Awoo.

What do you think the NEXT Sonic game will be like?

Razule

The next game will most definitely be a smaller game, either a mobile game, a sidescroller or some other kind of spinoff. Now, if we're talking mainline games, I really think it depends on the reception to Frontiers and how well it does commercially. If it's well received and sells gangbusters, I genuinely think we'll be looking at Adventure 3 as an actual option on the table.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, StellarBlur said:

The next game will most definitely be a smaller game, either a mobile game, a sidescroller or some other kind of spinoff. Now, if we're talking mainline games, I really think it depends on the reception to Frontiers and how well it does commercially. If it's well received and sells gangbusters, I genuinely think we'll be looking at Adventure 3 as an actual option on the table.

The question is, would it really be an Adventure 3 in this scenario if it's just more of the combat stuff in Frontiers?

1 hour ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

The question is, would it really be an Adventure 3 in this scenario if it's just more of the combat stuff in Frontiers?

My point is they'd use the name. I'm fairly certain Adventure 3 would entail multiple playable characters and chao garden along with a more involved story. As for what the gameplay would look like ? I wouldn't expect it to be rolling based.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:10 PM, StellarBlur said:

My point is they'd use the name. I'm fairly certain Adventure 3 would entail multiple playable characters and chao garden along with a more involved story. As for what the gameplay would look like ? I wouldn't expect it to be rolling based.

Sega doesn't really do numbered sequels anymore, so I don't feel like they'd use the name. And if they did, I don't think it'd be a good idea as that name includes expectations that Sega couldn't and/or wouldn't want to fulfill.