Awoo.

SONIC FRONTIERS Story Trailer

Wraith
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into New Story Details, Locations, and Release Date in Sonic Frontiers' Gamescom Trailer at some point.

• The title was changed to SONIC FRONTIERS Gamescom Trailer
  • The title was changed to SONIC FRONTIERS Story Trailer

Well, it's something I guess. I find it interesting that Sonic seems to be entirely serious this time, without even a quick quip or dialogue outside of the "Amy?" line. Please let this be the game to slightly rewrite Sonic to take things more seriously now.

The gameplay looks...fine. Still just a straight line, but it's boost so that's to be expected. Nice to see a desert world, or sunset GHZ though.

I like the kocos. They're cute. Would save again.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

unknown.png

LMAO fuck off SEGA

Broken link.

At the very least, I'm kind of interested in where this is going so...mission accomplished?

• Thumbs Up 3

Reading the DLC description, does mean Amy will be rescued first, then Knuckles, then Tails last?!

COME ON SEGA, Tails deserves more respect than that!

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

Please let this be the game to slightly rewrite Sonic to take things more seriously now.

It's not...

1 minute ago, Kuzu said:

Broken link.

At the very least, I'm kind of interested in where this is going so...mission accomplished?

Despite my optimism above, I would not say mission accomplished. I know the gameplay is rather final in terms of how it works, but I still think we need to wait and see more of the game. I don't blame you for thinking that, though.

4 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

unknown.png

LMAO fuck off SEGA

I'm pleasantly surprised the digital deluxe isn't pulling the early access thing that Colours Ultimate did.

As somebody who was definitely getting this physically it's good to know I'm not going to have to spend additional days avoiding spoilers.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, MightyGems said:

Despite my optimism above, I would not say mission accomplished. I know the gameplay is rather final in terms of how it works, but I still think we need to wait and see more of the game. I don't blame you for thinking that, though.

Look, I was expecting to feel nothing. The fact I was somewhat interested is an accomplishment.

Yes, I'm low balling here.

• Thumbs Up 2

Effects are way better now, music is great too, just a little disappointed we didn't get the main theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kuzu said:

Look, I was expecting to feel nothing. The fact I was somewhat interested is an accomplishment.

Yes, I'm low balling here.

I was just saying. It is always good to be careful about things, just in case.

Not to sound mean even, but I wasn't surprised that you were expecting to feel nothing, which is not so bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

What the actual fuck.

Sounds like it's a pretty big game.

It’s fine I guess. I hate seeing Green Hill so much and the desert environment looks about as drab as I thought it’d be. Story is intriguing but that’s all I can say about it at the moment.

I don’t DISLIKE what I saw but I really can’t say I’m “hyped”

• Thumbs Up 4

Looks good to me, I’m happy. Great birthday present, thanks Sega XD

If the information in the link is accurately ‘in order’ of Amy, Knux, Tails to be rescued then I’m fine with that. Eggman’s in there somewhere too, right? But so far he isn’t mentioned at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

It’s fine I guess. I hate seeing Green Hill so much and the desert environment looks about as drab as I thought it’d be. Story is intriguing but that’s all I can say about it at the moment.

I don’t DISLIKE what I saw but I really can’t say I’m “hyped”

Take your time, man. Even if you don't grow to like it, or at least by that much, it will be fine.

So guys, are we going to look at, analyze and post details about level design as usual?

3 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

What the actual fuck.

YO WAT????

2 minutes ago, MightyGems said:

I was just saying. It is always good to be careful about things, just in case.

Not to sound mean even, but I wasn't surprised that you were expecting to feel nothing, which is not so bad.

I mean if its bad, I'll just keep it moving lmao 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, caitash said:

Looks good to me, I’m happy. Great birthday present, thanks Sega XD

If the information in the link is accurately ‘in order’ of Amy, Knux, Tails to be rescued then I’m fine with that. Eggman’s in there somewhere too, right? But so far he isn’t mentioned at all.

You may be fine with that, but I'm not! Once again Tails gets shafted when he should at least be playable!

I really hope he isn't just relegated to the opening and ending cutscenes, because, as a Tails fan, that would really piss me off!

Edited by MGA_Gamer
Spelling

Tried to withhold judgement til more gameplay, story/characters and more environments were introduced, so I did. 

Ugly, ugly ugly game. LOL So damn ugly. Smeared in motion blur, dull colors everywhere, reused assets, aesthetics somewhere between Black Knight and some anime open world game (which the latter it's definitely trying to be). Bad. Game looking clunky as ever to play does it no favors. Just keep introducing new anime particle effect lights for Sonic to spawn around him as he floats in mid-air, sure. Boring bg music, completely nondescript. 

Hopefully the story salvages it. Can't see much else being worth the time.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Absolutely 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1