Awoo.

DAY 29 - Question of the Week 4: 'Fondest Memories' [30DOS22]

Dreadknux

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Sternosaur was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Blue - Participated in one Question of the Week activity' and 5 points.

This one is easy, I have a twin brother and we grew up playing video games together on the Sega Genesis all the time, with Sonic 2 being our go to.  We'd take turns being Sonic and Tails and would try to see how far we could make it.  Our parents fought and yelled a lot leading up to our parents divorce, but anytime it got too loud, Sonic 2 was always there to give us an escape.  

Dreadknux

Sean was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Gold - Participated in all Question of the Week activities' and 20 points.

My best memories are really just all the friends I made in the Sonic fandom, here and elsewhere, throughout my life. Some friendships have come and gone, but there are others I would definitely consider to be lifelong friends outright. It's hard to beat something as profoundly meaningful and life-impacting as the bonds I otherwise wouldn't be having now.

Dreadknux

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge '[30 Days of Sonic 2022] Question Hero Gold - Participated in all Question of the Week activities' and 20 points.

Here's a quick list of my favorite Sonic memories in a random order

Watching my Uncle play Sonic 2 (16-bit)

As I mentioned in the past, my Uncle was my gateway into Gaming.

My Uncle giving me his Sega Genesis

This was my first console and set of games, so I was ecstatic.

Getting a Game Gear

While the Sega Genesis was my first console, the Game Gear was my first handheld.

I played Sonic 2 & Sonic Chaos a lot when the batteries were good.

Saving up to get Sonic CD...only to get Sonic Spinball instead

There was game store that was selling Sonic CD but it was $20 and I didn't have enough.

When I did have enough, it was gone when we went to the store and Sonic Spinball was my other option

Still had fun with it though

My first Sonic Comic

When I went to a local convenience store, I saw Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #36.

From there until IDW's issue #50, I've been following the US Sonic Comics ever since.

Sega Saturn

I got a Sega Saturn and played a bunch of Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast, & NiGHTS

Sega Dreamcast

I got Sonic Adventure, a Dreamcast, and some other games for Christmas one year

Sonic Adventure 2

On the Launch Day of Sonic Adventure 2, I returned to my old neighborhood and reunited with one of my best friends

However, when I got home and got halfway through City Escape, our power went out due to a Thunderstorm.

When it came back on at 1AM in the morning, I went downstairs and played up to Pumpkin Hill until my mom said, GO TO BED.

Sonic Mega Collection

After I moved to my new house (where I still live today), I went back and played the classics on the GameCube and finally beat each of these games for the first time.

Sonic X

I remember watching recordings of Sonic X after I got back from Karate Practice

Sonic Battle & Sonic Advance 3

After I graduated from Middle School, I got both games and fought out between Emerl & Gemerl.

I don't remember if I beat Sonic Battle before I beat Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Rush & Shadow the Hedgehog

I definitely beat Rush before Shadow the Hedgehog.

Sonic 2006

I had to buy the game twice...

Joining Online Sonic Communities

I started going online more and joined several communities which include, SonicSpot, the SEGA Forums, and even this one.

Even I butted heads with a few people, there were still have fun times, especially when Sonic Generations was announced.

Sonic Unleashed HD

My favorite Sonic game to this day.

Also the first game I did a full walkthrough/FAQ for.