Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW: Scrapnik Island #2 - Alternate Covers & Info Reveal

Sonictrainer

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Sonictrainer was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 10 points.

Fafm06AWAAI6N8H?format=jpg&name=4096x409FafnP_wXwAEpZQA?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FafziM0X0AEgxx0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

IT'S ALIVE!

It's rusted...

It's shaped like Sonic...

IT'S MECHA SONIC!

He's no longer Eggman's prized invention but just a docile bot living among other washed-up Badniks.

And now he is tasked with helping Sonic & Tails.

Has Eggman's nefarious programming truly been rusted over, or will Sonic's presence awaken a forgotten part of Mecha Sonic?

Scheduled Release Date: November 2022

Guess who's back

• Thumbs Up 6

• The title was changed to Sonic the Hedgehog IDW: Scrapnik Island #2 - Alternate Covers & Info Reveal

I'm a huge fan of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles era Mecha Sonic, so this is going to be right up my alley! I'm getting some weird 'Mad Max' style vibes off the cover art, really cool. :D 

• Thumbs Up 2

Mecha looks like a tatooine wanderer, the main conver is amazing; I wonder if other villains will come back.

That version of Mecha Sonic doesn't have any precedence of appearing post-Adventure, so.. I guess this is a sign the Classic/Modern dimension split is over now.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic Team classic games were always canon (remember Adventure even flashing back to CD?), the split is about general art style and also the non-ST games like Fighters or so. All this stuff might be getting retconned out, but even if it isn't, this doesn't sign anything other than "as usual, the fanbase at large misunderstood stuff because they got information they shouldn't have gotten".

2 hours ago, Mauro Fonseca said:

The Sonic Team classic games were always canon (remember Adventure even flashing back to CD?), the split is about general art style and also the non-ST games like Fighters or so. All this stuff might be getting retconned out, but even if it isn't, this doesn't sign anything other than "as usual, the fanbase at large misunderstood stuff because they got information they shouldn't have gotten".

Characters like Bean, Bark and Fang are officially "Classic only", so I don't see why that shouldn't have applied to Mecha Sonic too. I think that the fact that he will appear in "Modern form" really is a sign that the idiotic "2 world split" is slowly disappearing.

I wonder if this comic will go hardcore in terms of horror since it's from a writer who is well-known for writing gritty stories?

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I wonder if this comic will go hardcore in terms of horror since it's from a writer who is well-known for writing gritty stories?

If that is the case, I hope it ends up on Linkara’s Longbox of the Damned someday! Xxx

2 hours ago, SkyHorizon said:

Characters like Bean, Bark and Fang are officially "Classic only", so I don't see why that shouldn't have applied to Mecha Sonic too. I think that the fact that he will appear in "Modern form" really is a sign that the idiotic "2 world split" is slowly disappearing.

Because Bean, Bark and Fang are from games Sonic Team didn't make, while Mecha Sonic is? I mentioned why on the very post you're quoting lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the textless version of the B Cover

Fai9AHYUIAAmSZZ?format=jpg&name=large

How many Badniks & machines can you identify in the pile?

Spoiler

Also, do you think we're going to have a Scrapnik Mecha Knuckles VS Scrapnik Mecha Sonic fight?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here's the textless version of the B Cover

Fai9AHYUIAAmSZZ?format=jpg&name=large

How many Badniks & machines can you identify in the pile?

Hide contents

Also, do you think we're going to have a Scrapnik Mecha Knuckles VS Scrapnik Mecha Sonic fight?

I love the look of this cover!

Since this is the current standalone Scrapnik Island Topic, I'll post any new info/references from the artists here

Spoiler

FajUVj9X0AYOmke?format=jpg&name=mediumFajaZrpXgAEmijq?format=png&name=mediumFajajYgXEAEzBJ-?format=png&name=small

Natalie FNow that more Scrapnik info is out, here's some old sketches I made of Mecha Sonic, E-117 Sigma, and Mecha Knuckles while working on their designs!

Spoiler

FaoCoN1X0AAbBiC?format=jpg&name=large

Thomas: Drew a little Mecha Sonic- as a treat.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:08 AM, Mauro Fonseca said:

Because Bean, Bark and Fang are from games Sonic Team didn't make, while Mecha Sonic is? I mentioned why on the very post you're quoting lol

So, you think that Classic characters can appear only in "Classic Universe", but only if they debuted only in Non-Sonic Team games. Except for Tails, I guess, because, you know, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 WASN'T DEVELOPED BY SONIC TEAM. But, hey, I'm pretty sure you have a perfect explanation, for that, right? Lol 😉

1 hour ago, SkyHorizon said:

So, you think that Classic characters can appear only in "Classic Universe", but only if they debuted only in Non-Sonic Team games. Except for Tails, I guess, because, you know, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 WASN'T DEVELOPED BY SONIC TEAM. But, hey, I'm pretty sure you have a perfect explanation, for that, right? Lol 😉

Wasn't STI essentially the American equivalent of Sonic Team? And it was a main series game.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, SkyHorizon said:

You know the guy you are quoting works on the comic, right. 

Anyway yeah, that is precisely what is going on until / unless Sega has a change of heart. 

Sonic 2 wasn't developed by Sonic Team, although people from that team DID help, it didn't just materialize out of thin air with pure American willpower, (and Tails was created by a Japanese guy, we would have had a turtle if they had picked the USA option) and it is part of the mainline games, unlike Sonic & Tails 2 (Triple Trouble) and Sonic The Fighters 

• Thumbs Up 5

13 hours ago, SkyHorizon said:

Yes, my explanation is that I don't want to write a paragraph of text explaining what a Sonic Team is, and thus understood you'd somehow have the good faith to understand I used "Sonic Team" as a short for "The team that developed Sonic 1 and then divided to develop Sonics 2, 3, Knuckles and CD, then re-unified as Sonic Team", counter to the teams that developed Game Gear games or Arcade games, who were outright separate teams such as AM2 or outright not even Sega companies such as Aspect Co.

EDIT: like jesus christ do you think people are just dumb enough to not know about STI etc

also "two worlds" was never about classic-modern Sonic, it was about a world of animals and one of humans- please just calm down and read what's being said rather than trying to get bad-faith gotchas in, because you're clearly confused

8 hours ago, Mauro Fonseca said:

also "two worlds" was never about classic-modern Sonic, it was about a world of animals and one of humans- please just calm down and read what's being said rather than trying to get bad-faith gotchas in, because you're clearly confused

You're putting together two different things: the two worlds idea (aka the Sonic X period) was the other idiotic idea that predates the Classic-Modern split. Why are you mixing it in all of a sudden?

Anyway, can you explain what the source of "Classic-only is not Sonic Team games" is? Must have missed it... 😁

29 minutes ago, SkyHorizon said:

You're putting together two different things: the two worlds idea (aka the Sonic X period) was the other idiotic idea that predates the Classic-Modern split. Why are you mixing it in all of a sudden?

Anyway, can you explain what the source of "Classic-only is not Sonic Team games" is? Must have missed it... 😁

You are obviously not reading the things that people tell you or, if you do, you just read what you want to read, but ok

In a previous post you said 

"that shouldn't have applied to Mecha Sonic too. I think that the fact that he will appear in "Modern form" really is a sign that the idiotic "2 world split" is slowly disappearing." 

How can someone read this without thinking you considered the "two worlds" thing to apply to Classic and Modern as well? Mauro is correcting you on that. 

As for the source that you felt the need to request with a quirky emoticon

1) Flynn has said so in one of his bumblekasts, I am not going to search for the exact episode 

2) and bear with me, it's important, Mauro. works. on. the. comic. 

1 hour ago, Ducktor Naldush said:

You are obviously not reading the things that people tell you or, if you do, you just read what you want to read, but ok

Quote more precisely if you're making accusation, please.

How can someone read this without thinking you considered the "two worlds" thing to apply to Classic and Modern as well? Mauro is correcting you on that. 

Ehm... that's what I just said. Two worlds referring to Classic/Modern split. Mauro dragged in the Mobian/Human thing that had absolutely nothing to do with this. So... what was your point again?

As for the source that you felt the need to request with a quirky emoticon

😂😂😂

1) Flynn has said so in one of his bumblekasts, I am not going to search for the exact episode 

Oh, of course. He said it somewhere, can't remember where, but he was there, of course (quirky emoticon follow).

EDIT: Please, don't take it bad, I'm just expressing some opinions, I know that sometimes I can be a bit... grating. I just want to discuss certain popular beliefs that I do not share.