Awoo.

Frontiers Releasing 8th November 2022.

Rabid-Coot

It looks like the advert we got recently but with a date at the end, currently private but we can't be far from the intended announcement.

Fa1ghYZX0AAkfJJ.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

10 days before Pokemon. That's going to be tough. 

But hey, hopefully the game is good and they can coexist. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Forget Pokemon, this is literally the day before God of War Ragnarok.

I can't tell if they're really brave or really dumb to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic isn't competing with Pokemon or God of WarPokemon sells so much that it is basically in its own realm of existence. And there is literally no overlap between Sonic and God of War. That and both of these franchises are exclusive to a brand of consoles while Sonic is hitting everywhere.

Generations released around the same time as Uncharted 3 and did well. Even Forces met expectations despite releasing after Mario Odyssey

Sonic as a brand is strong enough to sell through most things so long as its marketed well and reviews well.

• Thumbs Up 7

14 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Forget Pokemon, this is literally the day before God of War Ragnarok.

No. Dont forget Pokemon, God of War is aimed at adults on PS5. That's like saying Splatoon 3 is making a mistake releasing the same month as TLOU remake.  

Competition is always fierce around the end of the year but proximity to holidays makes it worth the risk. Maybe you do lose some sales to other games but the trade off is a stronger launch as some are bought as gifts.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VO.SUPER said:

No. Dont forget Pokemon, God of War is aimed at adults on PS5. That's like saying Splatoon 3 is making a mistake releasing the same month as TLOU remake.  

Even if they're different demographics, we're still talking about a release of one of the biggest games of the year.

That Splatoon comparison doesn't even work because they're on different hardware while Sonic is releasing on the same exact platform as his competitors.

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

Let me show you WHAT. I'M. MADE. OF. NOOOOOOOW!!!!

But in all seriousness; November huh? that's a month earlier than I expected, but a welcome one.

Does make me wonder, are they confident enough that maybe 1 more month wasn't needed to get it ready for launch or do they have to push it out the door like they did with some other projects Sonic Team had?

10 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Even if they're different demographics, we're still talking about a release of one of the biggest games of the year.

That Splatoon comparison doesn't even work because they're on different hardware while Sonic is releasing on the same exact platform as his competitors.

I'm not certain Sonic would have great sales on PS5 regardless of Ragnarok. 

But yeah, Switch is gonna be a tough one for parents picking out Christmas gifts. 

23 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Even if Splatoon and The Last of Us were on the same console, they would nothing to do with each other's sales because they are fundamentally different games in every respect. And yes, demographics matter. Differences between the games matter.

Mario and Splatoon are infinitely closer to each other than Splatoon and The Last of Us or Sonic and God of War. If this logic always panned out, only one game would ever sell every month. Splatoon would have sold like shit, it's competing with Mario.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Sonic has nothing to worry about. God of War is on only one platform ecosystem while Sonic is on all of them and is also aiming for an entirely separate demographic. Saying one threatens the other only really comes off as doom-mongering.

The only thing that has ever doomed Sonic... is Sonic. 

So fingers crossed for Frontiers, Frontiers is tough competition for it. 

I have to admit, that shot of sonic running to the right while the scenery and lighting changes to different locations, looked really beautiful

• Fist Bump 1

Sonic Forces released in the same week as Call of Duty WWII, a week before Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon and Battlefront 2, for reference. It still sold really well.

29 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

The only thing that has ever doomed Sonic... is Sonic. 

So fingers crossed for Frontiers, Frontiers is tough competition for it. 

You'd think Sonic fans would realize this after all this time.

If Sonic was consistently good, it would be unstoppable. Fuck, he doesn't have consistently good games and he's still unstoppable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Why are you saying Sonic like Sonic?

Sonic the franchise, Sonic the character. It's a habit.

God of War will not affect Sonic because of the demographic that those games hits. God of War is more aimed at the adult ocidentals that like the modern take on games.

Sonic goes to people that like more old school adventures in the west and the average gamer from the east and goes to multiplataform.

Pokemon is the one that could affect in the cases that the person only buy one game. But the most people that I know normally get two or three games for switch when they go buy.

Feel like lot of the people worrying about Frontiers releasing between Pokemon and God of War...aren't even gonna be buying Frontiers

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

10 days before Pokemon.

52305295167_33f37e7c93_o.jpg

Sonictrainer's excitement rose sharply!

2 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Feel like lot of the people worrying about Frontiers releasing between Pokemon and God of War...aren't even gonna be buying Frontiers

Pretty much. And honestly,  this isn't Sonic's first rodeo with other big players in the same month.

The brand holds it's own weight just fine. Heck, this supposed "competition" isn't even the same genre. 

33 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

52305295167_33f37e7c93_o.jpg

Sonictrainer's excitement rose sharply!

Quite an exciting month for you between those two games, I'm guessing?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1