Awoo.

Sonic Movie 3 General Discussion- December 20th, 2024

VO.SUPER

The movie just got its official release date announced. 

This is a significant timeframe increase for development over movie 2, which can only be a good thing for the pacing this time around, and maybe helps with actor negotiations. 

Likely they have a good concept for the production, hence why they have a date so early. It's also to note this is the covetted winter date they wanted to release the first movie in. So big news there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yay! Some good news before sleep on a Monday night.

Nothing really unexpected, but good to see nonetheless, I guess it's already one step closer to don't fall in a production limbo (not that it had many reasons).

As pointed, good time frame for them to develop the story and cast characters. The doubts still remain, will Jim Carrey come back? Will it be an adaption of Adventure 2? Shall we expect more new characters? Which direction they will follow with the cinematic universe after this?

I also believe it's worth pointing the fact that likely, it should be the time to develop the Knuckles' series too which I'd believe will be released around the same time span/around a year before.

2 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

A soul for a soul. One blue sacrificed for the better blue

Ouch, the month films are sent to die. Which is where Sonic was, but that was a BIG exception. And without so much as any fanfare. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Sonic Adventure 2 is the only way they could convince Carrey to come back. It's a story that gives his character some meat to chew on as an actor 

This is great news!  December is usually a good month for movies, although I am a bit concerned that it's releasing in the same month as Avatar 3, although I'm not sure how Avatar 2 will do once it finally releases.

Sonic and Avatar have very different audiences. I doubt many kids/families will be clamouring to see Avatar 3.

4 hours ago, The Famous Sonic said:

I'll be 27 years old by the time Sonic movie 3 comes out! I'm old! 

On your left, passing you by with 5 years. It's all a mindset really ;)

But in all seriousness, 

8 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

I think Sonic Adventure 2 is the only way they could convince Carrey to come back. It's a story that gives his character some meat to chew on as an actor 

I recall in an interview that Carrey never really gotten into the Sonic games in the first place. Sure he'd know about them, but never played them himself. I believe it was his niece or cousin that said he looked like he could play the badguy. Correct me if I'm wrong, purely by memory here.

Besides that sure Eggman in SA2 was a menace on a whole different level, but would it be really that more different from what we've seen Carrey do in the first 2 movies? 

What kind of eggman (if eggman is supposedly 'dead' without a corpse to confirm his passing) are we really looking for in movie 3? 

I'm not looking for an Eggman to be honest. I want another villain to have the focus this time. 

2 hours ago, Duelistic Nature said:

On your left, passing you by with 5 years. It's all a mindset really ;)

But in all seriousness, 

I recall in an interview that Carrey never really gotten into the Sonic games in the first place. Sure he'd know about them, but never played them himself. I believe it was his niece or cousin that said he looked like he could play the badguy. Correct me if I'm wrong, purely by memory here.

Besides that sure Eggman in SA2 was a menace on a whole different level, but would it be really that more different from what we've seen Carrey do in the first 2 movies? 

What kind of eggman (if eggman is supposedly 'dead' without a corpse to confirm his passing) are we really looking for in movie 3? 

Eggman has personal stakes in this plot since this is about his grandfather's legacy. And I think Carrey could be convinced if he was told this could be a big send off for the character. 

It could be that way to show off more of that intimate side of Ivo that Carrey wanted to convey in the first movie. 

4 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

It could be that way to show off more of that intimate side of Ivo that Carrey wanted to convey in the first movie. 

While I do agree if Carrey wanted a more intimate/ personal look on Eggman's life then SA2's familial involvement of his role model turning mad with grief about the murder of Maria is a good way to convince him to get involved.

However with the last movie's cards stacked as they are... what if movie 3 has no Eggman involvement at all and it's just Shadow carrying out the wishes of Geralt Robotnik like in the games, but with no Ivo around? In other words, does the SA2 story hold up if you cut out Eggman? And if it does, what do we think will lose by them doing just that?

On the day when the official release date for Sonic 3 was officially announced, a Pac Man movie was officially announced and will be based on a idea by a guy who worked at one of the companies that worked on the Sonic movie called Lightbeam Entertainment. This was announced first before Sonic 3 release date was officially announced.:

Also, recently, the official Sonic Drive-In Twitter did posted some Sonic related tweets. the official SEGA and Sonic Movie Twitter did respond to the tweet. Pretty cool that they did this.

They previously respond to the trailer tweet that was posted by the official Sonic movie Twitter back in December. They pinned the tweet for a while and later unpinned it a couple of months ago. It's nice to see that the official Sonic Drive-In Twitter finally interacted with them.

I thought they were finally going to do a collaboration for the 2nd movie. However, that turned out to be false. Instead, we got McDonald's. The first movie got Jack in the Box. Lol.

Spoiler

Maybe they might finally do it for the 3rd movie this time? Lol.

Also, do you have any concerns that the Avatar 2 potential success will delay the movie? I wouldn't be surprised if it get delayed. I know Shazam 2 will be releasing a week after Avatar 2. It was supposed to be released on the same day as Avatar 2, but got delayed because they want to avoid competing with the movie. I guess we will have to see how much this could impact.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:19 AM, The Great Egg Emperor said:

Why is the Pac Man movie going to be live action, though?

Not sure why. I guess money. They probably think a live action Pac Man movie could be successful as a live action Sonic movie.

Anyway, I expected filming for the third movie to start filming next year.  Maybe they will start filming early next year. The 3rd movie is probably going to be filmed in Vancouver like the last two movies. The movie won't be released for a very long time. So, they got plenty of time to put all of the efforts in the movie.

Filming for the first movie start at the end of July and ended in October. Originally, the first movie was supposed to be filmed in Atlanta, but got moved to Vancouver possibly likely because that it was likely more cheaper to filmed there than filming in Atlanta. The first movie was partially filmed in San Francisco with a 2nd unit after filming in Vancouver had wrapped. While, filming for the second movie did start in March and ended in Hawaii on June. The working title for the 2nd movie was revealed in November which was revealed months way before filming officially begins in March. The budget for the first movie wasn't that much. I think the budget for the 2nd movie is the same. I wonder if the budget for the 3rd movie is going to be the same like the other two movies?

Spoiler
Spoiler

It's just Namco playing follow the leader with the pitches coming to them. Detective Pikachu and Sonic worked out, and Namco are thinking, "Maybe... Just maybe..."

Since their animated Pac-Man series didn't really move the needle, they are game to try something else. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Found this. The original source was deleted. According to the source, apparently, filming for the 3rd movie will start on November which I think it's a little too early to start filming and the movie is still in early development.

I think this is probably for the Knuckles TV show.

• Thumbs Up 2

Too early to tell, but a movie synopsis was apparently revealed, spoiler warning tho

Spoiler

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, MetKey said:

Too early to tell, but a movie synopsis was apparently revealed, spoiler warning tho

Reveal hidden contents

This early? I don't know. This seems way too early for a leak like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, MetKey said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's turned out that the leak is fake. The writer liked this tweet about the fake leak.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not really surprised that this turned out to be fake.  It's too early for a synopsis to be revealed since the movie will not be coming out for another 2 years and I'm pretty sure that there isn't even a script written out for the third movie yet since the second movie just came out.  Also, there's no way that they would cram all of those characters into one movie unless they were planning on splitting the movies into two parts.  Guess we'll wait until next year to see what the plot is really about.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not surprise that the plot synopsis is fake. There was no way that it would be revealed this early since the movie is in currently early development. So, I knew it was fake.:

Also, Jeff got this cool Shadow statue from First4Figures. I know this is probably doesn't mean that much. What if he use the figure for research for the movie?:

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Not surprise that the plot synopsis is fake. There was no way that it would be revealed this early since the movie is in currently early development. So, I knew it was fake.:

Also, Jeff got this cool Shadow statue from First4Figures. I know this is probably doesn't mean that much. What if he use the figure for research for the movie?:

Awww...how sweet!