Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers: Ending Theme Revealed (Vandalize by ONE OK ROCK)

Graystripe2000
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Frontiers’ Ending Theme Revealed: “Vandalize” by One Ok Rock at some point.

When I saw the band name "ONE OK ROCK" I was like "That sounds like the name of a band they'd get for an anime opening". Turns out they're a Japanese band and the song is anime as hell.

PERFECT.

• Thumbs Up 6

The ending theme is a hilarious way to start the music rollout for this game, but y'know what? I don't even care a little bit, this sounds absolutely amazing. The lyrics also seem to be reflective of the game's themes of melancholy and moving past sadness, which is nice.

Sounds awesome! Bit weird that they're posting the ending theme, but eh. Marketing's already screwy beyond belief, so why not?

• Thumbs Up 1

Revealed today, we got our first full-length look at a Frontiers theme, featuring ONE OK Rock! Not only has an official teaser of the song been posted by SEGA, but the full thing has also been released by ONE OK ROCK themselves.

Listen to a sample of Sonic Frontiers' upcoming ending theme with ONE OK ROCK's song, "Vandalize"! SEGA has partnered with the popular Japanese rock band to deliver an astounding and fitting track to be paired with Sonic for his latest journey on the Starfall Islands. 

Interestingly, this does not seem to be the only vocal song, as unless I'm mistaken, this isn't the song that leaked with the Japanese TV spot a few weeks ago, which honestly gets me pretty excited. Not only does this song sound pretty good, but if SEGA have gone all out and gotten a few vocal collabs for the soundtrack, it could be really neat. Wonder if this means if we'll see a Crush 40 track or not as well.

• Thumbs Up 3

Japanese version, including actual F-bombs

This song is fantastic. I just can't believe the Japanese version actually included the lines "the fucking pain" and "you're fucking crazy", amongst others. 

Seriously, this song is absolutely brilliant. I don't know why SEGA chose to release case the ending theme of all things. My only guess would be that they knew just how fire it was, and how much it would be overlooked if you had to bear the game to hear it. It's marketing, I guess. This song is great and they had to get it out there. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It's a fine song on it it's own, but it doesn't feel like Sonic to me. Call me old-fashioned, but I just want Crush 40 back.

34 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Cowards, they're using a censored version of the song. Feels like we're going ShtH again.

Amazing isn't it. 

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

Damn.. this kinda hits. Definitely selling the 2000s vibes! I wonder if there's any story implications..

Sonic's gonna fuck his pain away and ruin that bed

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

30 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

If Sonic doesn't say fuck so much as once in the game itself I'm gonna be very sad

"Where is that ****ing 4th emerald?!"

Yes, I know that was Shadow. It was a joke, people...

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think this will likely be a 7-8/10 game but this song officially got me on the hype train. 2000s Shonen Sonic is back baby !

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

Sonic's gonna fuck his pain away and ruin that bed

Was expecting something like "kicks ass fast" in the uncensored version, not the straight up F-bomb, lol

• Thumbs Up 2

New news, new thread. Took the liberty of splitting this off to its own thread.

Song's pretty cool. Kinda takes me back to that brief period with Runblebee doing stuff for Secret Rings and Riders.

EDIT: oh lol there was a thread. I opened the mega thread because I only had a few minutes. Direct here then

• Thumbs Up 1

Never in a million years did I think I'd see ONE OK ROCK music appearing in a Sonic game... SEGA is going hard on capturing Japanese players for Frontiers.

This song wasn't exclusively made for Frontiers, SEGA simply got permission to use it in the game. Still, it's cool and crazy enough, and I'm still kinda reeling from this news because I've been listening to this band for ages now. And they're really popular in Japan, so it's easy to figure out why they're here.

• Thumbs Up 1