Awoo.

Pac-Man World Re-PAC (Switch, Xbox, PS5, PS4, Steam) || Just Rev-Roll with the Flow

DaBigJ

Surprised nobody made this topic yet

PAC-MAN arrives home on his birthday to find the Ghosts have kidnapped PAC-MAN’s family & friends and ruined his party! Off to the rescue, PAC-MAN sets out to Ghost Island!

With improved UI, fine-tuned mechanics and updated visuals, PAC-MAN WORLD Re-PAC is a modernized classic!

Dodge Ghosts, solve environmental puzzles, rescue the PAC-FAM, and more in this platforming adventure!

Butt-bounce, rev-roll, PAC-DOT attack, and hover-jump to the final face-off against TOC-MAN!

Play the main adventure in QUEST MODE, a collection of 3D mazes in MAZE MODE, and the original PAC-MAN in CLASSIC MODE!

Besides Ms. Pac-Man being fucking dead™ i'm very pleased to see this be a reality. Pac-Man World is such a classic, and to see it be remade for a new generation is a real treat.

Pac-Man World Re-PAC launches August 26th of this year, just under two months until the Pac is Back...again.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

I grew up on World 2, so I never got to try 1. But I always enjoyed the bits I saw of it, so I'm excited to buy this! But the second World 2 is announced, I'll really go nuts! 

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm so, so, so happy! The original Pac-Man World doesn't hold up nearly as well as World 2 does so I'm really excited to see how it updates the game to modern standards. To finally have another Pac-Man platformer - heck just finally getting another Pac-Man game with an actual story again is enough to make me scream! It's been almost 17 years since the last one if you don't count the mobile or Ghostly Adventures games.

I'm surprised the music seems to be intact since most of the soundtrack remixed the Ms. Pac-Man theme. So I guess they they can use the music from Ms. Pac-Man but not the actual character herself?

• Thumbs Up 2

I remember this game being really hard at some points, especially the bosses. It was a fun game overall, even though I couldn't beat it lol. Hopefully they've made changes to make those fights easier.

• Thumbs Up 1

That pre-order bonus at the end reminded me that I own a Pac-man S.H.Figuarts....

Otherwise, it looks interesting. I remember having a fleeting interest in this game, but platformers beyond Sonic didn't interest me much on the X360. Might check it out!

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit, this was an unexpected yet pleasant announcement! I've only played Pac-Man World 2 and 3, but I have watched gameplay videos of the first one and thought it looked fun to play.

I'm still salty over the legal BS surrounding Ms. Pac-Man because not only is she being phased out and replaced by this new "Pac-Mom" character in re-releases/ports of previous Pac-Man games, but we will also never see a re-release or remake of her own 3D game, Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness. I really hope there's still a chance for the legal issues to be resolved. I used to think that Bandai Namco just didn't want to continue the World games especially since World 2 sold poorly in Japan and World 3 was never even released there (it's not as good as the first two anyway), but now I think that the whole Ms. Pac-Man dilemma was one of the main factors behind the decision to reboot the Pac-Man franchise in the early 2010s.

Now with all of that being said, I'm definitely looking forward to this game, and hope it does well enough to warrant a Pac-Man World 2 remake (or even a brand new and original 3D Pac-Man game)!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm disappointed that the intro cutscene where everyone gets kidnapped isn't a recreation of the original FMV even though it's the same general idea. I always found it really charming.

Also Toc-Man's new design needs the nose and mismatched eyes to make him more of an uncanny not-Pac-Man.

Other than those nitpicks it looks good! Pretty cool to see in the first place even, lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's kind of wild how for the last weeks we've gone from the anniversary collection, remembering the awful TV show, and now we have a full remake of the first game, shit's crazy.

Anyways, this looks very promising so far!. the only Pac-Man World game I've ever played was the third one (never managed to finish it tho), but I'm unsure yet if to buy it, maybe at a later date.

Yeah, I will say the new Toc-Man is a little too clean looking. The original was supposed to look messed up and cheap. 

On the other hand, I love that he's apparently more prevalent in the story as an antagonistic factor. Which should help bring together a lot of the... randomness of the first world game. It's still not clear to me where the cohesion was between all the levels and their respective bosses to the actual plot. 

And hey, if this is successful, hopefully more lessons can come in to fix World 2's issues, like how getting 100% completion was more than a little... FUCKING RIDICULOUS! 

12 hours ago, Stephen Rodriguez said:

Holy shit, this was an unexpected yet pleasant announcement! I've only played Pac-Man World 2 and 3, but I have watched gameplay videos of the first one and thought it looked fun to play.

I'm still salty over the legal BS surrounding Ms. Pac-Man because not only is she being phased out and replaced by this new "Pac-Mom" character in re-releases/ports of previous Pac-Man games, but we will also never see a re-release or remake of her own 3D game, Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness. I really hope there's still a chance for the legal issues to be resolved. I used to think that Bandai Namco just didn't want to continue the World games especially since World 2 sold poorly in Japan and World 3 was never even released there (it's not as good as the first two anyway), but now I think that the whole Ms. Pac-Man dilemma was one of the main factors behind the decision to reboot the Pac-Man franchise in the early 2010s.

Now with all of that being said, I'm definitely looking forward to this game, and hope it does well enough to warrant a Pac-Man World 2 remake (or even a brand new and original 3D Pac-Man game)!

It's funny, I used to think Pac-Mom was a replacement for Ms. Pac-man in the literal sense, but now I think she's actually supposed to be Pac-man's mother which also means Jr. has been changed into Pac-man's brother. Hence why he's called Pac-Kid. 

Some new information go revealed today 

These all sound like pretty good and useful changes, especially the polish factor. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Lol they really showed off literally every boss including the last one  in the preview at anime-con. I get its an older game, but several people have never played it before or made it that far.

I suppose it's their own fault.

They had no choice but to show off the differences.

Sheesh. They did? That seems like a killjoy considering most people probably never made it past Anubis Rex. 

5 hours ago, StaticMania said:

I suppose it's their own fault.

They had no choice but to show off the differences.

Pretty sure there was plenty of other stuff they could've showed to emphasize the differences.

A little sad that they've spoiled.. basically everything boss-wise lol. But also, oh well. The point of the game is that it's fun to play and even potentially replay over and over, as an arcadey platformer should. And man, all of the changes made so far sound like the kind of QoL improvements fans of other franchises would dream of for their remaster/remakes. 

PMW is a fun game, don't get me wrong, but it definitely shows it's age. It's got a lot of problems with depth perception, pits, camera and whatnot that you expect from an early 3D platformer. Plus those bs boss fights.. and a minor complaint at best, but I always thought the game missed a little bit of something to make it more "Pac-Man"y.. with the improvements to bosses, level design, controls, and even the "Mega Pac" addition, it's just ticking all the right boxes.

This remake is doing a great job of bringing it up to standard, and I can already see how these additions could play well into a PMW2 remake. It's looking great!

I'm super stoked to try it out. God, I've waited for this for so long. lol I love you Pac-Man.

• Thumbs Up 4

Even just having Toc-Man more involved in the plot is a big improvement over the original and really endears you to the guy. 

Spoiler

I wonder if the ghost inside is going to still be Orson or just a random ghost. 

I do think though, Chrome-Keeper is a bit of a downgrade. He's less cartoony than the original and stands less as a Pac-many robot. 

Can't believe I missed the announcement of one of my most wanted remakes. Holy cow, a few months ago when Namco announced another classic Pac-man collection (Museum +), I began to wonder how long it'll take untill they remaster/remake the World games, especially after seeing that little 3D arcade area they included in said collection. That was such a tease. And here we are.

Oh man, this gaaaaaaaame!!! Along with the original Crash and Spyro trilogies, Pac-man World was my childhood. It took me years to complete this game, it was hard as shit. Hell, it took me months just to beat the space world boss. When that wall exploded revealing 3 brand new worlds, I was over the moon. Such a cool gaming moment from my childhood. I knew there was something behind that wall! Anyways, I loved this game, loved the visuals, the music (give us some good remixes please), the contro....eh, maybe not so much the controls. Glad to hear they're a little more polished in this remake at least. And it's coming out so soon!

Funnily enough, I've never played World 2, which I heard it's even better than 1. I did played World 3 for about 30 minutes beforing returning it to the store because I didn't liked it lol Althought I heard World 3 is the weakest, I still hope all of them get remade eventually.

Looooking super forward, dare I say, day one?

On 7/6/2022 at 11:41 AM, Jango said:

Funnily enough, I've never played World 2, which I heard it's even better than 1.

World 2 is a lot more "standard" compared to World 1. It's a pretty fun game, but I wouldn't say it's better than World 1. Both are different takes of 3D platforming, with World 1 kinda being more on the Crash-esq end while World 2 being more like Kao or Mario. I recommend it!

• Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

World 2 is a lot more "standard" compared to World 1. It's a pretty fun game, but I wouldn't say it's better than World 1. Both are different takes of 3D platforming, with World 1 kinda being more on the Crash-esq end while World 2 being more like Kao or Mario. I recommend it!

And then there's Pac World 3 which is more like Rayman.

24 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

How could you do my boy Rayman dirty like that

• Chuckle 1

On 7/11/2022 at 12:20 PM, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

How could you do my boy Rayman dirty like that

I mean, I don't hate Pac-Man World 3, so it wasn't a comparison suggesting either was bad, lol.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:55 AM, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I'd say Pac-Man World 3 sort of reminds me more of Ratchet & Clank than anything else. Probably because it features a bunch of alien looking characters that don't even mesh well with Pac-Man and the Ghosts' designs.

Construction_Worker_PMW3.png

Spectralfiend.png

Ancient_Hero_PMW3.png

Erwin.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...