Awoo.

[SPOILERS AHEAD] 'Sonic the Hedgehog 3' Synopsis Reportedly Revealed in Industry Publication Production Weekly

DaBigJ

The tweet in question and the remainder of this post will be provided within a spoiler tab out of extra caution in the event someone accidentally clicks this thread. Do not proceed if you want to be surprised.

Sonic Stadium News Story:
https://www.sonicstadium.org/2022/08/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-movie-synopsis-revealed-via-trade-publication/

Spoiler

So early details about Sonic 3 were seemingly revealed....well, early. This sounds...interesting, but I'm a bit bothered by the characters they choose beyond Shadow.

Like, really? Big the Cat? Over ROUGE OR OMEGA? C'mon, son. Lame.

Image - WallBreakingOut.jpg | Encyclopedia SpongeBobia | FANDOM powered ...

I heard about this and immediately needed it.

Spoiler

Bummed about Rouge, but maybe they're saving her for the Knuckles' tv show. Still a bit disappointing. Maybe not all hope is gone yet; maybe Rouge is really playing up espionage, so this synopsis is saving that for later. We're gonna need someone with her expertise to get that info on Gerald.

Its really hard to feel any sort of way about character reveals - considering that we don't know whats going to come out of the Knux TV series just yet. Some of the characters mentioned in the synopsis may well have already made their debuts by the time the 3rd movie rolls around.

Spoiler

Would it be surprising if either Amy or Big showed up in the TV show first? Not really. Ditto for Rouge, who between the TV show and third movie has a 1000% chance to show up somewhere.

@Jake_LeOFFICIAL

Spoiler

Big may be underwhelming, but the movie theoretically already has two bonnifide headliners in Shadow and Metal. Those two will move the needle enough to get the hype train chugging along.

Spoiler

>"hey, let's throw in three characters who weren't playable for Shadow's original story, but not one who was.

Lol, this already feels bloated....

• Thumbs Up 1

Two Sonic clones + Egghead as villains at the same time? Why, just call the movie Sonic Triple Trouble then. 

But truth be told, I'm a little concerned about how they'll be able to develop both Shadow AND Metal (then again, Metal doesn't need much development, he's a fucking robot). But the thing is, both of them challenge Sonic's speed, meaning their face offs will be kinda samey. We'll see.

Also, Mini Emeralds? lol Amy AND BIG? Oh my goodness, Jeff. Don't bite more than you can chew. Big deserves a solo movie. Hell, a trilogy actually. And a Paramount+ series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

Like, you could sorta justify Amy since she was technically part of the plot of SA2 and composite her role with Rouge's to justify having a female lead.

But Big and Metal Sonic are absolutely pushing it. Neither character has much to do with Shadow's story, and in the latter's case, they both occupy the same niche as evil Sonic clones so there's a sense of redundancy there.

I really hope this is just an early draft and this gets revised later to something more cohesive otherwise this is gonna be a mess of a movie lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Im already so worried with Metal being in this movie; I want him introduced to the movie verse, especially if Jim Carrey is on a time limit, but not at the expense of cutting into Shadow’s movie and throwing a wrench in both arcs they’d be best for individually. Might as well set my expectations to the lowest possible setting if they’re cramming extra characters in just for the sake of “star” power.

Spoiler

Yeah I kinda hope it's fake, because it feels too bloated. I'd understand bringing Metal in to complete the trinity of Eggman, Shadow and someone else as a means to get a rivalry going with Sonic's own team, plus Metal could be the final threat once Shadow switches sides, as I doubt we're going to space, much less bring the Biolizard in, as both feel like a bit of a jump compared to what we got so far.  Amy I can also see being brought in and tying whatever her arc is to Shadow's, so that we can have the scene of her convincing Shadow to help by reminding him of Maria, but Big really feels like pushing it. I also feel like bringing Metal in, while necessary because unless they give Rouge the same powers as the main trio, it'll be hard for her to match Knuckles (unless they match her up with Tails instead) brings the problem of two characters whose powersets are a copy of Sonic's, removing the uniqueness of both Shadow's AND Metal's introductions.

I can see some of the choices here working, and I was never expecting a straight adaptation of SA2 as some were, since I could see them avoiding some of the more out there elements of SA2, so the plot taking a mostly different route doesn't surprise nor bother me, however the amount of things they want to tackle if this does turn out to be real do worry me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh gosh, I hope that isn’t legit. They are stuffing way too many characters into this if that’s true. I was hoping for a more focused narrative that would give Sonic and Tails more intimate character interactions without having to make room for a bunch of other new characters (I already felt Knuckles kind of crowded Tails out of Sonic 2).

I don't trust this. It's too early for an synopsis. They probably just have an rough story treatment at this point in the production.

• Thumbs Up 1

It should be noted that the second movie's plot leaked about over half a year before it came out.

That said, they haven't even started filming yet so take it with a grain of salt. This is more like a skeleton.

• Thumbs Up 4

Why are we bothering with spoiler warnings in a spoiler thread?

Spoiler

Shadow and Metal Sonic plus Amy was farfetched before we knew who'd be the main new character but Shadow, Amy, Metal Sonic, and Big in one movie? Damn. 

I guess if they're not sure if the franchise will continue after this it makes this is the time they'd start bringing in more things. 

Didn't they use the term Master Emerald in the second movie?

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: TheSonicGamingGod

What is the picture at the top and can you link it? i would love to have that as a wallpaper even if it is a fan mockup.

Posted By: DK Fan

I don't know. To me, introducing two characters from the games at a time seems like a good strategy. But doubling the amount to four for the third movie seems like a stretch. The first movie was meant to show how Sonic's feud with Dr. Eggman got started, while the second showed his growing friendships with Tails and Knuckles. Trying to fit in the beginnings of his relationship with Amy, his friendship with Big, his rivalry with Shadow and his feud with Metal Sonic into a less than 2 hour movie would be a big hassle to do.

On 8/16/2022 at 1:50 PM, SolidSurgeTT said:

Oh gosh, I hope that isn’t legit. They are stuffing way too many characters into this if that’s true. I was hoping for a more focused narrative that would give Sonic and Tails more intimate character interactions without having to make room for a bunch of other new characters (I already felt Knuckles kind of crowded Tails out of Sonic 2).

My thoughts exactly.

If Shadow and Metal were both involved, I figured Metal would be Robotnik's secret trump card, the final boss for when Shadow inevitably switched sides. Having both "evil Sonic"s active at once feels like it would be hard to balance.

No real feelings about Amy and Big possibly appearing, in general or over more "important" characters like Rouge. Getting any Sonic characters involved in the story given how the setting works is a task, so I'd have to wait and see how they go about it for whoever they bring in.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having Metal Sonic just be a last minute final boss is probably the only way to use him without stepping on anyone else's toes.

• Thumbs Up 1