Awoo.

Sonic Movie 3 General Discussion- December 20th, 2024

VO.SUPER

Was doing some random pondering about movie 3, and wondering if the film will have an equivalent to the G.U.N Commander from Shadow the Hedgehog.
An argument could be made for having Commander Walters (Olive Garden guy) be this character or some kind of counterpart. He already IS a G.U.N Commander as of movie 2, and it's established he's aware of Shadow's existence, so there might be some kind of foundation laying there. Although for the most part his character is definitely more comedy-oriented than you might expect for his game equivalent? I had thought bringing Neil McDonough back (Major Bennington/Nobody Cares) from the first movie could be an option too. But perhaps the character of Walters may be portrayed in a more serious way in movie 3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tyson just posted some of his gift photos that he draw for crew's birthdays and other things while getting ready to work on Sonic 3.:

• Thumbs Up 2

On 8/26/2022 at 9:41 AM, Gotta Go Rational said:

Was doing some random pondering about movie 3, and wondering if the film will have an equivalent to the G.U.N Commander from Shadow the Hedgehog.
An argument could be made for having Commander Walters (Olive Garden guy) be this character or some kind of counterpart. He already IS a G.U.N Commander as of movie 2, and it's established he's aware of Shadow's existence, so there might be some kind of foundation laying there. Although for the most part his character is definitely more comedy-oriented than you might expect for his game equivalent? I had thought bringing Neil McDonough back (Major Bennington/Nobody Cares) from the first movie could be an option too. But perhaps the character of Walters may be portrayed in a more serious way in movie 3.

I would go for a more serious portrayal of Walters. Though if we want a new character that’s more faithful to the game version I think Josh Brolin would be great for the role.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Random yet slightly unsettling thought, but if Big does end up in this movie, will they give him sneakers like the other animals, or will we have to see uncanny valley human feet clad in sandals?  Big is essentially barefoot, but in the games, the Sonic animals don't have toes.  The movies however shake that up, and not really for the better.  x.o

On 8/29/2022 at 10:03 PM, Johnny Boy said:

I would go for a more serious portrayal of Walters. Though if we want a new character that’s more faithful to the game version I think Josh Brolin would be great for the role.

I could see them introducing a new GUN soldier who was responsible for Maria's death and Gerald Robotnik's execution and he might be set up as an antagonist of sorts, although that could be pushing the movie a bit with having three different antagonists in the film.

Not sure if this mean anything. However, the writer hinted something exciting in the next couple of days.:

Also, today are both Ben's and Colleen's birthdays. Happy birthday to them!

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Not sure if this mean anything. However, the writer hinted something exciting in the next couple of days.:

I wonder what Pat Casey means...I hope it has something to do with either Sonic 3 or the Knuckles TV show!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Maybe it's that Tails spin-off movie that's been rumoured in the past.

Although it's more likely to be related to the Knuckles show or Sonic 3. Who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I think it was related to this

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, phobs said:

I think it was related to this

Yeah, you're right. It was probably that. I had hear about that. He posted that tweet about something that he was going to revealed in a couple of days on Monday. I didn't realized he already posted it. Sorry. I didn't expect anything Sonic related. It's really too early for any Sonic movie related news.

• 4 weeks later...

The trailer for the Mario movie is out. Ben seem to like it. Even Katie from SEGA seem to like it. Very happy to see the movie getting a lot of praise. Also, Koji Kondo who worked on the music for several Nintendo games will compose for the movie.:

Here's hoping that there will be music from Crush 40 in Sonic 3.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/9/2022 at 4:41 AM, babsiwuff said:

Random yet slightly unsettling thought, but if Big does end up in this movie, will they give him sneakers like the other animals, or will we have to see uncanny valley human feet clad in sandals?  Big is essentially barefoot, but in the games, the Sonic animals don't have toes.  The movies however shake that up, and not really for the better.  x.o

Maybe give him boots.

• Thumbs Up 2