Awoo.

There should be another Sonic the Hedgehog anime, to be honest.

Sonic X is kind of a mid anime to be honest. Even when you watch it subbed, it doesn't really change much.

So why not make another, better Sonic anime? There is clearly a market for it. A new Sonic anime would honestly be dope. While Sonic Prime is looking quite good, CGI shows are getting kind of overdone. We need more 2D animated Sonic shows, and an anime would be just the thing.

Now of course, there is the problem of Sonic not being that popular in Japan. But the franchise is very popular elsewhere, and anime is also popular around the world. If they don't want to worry about TV ratings, Sega could always make it a streaming exclusive. Also, personally, I would love for Trigger or Bones to do it. I know Sega owns TMS, but honestly, they don't really fit the Sonic style that much. Their work on Sonic X was spotty, to say the least. Sure, there were a couple of amazing, sakuga worthy moments, but the action was pretty stiff, and there were plenty of off-model shots, too. Trigger and Bones don't have this problem (for the most part), and either of them would be a perfect fit to animate the world of Sonic.

But what do you guys think? Should there be another Sonic anime?

• Thumbs Up 1

I shall toss my hat into the ring. And I shall make some Arcs for this anime.

Arc 1: Chaos Saga. A toned down version of Adventure's story. 

Arc 2: ARC Saga. As you might be able to guess, this will be Adventure 2. Luckily we won't need to tone this one as much.

Arc 2 1/5: Advanced Saga. The story of the Sonic advance trilogy and Sonic Battle happen here.

Arc 3: Heroes/Metal Overlord Saga. The story of Heroes.

Arc 4: Shadow Saga. Follows a mash-up of the  Hero route and the true ending.

Arc 4 1/2: Sol Saga. Sonic Rush 1 and 2.

Arc 5: Solaris Saga. 06 minus the woman Kissing Sonic.

Arc 5 1/3: Rings Saga. Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Arc 5 2/3: Sword Saga. Black Knight.

Arc 6:  Gaia Saga. Unleashed.

it would end here, cause after this the stories started sucking.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Sonic X is kind of a mid anime to be honest. Even when you watch it subbed, it doesn't really change much.

So why not make another, better Sonic anime? There is clearly a market for it. A new Sonic anime would honestly be dope. While Sonic Prime is looking quite good, CGI shows are getting kind of overdone. We need more 2D animated Sonic shows, and an anime would be just the thing.

Now of course, there is the problem of Sonic not being that popular in Japan. But the franchise is very popular elsewhere, and anime is also popular around the world. If they don't want to worry about TV ratings, Sega could always make it a streaming exclusive. Also, personally, I would love for Trigger or Bones to do it. I know Sega owns TMS, but honestly, they don't really fit the Sonic style that much. Their work on Sonic X was spotty, to say the least. Sure, there were a couple of amazing, sakuga worthy moments, but the action was pretty stiff, and there were plenty of off-model shots, too. Trigger and Bones don't have this problem (for the most part), and either of them would be a perfect fit to animate the world of Sonic.

But what do you guys think? Should there be another Sonic anime?

Yes! The fact that Sega were considering one this time, yet went with another generic Western Netflix cartoon will never not break my heart...

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Sonic Fan 3,183 said:

I shall toss my hat into the ring. And I shall make some Arcs for this anime.

Arc 1: Chaos Saga. A toned down version of Adventure's story. 

Arc 2: ARC Saga. As you might be able to guess, this will be Adventure 2. Luckily we won't need to tone this one as much.

Arc 2 1/5: Advanced Saga. The story of the Sonic advance trilogy and Sonic Battle happen here.

Arc 3: Heroes/Metal Overlord Saga. The story of Heroes.

Arc 4: Shadow Saga. Follows a mash-up of the  Hero route and the true ending.

Arc 4 1/2: Sol Saga. Sonic Rush 1 and 2.

Arc 5: Solaris Saga. 06 minus the woman Kissing Sonic.

Arc 5 1/3: Rings Saga. Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Arc 5 2/3: Sword Saga. Black Knight.

Arc 6:  Gaia Saga. Unleashed.

What, no Arc 7 for the Metal Virus? /s

I'm always game for a good anime. Sonic X could be shotty. Get me something with the same energy as the OVA. 

I'd imagine something with a potential first season centered around Cream as an audience surrogate, integrating her into the cast using the basic setup of Sonic Advance 2: She's separated from Vanilla and the season arc is the gang helping Cream locate her mother.

Season 2 would be an Adventure adaptation. 

17 hours ago, Sonic Fan 3,183 said:

unknown.png

It's weird because... I honestly think the stories in the more recent games have been pretty much the same as they ever were. There are a few good moments, some fun, cheesy dialogue, the characters are fairly consistent if one-note, and the plots are absolute nonsense. I can't really imagine too many people outside of the target demo really finding much value in them, but they're fine for what they are. It's just... that's how I've felt about Sonic's storytelling ever since Adventure, so to draw the line there seems pretty arbitrary to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, SonicBoom said:

unknown.png

It's weird because... I honestly think the stories in the more recent games have been pretty much the same as they ever were. There are a few good moments, some fun, cheesy dialogue, the characters are fairly consistent if one-note, and the plots are absolute nonsense. I can't really imagine too many people outside of the target demo really finding much value in them, but they're fine for what they are. It's just... that's how I've felt about Sonic's storytelling ever since Adventure, so to draw the line there seems pretty arbitrary to me.

I shall respect your opinion, but I shall not agree.

• Fist Bump 1