Awoo.

New “Narrative Driven” Mobile Sonic Game in Development at SEGA Hardlight

nuckles87
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into New “Narrative Driven” Mobile Sonic Game in Development at SEGA Hardlight at some point.

It looks like we’ve got a new mobile Sonic game incoming from SEGA Hardlight, if a new job listing on Gameindustry.biz’s jobs board is any indication. The job listing is for a lead artist, who will work on a “new Sonic game,” who will, among other things, need to be ready to “push the limits mobile gaming to near-console levels.” While not technically an official confirmation, it might as well be.

The job listing also includes another interesting detail: this new mobile title will be apparently be an “ambitious” narrative driven platforming game. This would be new for a Sonic mobile game, which typically focus on very arcade-y game play (such as autorunners or racing games), that only occasionally have a story mode, and have never tackled traditional platforming. Beyond this detail, little else is currently known about the project.

You can find the job listing here.

View full story

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS Classic Comment Bot

• GX -The Spindash-

• nuckles87

• SolidSurgeTT

Posted By: Metal

I don’t think I’ve ever been excited for the announcement of a mobile exclusive title, and I can’t say this has broken that trend.

Posted By: yellowstar

I read a leak posted on Twitter that Hardlight would end support for Speed Battle by the end of 2024 in favour of a Genshin Impact styled Sonic game developed by them. Seeing this appear in the last few days has given the leak more of a basis but it didnt go into detail so its all still a mystery.

Would be nice if they could reuse all the costumes they made besides porting them to Sonic Dash.

Posted By: Eggfan01

On 7/29/2022 at 3:42 AM, Metal said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been excited for the announcement of a mobile exclusive title, and I can’t say this has broken that trend.

Had me in the first half LOL

I wonder if it’ll be a tie-in with Sonic Frontiers or something different entirely. A bigger budget mobile Sonic game sounds interesting, and I wonder how it’ll play. There’s a chance it could be another Sonic Dash derivative, though, which would dampen my excitement a little as we’ve had a few already, but we’ll see.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:12 PM, yellowstar said:

I read a leak posted on Twitter that Hardlight would end support for Speed Battle by the end of 2024 in favour of a Genshin Impact styled Sonic game developed by them. Seeing this appear in the last few days has given the leak more of a basis but it didnt go into detail so its all still a mystery.

Would be nice if they could reuse all the costumes they made besides porting them to Sonic Dash.

I recommend taking that leak with a HEAVY dose of skepticism.

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was unlocked