Awoo.

New Japanese Sonic Frontiers TV Commercial Released

caitash

The ad (it's most likely a TV spot) doesn't really show anything new, but it looks really pretty.

Here is a translation of what the narration is saying:

One thing I noticed about Sonic running on the walls is that he definitely jumps off another wall, and there's none of the markings on the walls, so it seems that Sonic really can run up any incline or wall in the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looking fresh. Wonder what the song is that's playing in the background... it's not very clear in the audio.

Just running. No springs, no rails, just freedom. 

That should have been the games first impression lol. 

• Thumbs Up 7
  • Way Past Cool 1

Honestly, the confirmation of a new vocal theme alone is bringing a massive smile to my face. Hopefully the trailer we get next week has a lot more of it in there (as well as more of everything else of course lol)

• Thumbs Up 2

The use of speed and momentum in this game, particularly the speeding bouncing through the walls section, really does put a smile on my parkour-enthusiast face.

• Thumbs Up 4

The use of guitar and violins in that brief snippet of vocal theme suggests to me that the song in the Nintendo direct was another part of this same track. No clue who's singing obviously, not that I'm any good at recognizing singers anyway.

Anyway, I think these are still shots from the first island, we just haven't seen sunset or some of these other parts of it yet.

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Just running. No springs, no rails, just freedom. 

That should have been the games first impression lol. 

I also noticed a distinct lack of booster pads in the trailer as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I also noticed a distinct lack of booster pads in the trailer as well.

Not a homing attack chain to be seen either. Not even a GHZ sighting. 

Are we even looking at a Sonic game? 

This game better have a photo mode because these are some nice vistas. Not much to say about the gameplay, except that the animations look less stiff.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so unsatisfied with how short of a clip this was lol, especially in terms of the vocals augh. At the very least we got a decent idea of what they'll sound like, (definitely sounds like someone like Nate) but I need an actual verse or something dammit

On the other hand, we finally have a close-up view of the water section now. Still not exactly a clear shot, but it definitely seems to be more of a lake than not. Wonder if there will be any underwater secrets to find there or not.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, MightyGems said:

This is the trailer the tweet you posted was talking about, I am sure.

There's several "doin collision detection" moments in this teaser

So this might be the fanbase getting their hopes up too high, including me, but after spending about two hours alternating back and forth of Nate's vocal range and Vic Fuentes songs from Pierce the Veil, I think I might be leaning in Vic's direction as well? It just sounds far more comparably natural, specifically with when his voice falls, from that admittedly incredibly short cut.

Could still be either but a Pierce the Veil vocalist doing a Sonic theme would be incredibly cool

• The title was changed to New Japanese Sonic Frontiers TV Commercial Released

I actually think this is a good ad to build intrigue for someone who's never seen the game before. Hopefully the next trailer is something more aimed at fans who've been following the marketing this whole time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Been only paying slight attention to Frontiers since the media blowout at IGN so this was a nice surprise. Looks intriguing and hoping for some juicy details soon.

• Thumbs Up 4

-> Cool calm music at the start

-> One Character questioning Sonic's motivation

-> Cut to a AWESOME VOCAL

That commercial brought a smile to my face.