Awoo.

What were the most disturbing moments in the Sonic the Hedgehog comics?

Rabbitearsblog

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Weren't the Tasmanian Devils introduced in the comics before Flynn came into the comics?

As de-anthropomorphized blood hounds. It was Flynn's run that turned it into something to stop and think about. 

3 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

This line (or close to it) from Sonic to the Babylon Rogues (around the Mecha Sally arc):

"If no-one's OK, you better hope you can run faster than me."

Given all the crap he'd been through around that time, it was warranted, but still...

Yeah, it's actually pretty disturbing when Sonic makes death threats like that.

I finally bit the bullet and read the entire IDW series up until now and the imposter syndrome spinoff and I've found something even more disturbing there to me. For those not read the spinoff: SPOILER ALERT!!

Spoiler

The loss of self, the loss of control. Basically Kitsunami's entire persona feels extremely disturbing to me. Especially the trauma he's been through with all those test phases getting him near killed. Psychological breakdown over and over again.

Only for Starline to wipe a part of your memory and do it all over again. 

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Duelistic Nature said:

I finally bit the bullet and read the entire IDW series up until now and the imposter syndrome spinoff and I've found something even more disturbing there to me. For those not read the spinoff: SPOILER ALERT!!

Hide contents

The loss of self, the loss of control. Basically Kitsunami's entire persona feels extremely disturbing to me. Especially the trauma he's been through with all those test phases getting him near killed. Psychological breakdown over and over again.

Only for Starline to wipe a part of your memory and do it all over again. 

Spoiler

I also think that Kit and Surge's situation in IDW is pretty disturbing too, especially with the fact that they were basically tortured when Dr. Starline got to them and they pretty much had their memories wiped out during the whole ordeal.

• Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:45 PM, Cuz said:

As de-anthropomorphized blood hounds. It was Flynn's run that turned it into something to stop and think about. 

Yeah, it was implied that that was just the natural state of Tasmanian devils on Mobius, that they hadn't evolved into Mobian forms. Flynn made it so that they were originally anthropomorphic, but experimented on to be turned beast-like.

Also, here's something I can't believe I forgot: that King Maximillian Acorn wanted to dismantle, i.e. kill, all the Robians (roboticized Mobians), even though their free will was restored and it wasn't their fault they were roboticized, out of paranoia. He actually started to do it when Naugus was able to possess him.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Yeah, it was implied that that was just the natural state of Tasmanian devils on Mobius, that they hadn't evolved into Mobian forms. Flynn made it so that they were originally anthropomorphic, but experimented on to be turned beast-like.

Also, here's something I can't believe I forgot: that King Maximillian Acorn wanted to dismantle, i.e. kill, all the Robians (roboticized Mobians), even though their free will was restored and it wasn't their fault they were roboticized, out of paranoia. He actually started to do it when Naugus was able to possess him.

Oh yeah!  I remembered the arc where King Acorn wanted to destroy all the Robians.  That was pretty disturbing to see the King act that way.

I remember a panel in Fleetway where Robotnik detonates a bomb, which sends out a bunch of spiked projectiles, amongst a group of civilians.

Sonic runs around and catches them all in time, but one spike comes within half an inch of impaling a villager in the eye (the disturbing shot).

To add to this, Sonic had to be a dick. He says to the nearly impaled guy: "Did you know it's a bad idea to play with sharp objects?"

28 minutes ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I remember a panel in Fleetway where Robotnik detonates a bomb, which sends out a bunch of spiked projectiles, amongst a group of civilians.

Sonic runs around and catches them all in time, but one spike comes within half an inch of impaling a villager in the eye (the disturbing shot).

To add to this, Sonic had to be a dick. He says to the nearly impaled guy: "Did you know it's a bad idea to play with sharp objects?"

The thing about Fleetway Sonic is that he's often portrayed as a jerk in that series, although I honestly haven't read Fleetway Sonic, so don't take my word for it.

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

The thing about Fleetway Sonic is that he's often portrayed as a jerk in that series, although I honestly haven't read Fleetway Sonic, so don't take my word for it.

I believe he was a dick pretty much all the time from what I remember, and way worse when going Super. The only time he dropped the act was when one of friends in that canon, Johnny Lightfoot, was killed by Chaos.

6 hours ago, HywelAtTheMoon said:

I believe he was a dick pretty much all the time from what I remember, and way worse when going Super. The only time he dropped the act was when one of friends in that canon, Johnny Lightfoot, was killed by Chaos.

Oh yeah.  Johnny Lightfoot being killed should be another disturbing moment.