Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers' Ending Theme Revealed: "Vandalize" by One Ok Rock

Graystripe2000
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Frontiers’ Ending Theme Revealed: “Vandalize” by One Ok Rock at some point.

21 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Japanese version, including actual F-bombs

This song is fantastic. I just can't believe the Japanese version actually included the lines "the fucking pain" and "you're fucking crazy", amongst others. 

Seriously, this song is absolutely brilliant. I don't know why SEGA chose to release case the ending theme of all things. My only guess would be that they knew just how fire it was, and how much it would be overlooked if you had to bear the game to hear it. It's marketing, I guess. This song is great and they had to get it out there. 

Japan has a different relationship with swearing in kids shows than western countries.

Song slaps.

• Thumbs Up 1

The 2000s vibe in this song hits so strong dude!!! It really makes me feel happy about the series in a way that I didn't fell since 2009.

The song has a lovely melancholic sound to it, which fits an ending theme of the implied tone of this game. 

Very interesting, different from the usual vocal tracks, and I like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Come to think of it, out of all the Sonic songs in the series. This one kinda reminds of the feel of With Me from Black Knight. Or at the very least, Free from Free Riders.

Maybe it's due to it not being as...heavy(?) I guess, in comparison to some of Crush 40's work with Shadow, 2006 or even Black Knight's main theme. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

You know, after hearing that F word be used in the Japanese version of this song, I think it would be cool if Crush 40 did a music track in the future and used a curse word.

And by cool, I don't mean actually cool. I mean cool as in funny.

1 hour ago, MightyGems said:

You know, after hearing that F word be used in the Japanese version of this song, I think it would be cool if Crush 40 did a music track in the future and used a curse word.

And by cool, I don't mean actually cool. I mean cool as in funny.

Personally, I am not a fan of the F word. Partly because even though I am well old enough when I hear something like that, I feel like my parents are going to come in the room just at that point. I still will not play music with bad words without headphones if my parents are in the house.

Just now, Sonicstitch said:

Personally, I am not a fan of the F word. Partly because even though I am well old enough when I hear something like that, I feel like my parents are going to come in the room just at that point. I still will not play music with bad words without headphones if my parents are in the house.

I was just saying. I personally think it should NOT happen, but the thought of Crush 40 using a curse word in a song was somehow funny to me. That is all.

32 minutes ago, MightyGems said:

I was just saying. I personally think it should NOT happen, but the thought of Crush 40 using a curse word in a song was somehow funny to me. That is all.

OK, I get it. That F word in the new song surprised me.
But I just hope some pore kid looking for the new Sonic song
does not get the Japanese version by mistake, have their parents  
here it and have Sonic band from their house.

I think Shadow saying  damn may have done that for some kids.

Not saying Sonic is a kids game, but Sonic needs to be kid safe.

Or rather, parent safe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sonicstitch said:

OK, I get it. That F word in the new song surprised me.
But I just hope some pore kid looking for the new Sonic song
does not get the Japanese version by mistake, have their parents  
here it and have Sonic band from their house.

I think Shadow saying  damn may have done that for some kids.

Not saying Sonic is a kids game, but Sonic needs to be kid safe.

Or rather, parent safe.

Band? Banned you mean?

I am not entirely sure if something this would lead to Sonic being banned from houses (though I am leaning towards the likely side), but I do see what you mean. Granted, it seems there are not that many parents who check on their kids on what they play nowadays. I could be wrong, but even if I were right, I do know that is hardly any excuse. But yeah, if I were a parent, I would not allow my kids to listen to such cursing personally.

Though I should probably note that on this site, cursing is allowed, so it is probably not going to bother many here, if that means anything.

32 minutes ago, MightyGems said:

Band? Banned you mean?

I am not entirely sure if something this would lead to Sonic being banned from houses (though I am leaning towards the likely side), but I do see what you mean. Granted, it seems there are not that many parents who check on their kids on what they play nowadays. I could be wrong, but even if I were right, I do know that is hardly any excuse. But yeah, if I were a parent, I would not allow my kids to listen to such cursing personally.

Though I should probably note that on this site, cursing is allowed, so it is probably not going to bother many here, if that means anything.

Ya, I meant banned.  Spell checker gave me the wrong one again.

And yes, lots of parents now don't check on their kids.
But religious parents check a lot. And Sonic is one of the few games religious parents
might buy that's not one of those terrible religious games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been joking about how SEGA should get songs from Japanese, high profile J-Rock bands that can sing in English to capture that JP audience more while not alienating the international audience. At the time, one group that could produce fitting songs that I would give as an example was MAN WITH A MISSION, but even them I feel they would be way too pricy for SEGA's Sonic budget. Now imagine my reaction when they announced a ONE OK ROCK tie-up. 

What? That's one level over what I suggested; This is huge!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2022 at 11:35 PM, Blue Blood said:

Japanese version, including actual F-bombs

This song is fantastic. I just can't believe the Japanese version actually included the lines "the fucking pain" and "you're fucking crazy", amongst others. 

Seriously, this song is absolutely brilliant. I don't know why SEGA chose to release case the ending theme of all things. My only guess would be that they knew just how fire it was, and how much it would be overlooked if you had to bear the game to hear it. It's marketing, I guess. This song is great and they had to get it out there. 

Ayy bruh

I just realised the Japanese uncensored version has the chorus singing about hate-sex.

Fuck the pain away, my bed is in ruins

Need you in my veins, don't know how you do it

Which is fucking funny, not gonna lie.

• Chuckle 1

17 minutes ago, Scar said:

Ayy bruh

I just realised the Japanese uncensored version has the chorus singing about hate-sex.

Which is fucking funny, not gonna lie.

Yeah the song seems to be about a toxic relationship, the original makes it even more obvious.

Posted By: Greatsong1

Sega just shared the main theme “I’m Here”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyCYA4iC_Wo

Sounds good but it feels more like something for a epic, melodramatic anime then a Sonic game. Given that Frontiers’ tone is supposed to give off the vibes of just that (going by Sega and Sonic Team’s words) I guess its fitting.