Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers - Digital Deluxe Edition + General Pricing Revealed - Cosmetics confirmed for Sonic?

Ryannumber1gamer

The game just went live for pre-order on PlayStation, revealing the prices of the game:

£50/$60 for the regular edition of the game.

£55/$70 for the Digital Deluxe Edition.

From Steam, here's what the Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

The Digital Deluxe Edition comes with the Explorer's Treasure Box, which contains useful items for your adventure: Amy's Memory Tokens, Knuckles' Memory Tokens, Tails' Memory Tokens, Portal Gears, Chaos Emerald Vault Keys, Additional Gloves & Shoes for Sonic, and a Digital Art Book with a 25-track Digital Mini Soundtrack.

So as a quick sum up for the digital deluxe edition:

• Amy, Tails, and Knuckles' memory tokens
  • Chaos Emerald Vault Keys
  • Portal Gears
  • Additional Gloves + Shoes (Cosmetics?) for Sonic
  • Digital Art Book
  • Mini-Soundtrack

This also includes the pre-order bonus too, which are a few skill points, a power upgrade and a defence upgrade. 

I think it's interesting that it's starting at a discount. Has Sega not dipped their toes into "We're going to raise prices just because we know you'll pay it while pretending that the record profits the industry has had year over year for the past decade isn't enough to cover game development anymore" $70 price point yet in general?

4 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I think it's interesting that it's starting at a discount. Has Sega not dipped their toes into "We're going to raise prices just because we know you'll pay it while pretending that the record profits the industry has had year over year for the past decade isn't enough to cover game development anymore" $70 price point yet in general?

Not that I'm aware at least, but I don't think SEGA had a ton of full-price releases since the idiotic price hike went into effect (could be wrong). Even by the standards of other third-party developers, to my knowledge, a good few of them at least try to go for £60 releases nowadays over in the UK, so I'm genuinely surprised Frontiers is set at the standard £50. It's been awhile since the last time I saw a new full-priced release at that price point.

My big worry was the digital deluxe edition having an early-access perk which is always unfair on folk who buy phyiscally.

The worst thing I can say about the digital deluxe is it falls into the classic trap of charging you more money to play the game less. Never liked being given excess skill points and upgrades out of the gate.

Will be grabbing a physical pre-order once the UK shops start putting them up.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't announce a collector's edition for this tbh.

2 hours ago, Tornado said:

I think it's interesting that it's starting at a discount.

If memory serves correctly, Sonic games have launched at a discount for quite a while now...

That made sense considering how short most of those games were. Frontiers is supposedly longer, but Sega must feel like that price point is making the overall package more appealing.

2 hours ago, PickleBrows said:

I'm kinda surprised they didn't announce a collector's edition for this tbh.

I am 100% with you on this. Roll on the physical editions.

No doubt with the bonus of a Sonic Movie 2 "baby knuckles" keyring 🙄