Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers: Overview Trailer

Sonictrainer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Frontiers Story Overview Trailer Revealed at some point.

Experience the Evolution of Sonic in Sonic Frontiers - Available for pre-order today! https://frontiers.sonicthehedgehog.com/

Welcome to the Starfall Islands, a playground of speed with diverse platforming challenges, fearsome mechanized enemies, and ancient secrets to uncover. In search of his captured friends, Sonic must accelerate to new heights, unlock Cyber Space portals, unleash newly upgraded abilities, and explore this untamed land on his path to solving the mysteries of the Starfall Islands.

• Thumbs Up 9

• This topic was featured, unfeatured and featured

I've had multiple people I know say they want the game now that they know what it is. This trailer was the right call, but they should have shown it on stream earlier this week so more people could see it. 

• Thumbs Up 4

It's frustrating that they only now just came out with this, but it'll help build hype all the same.  Looking forward to playing it when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks much better than the previous marketing material. It's strange that it keeps changing between 30 and 60fps, maybe they mixed footage from different versions of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's something minor, but I don't think anyone else has pointed it out.

xUtc6nm.png

This is the cityscape, at sunset, in 3D. We've seen the city area at sunset, but this is a different stage. So that's at least four stages in this set so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did take a closer look at the setting yes. And the more I looked into it the more and more it did feel like the city escape. Though... what about empire city, unleashed or speed highway from SA1? 

Still. Its almost a psychological thing they try to do. First badly advertise the game only to make the newer trailers look better by comparison. Still glad this gives a more propper look of what to expect.

Posted By: Megasis

“Omochao: Oh no! Sonic is trapped in cyberspace! Please help him escape by visiting the Sega Metaverse Shop using your Sega VR headset and purchasing Sonic Frontiers NFTs today!”

Or at least that’s where I could see things going if Sega’s “Super Game” team was in charge of development.

there really does seem to have been a successful attempt to bring in some of the style of Sonic 3K; which i think, personally anyway, didn't happen with Adventure 1 and 2 which attuned more into the style of Sonic 2 (which was and is very awesome, but it also meant that some of the moods and ideas of 3K have been left waiting for a bridge to 3D Sonic for a while!)

i think it's not just me seeing/feeling it, as they have been mentioning in interviews trying to create a unified experience.  Another way to say it is, if Sonic games stopped being created after 3K and this was the first game back, that is what it looks and feels like!!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the "style" of Sonic 2 or 3. The Adventure games don't feel like the classic games, nor even that much like each other.

On 9/2/2022 at 5:01 AM, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Here's something minor, but I don't think anyone else has pointed it out.

xUtc6nm.png

This is the cityscape, at sunset, in 3D. We've seen the city area at sunset, but this is a different stage. So that's at least four stages in this set so far.

This entire thing looks so boring visually. Just random bits of things flying over an empty void.