Awoo.

Sonic Music Spectacular This Weekend! Congratulations to Our 30 Days of Sonic Champions!

Dreadknux

• The title was changed to Sonic Music Spectacular This Weekend! Congratulations to Our 30 Days of Sonic Champions!
58 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

It's been a couple months since we formally opened our Community Events forum and I'm psyched about the turnout and participation for the ridiculously huge event we launched with it, the 30 Days of Sonic 2022. In hindsight, it was sheer madness of me to organise and manage something of that scale on my own, but it was 100% worth it. We got some great discussions going, some awesome artwork drawn and some creative games playing too.

We launched 30DOS 2022 with the new Achievements system back in June, and I promised a round of limited edition Badges for Sonic Stadium users who participated in the event. All of these Badges have now been given out to members - if you took part in any of the 30 days' worth of activities, give your Profile page a look to see your shiny new trinkets.

A Full Set.png

I wanted to take some time to properly congratulate nine special Sonic Stadium users, who were dedicated enough to take part in EVERY DAY's activity. You've earned an extra-special, limited edition Badge just for that. Well done to the following users:

We'll plan some more special events for the future - although they may not all be from me! :D One of the things I want to encourage with this new forum is fellow SSMBers to get together and collaborate on special projects - so feel free to pitch to me or an SSMB mod any ideas you have for a fun event you want to host on the forum. It could be a collaborative art project, a music album, some sort of live quiz... we're open to suggestions! I have moved a few past events, that used to live on other forums, into this new Community Events forum to keep things organised, so feel free to browse those to see what we were all up to back in 2016 and beyond.

I also wanted to quickly share a reminder that @Ryannumber1gamer will be hosting the next Community Event on the forum - the return of the long-running Sonic Musical Spectacular! The initial polling for music tracks has already taken place, but the resulting live music event that will follow is yet to take place - tune in this Sunday (1am UK time) to be part of the festivities! Here's the Calendar entry for it, feel free to give it a Follow to remind yourself.

I'm excited to see how we can revitalise friendly community activity across the SSMB through initiatives like this, and Community Events is just one of the things we have. More new features are coming soon.

As a quick update, it seems I've incorrectly set the time on the event calender - it should actually be 8pm BST/3pm EST on Saturday 13th for Day 1, and 8pm BST/3pm EST on Sunday 14th for Day 2.

Still, I just got through setting things up ready for tomorrow, hope everyone's excited for the event to kick off!

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Still, I just got through setting things up ready for tomorrow, hope everyone's excited for the event to kick off!

Heck yeah! Looking forward to hearing everyone's submissions and vibing out with everyone tuning in!

I had a lot of fun getting new Sonic-related things to do each day. Looking forward to the next one!

• Thumbs Up 2

I had a lot of fun taking part every day and even dusted off the Wacom tablet for the drawing activities. 

Initially i was going for the the full 30 days but then the baby arrived and free time no longer existed 😅

26 minutes ago, Stasis said:

I had a lot of fun taking part every day and even dusted off the Wacom tablet for the drawing activities. 

Initially i was going for the the full 30 days but then the baby arrived and free time no longer existed 😅

I too have known the gift of baby (and no free time!) since January - congratulations!! 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you, I enjoyed taking part of every daily event, especially the fan art ones. Yeah I'm slow at drawing and I suck at keeping the quality of my drawings consistent, though I'm mostly proud of the results and I took it as a chance of improving my skills and learn to be a bit faster.

I hope to be able to watch the stream of the Music Spectacular too, even just part of it.

As for suggestions for a new event, it would be nice to host a design event sort of, where the community makes up a game... not necessarily a real game, it might be a concept with arts, story, blueprints of level design, original badniks and so... doesn't have to be a serious thing, even just for fun like the Custom Badnik day in the 30DOS. I'm not sure if I'd be active enough to actually host it personally though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Really enjoyed the event and tge challenges. Fun way to get involved in the community. Thanks for organising it!