Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Korone Inugami Collab Pre-Order Bonuses (Currently only in Japan)

DaBigJ

2 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

...huh.

I mean, they got her to act in the movie, so the skies the limit with Sonic and Korone. 

News split from mega thread.

Also this is pretty cool.

EDIT: To also elaborate just from me poking around on the Japanese site (throwing some stuff into deepL too) this appears to be a pre-order bonus and what you get depends on which store you pre-order from. Pre-ordering from Amazon JP gets you the voice pack, GEO gets you an acrylic panel, Joshinweb has the the glove and shoes seen here (probably the coolest of the bunch, tbh)

shop-collabo03.jpg

and finally pre-ordering from Rakuten gets you the Korone mascot skin for the Cocos.

Kinda dumb it's all separated to nickle and dime people like that, but it's nice to see Korone getting opportunities like this. Would be nice if these were brought over here since Hololive is popular in the west too, but I'm not expecting it.

• The title was changed to Sonic Frontiers Korone Inugami Collab Pre-Order Bonuses (Currently only in Japan)

Thank god we didn’t get a Egoraptor collab DLC when he was the one SEGA insisting on having a collab with. 

Imagine the world where SEGA decided to do collab DLC a game earlier, and Forces had Hooters DLC, that would’ve made that whole farce even funnier.

Pretty cool for fans of Hololive. If they’re gonna do a collab with a influencer or YouTuber or whatever, it’s nice that it’s A. One that actually gives a shit about the series, and B. One people actually enjoy engaging with the series. Be kinda lame if it’s JP exclusive though, given the fandom for it outside of Japan.

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Thank god we didn’t get a Egoraptor collab DLC when he was the one SEGA insisting on having a collab with. 

I can imagine him getting even more butthurt at the thought of that than he already is.

What an odd thing for sonic to crossover with, an influencer (do vtubers count as influencers? Idfk that's what I'm calling them until told otherwise). Not a bad thing just, odd. Especially with them changing the koco's look with it, which kind of has me worried kocos won't really be all that important if they're so willing to toss the entire design out the window just for the sake of a crossover.

11 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

What an odd thing for sonic to crossover with, an influencer (do vtubers count as influencers? Idfk that's what I'm calling them until told otherwise). Not a bad thing just, odd. Especially with them changing the koco's look with it, which kind of has me worried kocos won't really be all that important if they're so willing to toss the entire design out the window just for the sake of a crossover.

Vtubers are pretty popular in Japan

8 hours ago, LegoFedora said:

Korone is the official Sonic/Sega Ambassador for Japan now, so it's not that odd. It's why she's in the JP Dub of Sonic 2. A good pick as well, as she's one of the more well-known VTubers internationally who recently got into Sonic on her own in the past couple of years and is part of HoloGamers with a reputation for several extremely long and hardcore gaming sessions in a row, usually out of stubbornness to win, despite concerns from her chat and manager.

If they were going to pick anyone from Japan, she was pretty much the perfect choice. She literally has the perfect gaming mindset and open-mindedness for Sonic games and the right amount of charm to draw people to the series through her.

As a half-joke on the side, the Sonic cast have their own VTuber models, too. So it kinda all comes together perfectly, in a way. lol

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

It's great to see Sega fully embrace this collab to such a degree. The collab has been one of the best things they've done on a PR end in like over a decade honestly. Sega really struck straight gold with her. Korone deserves the spotlight and I only just hope that Frontiers doesn't become too much of a joke in general now that she's a bit tied to it.

It really does suck that there seems to be no plans to release this in the west. Hololive and vtubers in general are fucking huge here too so it really does end up reading like another case of miscommunication/mismanagement between the Sega branches.

I'm not too bent out of shape here regardless though as all this stuff is probably going to be a mod at some point anyway lol. Still, a damn cool bonus.

• Thumbs Up 3

What's odd is I don't see anything regarding the bonus on Amazon JP. And if it doesn't get brought over to the US, I bet you someone will mod them into the PC version, even if its just a simple number change