Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers - Cyberspace Trailer

Wraith

5 hours ago, frugaljoker8 said:

"all reused levels themes" my ass, get fucked zippo.  Besides that the city level looks really nice and the level design seems to be okay-ish, from the few seconds of green hill we saw the level design doesn't look too great, still great to know we'll have new levels in the game though!!!

The most likely outcome is that there will be 7 different level themes, one for each chaos emerald.

We know that there is Green Hill and the highway stage, those are 2 (one of the leaks mentioned a stage which looked like Speed Highway at dawn, so it was expected)

We know that

Spoiler

there is Sky Sanctuary, and some leaks also mentioned a stage which is very similar to Chemical Plant

That would be 4 out of 7 stages, even if the last 3 ones are actually original, there's still a majority of reused themes compared to original ones, too much for me for not being disappointed about it, especially given that the level design still seems to be super linear, automated and generic.

Also, while the highway level does not seem to reuse many assets (if any), it still looks very similar to Speed Highway (it reuses some tropes too, such as the gates overloaded with street signs, and the "normal" cars driving on the street), so is it really fair to say that it's not a reused theme? By this standard, sand hill from Forces is not a reused theme too (not to mention all the Sonic 4 zones, people had problems with them being rehashed even though none of them reuse the exact graphics of the original games).

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Tomoya Ohtani had this to say about the new Rock music that we heard during the trailer.

Ooh, great to hear! Wonder if it'll be Sonic's new leitmotif? That'd be nice...

Anyway, back to topic! LOVED the city stage, which seems to be a mix of Speed Highway, Skyscraper Scamper and an M.C. Escher painting on drugs. (Would be nice to have an ACTUAL background instead of the endless Pixel Sky™, but eh.) GHZ is... GHZ, lol, but at least it looks a bit different this time. And, finally, I wish SAGE looked... er... older. Matter of personal preference I know, but she seems like an edgy Genshin OC they just shoved in there for Japanese gamers.

Spoiler

Also: How much ya wanna bet she's just Infinite exploiting Sonic's good heart to retake the planet, lol?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KingMario05 said:

Hide contents

Also: How much ya wanna bet she's just Infinite exploiting Sonic's good heart to retake the planet, lol?

Spoiler

I feel like your half joking, but Slim to zero. The press release already tells us that SAGE is trying to drive Sonic away rather than manipulate him for help.

Honestly, considering Sonic's history with flipping villains to friends, if Infinite really wanted Sonic's help he might have more luck appearing as himself and promising to turn over a new leaf.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Hide contents

I feel like your half joking, but Slim to zero. The press release already tells us that SAGE is trying to drive Sonic away rather than manipulate him for help.

Honestly, considering Sonic's history with flipping villains to friends, if Infinite really wanted Sonic's help he might have more luck appearing as himself and promising to turn over a new leaf.

Oh. Never mind.