Awoo.

[RUMOR] Sonic Lost World to get ported to modern consoles

DaBigJ

Wasn't entirely sure if I should make this topic at first, but to hell with it.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "Who the fuck is this guy and why should we trust him?" Well, I was thinking the same thing, so I decided to dig through the account. As much as you may be skeptical...he's actually kind of legit? He's leaked info about Frontiers and other things that ended up being accurate. Notable examples:

* The release date of November 8th

*A story trailer in August

*Frontiers appearing in a Nintendo Direct

*Not Frontiers related, but he was also right about there being news on May 3rd (though this was probably a luck guess)

It's important to still take this with some salt. Nobody's right all the time obviously, but if more info comes out about this I'll be sure to keep this thread updated. 

As for my overall thoughts on the possibility...well, I'm torn. It's not really a good game, but accessibility is a good thing for preserving older games. Guess it really depends on the quality of the port. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I like Lost World, even though it is not one of my favorite Sonic games. I hope this is true. I just don't understand why not rereleasing more popular games instead.

Cant say I'm chomping at the bit to play Lost World again. Might draw more attn that Colors, but thats not saying much.

a. I wonder if they get an outside company to tackle this. Didn't go too well with Colors.

b. Unleashed sitting on the shelf like - Bruh....

Very strange priorities, and I have difficulty buying this. They chose Colors to remaster specifically because it had lots of positive reception. Lost World didn't review well and fans don't hold it in particularly high regard, and given how hard they tried to fast track back to boost gameplay with Forces, the impression was that Sega pretty much wanted to forget about it too.

Just now, ZinogreVolt said:

and given how hard they tried to fast track back to boost gameplay with Forces, the impression was that Sega pretty much wanted to forget about it too.

I'd believe that more if they didn't decide to bring back the Zavok and the Zedi back in future products 

Three potential outcomes to this:

1. It's not going to happen (this is the one I'm sticking with, currently)

2. They port the game the wrong way and call it Sonic Lost World Ultimate and it's got the same problems as Colors Ultimate

3. They port the game the right way with little to no new modifications beyond a FPS and resolution boost, maybe some Sonic reskins and I'm left wondering why the universe hates us so much that we had to get a good port of Lost World but a bad port of Colors

• Thumbs Up 2

Nah, this guy's 100% a "waddle dee knows" situation, where you create dozens or hundreds of private tweets for different possibilities, delete any that don't get confirmed, and then unprivate the account.

There's not any particular reason to port Lost World, it reviewed just okay and didn't do great in sales, and short of adding revamped 3DS stages it's not really got any major improvements for a port. It looked fine in 2013 and still looks fine now.

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Absolutely 1

Guess I should clarify that I don't fully trust this rumor, just wanted to share it because the account seemed interesting and people seem to trust it. I'm keeping to my word, though, that I'll update this thread as more things happen (IF things happen of course)

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, I’m more surprised that this never got a switch port over from the Wii U at the very least already.

If it does happen, then brilliant. The game is pretty excellent overall, and thematically it follows on from Colours with the use of Wisps. Considering the console it is locked on (bar PC) it deserves a larger console base release for others to find it (though the DLC certainly won’t see the light of day on non-Nintendo platforms).

Still, if Sega really are into preserving their older titles for rereleases, then I wouldn’t mind Unleashed or Generations getting the same treatment someday as well. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Virtually all of the accounts guesses could have been acquired from a retailer database.

6 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Guess I should clarify that I don't fully trust this rumor, just wanted to share it because the account seemed interesting and people seem to trust it. I'm keeping to my word, though, that I'll update this thread as more things happen (IF things happen of course)

People will trust anything. Doesn’t really prove the “leak” is true.

Regardless of the validity of this rumor, having SLW accessible to a bigger audience isn't necessarily a bad thing. Definitely not a great Sonic game but I still had some fun with it from time to time. Being locked on PC and the Wii U isn't great, so I don't have an issue with it being ported to consoles with a more stable "future-proof" digital catalog like Xbox. 

Just don't do anything to it. We don't need any upgrades. Just... just port the PC version of the game as is. You'll break it, Sonic Team. Don't break it. Colors could barely take the hit.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

You made me make a thoughtful post about Sonic Lost World

How could you 

Now the entire internet knows you have about two short paragraphs worth of thoughts on Sonic Lost World 9 years after its release.

Just now, Ratcicle King said:

Now the entire internet knows you have about two short paragraphs worth of thoughts on Sonic Lost World 9 years after its release.

I'll never live it down 

Yeah this seems like a dead end, so I'm gonna go ahead and close it out.

• Thumbs Up 2

• The topic was locked