in an album full of some amazing hits.

Also I love Takenobu Mitsuyoshi's take on Cosmic Eternity, even if I'll never be able to understand the lyrics on my own:

Dreadknux

Strickerx5 was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Music Hero Silver - Participated in three Music Track of the Week activities' and 15 points.

My favorite semi-official remix would have to be this:

This is, simply put, my favorite rendition of this song and it's not really even close. It's honestly one of my favorite vocals from the series period.

A strong runner up for me are the Cool Edge remixes from TSR though. Hearing anything from Unleashed again is always a treat but Hyper Potions and Jun outdid themselves with those.

Though, as for fan remixes... this:

This right here... I listen to this at least once a week. It slaps so fucking hard I still have a mark from when I first heard it almost 5 years ago lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

John43 was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Music Hero Blue - Participated in one Music Track of the Week activity' and 5 points.

Man, this is a thread I could write and write and write about for hours on end. I listen to and scour YouTube obsessively for remixes to inspire my creative works. Of all the fan remixers out there the most fascinating to me is Savaged Regime. I consider them a master of Mega Drive/Genesis soundfont and a bit of a genius. I have been listening to this track A LOT over the last year and I still don't get tired of it.

Their remix of Sky High Zone starts with the bassline from the US version of Sonic CD's Tidal Tempest, which in my mind represents the rain of the night version, along with other instruments to sell the night time vibe of Act 2. I didn't study music theory or anything, but I hear the twinkling instruments they added and I think of stars. I close my eyes and I'm there and it's genuinely relaxing for me. It inspired a level that was a lot of fun to work on. I hope this isn't viewed as too promotiony, as I want to share!

https://www.deviantart.com/justjohn43/art/Sky-High-Zone-Act-1-Another-Sonic-2-Remake-895873309

Extra happy about this track too, as Savaged Regime recently responded to my request to use it in AS2R "officially", really was over the moon that day.

If I could mention another unique remixer who I believe deserves way more views - 
OSC: This guy's 80's chill inspired music is on another level. He released an album called OSC: Zoned which I believe all should check out. Nearly every remix is this amazing version full of energy and love for the hedgehog. Had the joy of communicating with him, a very kind, professional and busy musician! 

Only 2500 views? Half will be mine I guarantee it

I'll also leave a playlist of sonic remixes that I listen to while developing AS2R, may you find a new favourite musician in there

Dreadknux

Mr. Ion was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Music Hero Silver - Participated in three Music Track of the Week activities' and 15 points.

Jahn Davis's rendition of Chrome Gadget was great and basically got me through COVID year at school.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dreadknux

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Music Hero Gold - Participated in all Music Track of the Week activities' and 20 points.

I have a few

First is a Windmill Isle Day Remix by DPZ

Next is a Hydrocity Zone Act 2 Remix by YamaYama

Finally is a Sunset Hill Zone Remix by MasterJace

Dreadknux

Sternosaur was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Music Hero Blue - Participated in one Music Track of the Week activity' and 5 points.

One of my favorite Sonic Remixes is definitely by Tee Lopes, he did this amazing cover of the Data Select Screen from Sonic 3.  The music tracks from Sonic 3 just don't get enough love in the form of covers, but Tee Lopes absolutely kills it!

Dreadknux

Teoskaven was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Music Hero Gold - Participated in all Music Track of the Week activities' and 20 points.

When it comes to remixes, i just can't go wrong with Silvagunner, but the question is what to pick from there because there's a lot. I could have gone with Windy Hill Zone Act 1, but it does include a few outdated jokes in it so at the cost of being a cop-out, I'd suggest the whole library. The King for Another Day tournament includes also great remixes themed around Robitnik, I've suggested a few of them over the years for the musical events here. I'll just post an example, why not.