Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers: Main Theme Revealed (I'm Here - Feat. Merry Kirk-Holmes (To Octavia))

Ryannumber1gamer

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Ryannumber1gamer was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 10 points.

Just revealed by the official channels, we've got the game's main theme - I'm Here! Looks like we're seeing a similar style to the ending theme that was revealed a few days ago. 

Wonder if this and Vandalise is the only vocal themes we'll see, or if there'll be more. It'd be neat if there was a few vocal boss themes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Sonic Frontiers: Main Theme Revealed (I'm Here - Feat. Merry Kirk-Holmes (To Octavia))
4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Wonder if this and Vandalise is the only vocal themes we'll see, or if there'll be more. It'd be neat if there was a few vocal boss themes

Someone said Sky Sanctuary, of all levels, had vocals.

But hey, the main theme isn't by NateWantsToBattle I guess? But it's good! This one was most definitely made FOR the game, the lyrics feel right at home.

It's decent. I give it a thumbs up. But it's not an instant favourite. There are too many breaks to silence, and it's such heavy rock. And it's up against pretty strong competition next to Vandalise. Not my favourite, still pretty good though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Jango said:

Someone said Sky Sanctuary, of all levels, had vocals.

But hey, the main theme isn't by NateWantsToBattle I guess? But it's good! This one was most definitely made FOR the game, the lyrics feel right at home.

When I heard Frontiers dropped in the song I clapped like a school kid, that’s the kinda corniness I want in my games, back to the halcyon SONIC HEROOOOOES days 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

The lyrics are certainly more relevant to the game, though. Not much plot details besides "Sonic faces great challenge" and "his friends' fates is in his hands."

"Listen close, can you hear the spirits sing, lost messages of long ago" seems interesting. Definitely related to the Ancients. 

It's like every anime opening. You don't love it at first. But give it at least 3 more listens.

I love this shit now.

I'M HEEEERE. REACHING FAR ACROSS

THESE

NEW

FRON-TIERS.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jango said:

It's like every anime opening. You don't love it at first. But give it at least 3 more listens.

I love this shit now.

I'M HEEEERE. REACHING FAR ACROSS

THESE

NEW

FRON-TIERS.

When the song lyrics have the title of the game in it:

31f.gif

• Way Past Cool 1

The chorus is a little too "shouting the lyrics" for me but it's a fitting song for the game and I'm loving that the 2000s era vibes aren't exclusive to Vandalize.

Definitely prefer vandalize much more but we're 2 for 2 on solid music tracks for the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Much prefer this to vandalize. It's got that angsty anime vibe of the dark era of Sonic which I'm weirdly nostalgic for.

Just realize there’s a full-on teleportation combo going on at 0:42 there.

Skill tree expands past just 15 slots confirmed? I don’t remember any move from the tree having that description. Edit: Nvm it was

Really like what their going for with this one! Didn't think what we heard in the Direct trailer was the main theme, but here we are!

I know the "horizons" line isn't meant to reference Horizon or anything like that. But that's the 1st thing that came to mind when hearing that part. Not gonna lie.

5 minutes ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

Gonna quote this post for my full thoughts on this tweet's hint at the direction, but between Fist Bump and this I don't think the "combining of different emotions" really works in favor of these themes, with how quickly they shift gears. HOPEFULLY it's paired up with a full CGI opening to give it weight that a typical anime opening usually does, as those themes juggle different emotions in their favor rather well in comparison. On top of that, if there is a full version that is separate from the intro, hopefully it leads into it's different phases more naturally with extended sections, again, like some anime OP songs have done before. Here's hoping.

21 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Just realize there’s a full-on teleportation combo going on at 0:42 there.

Skill tree expands past just 15 slots confirmed? I don’t remember any move from the tree having that description.

It looks like a variation of a finisher/combo we've seen before. We've seen something similar with the wind kick move too in a recent trailer, where he's firing off the attack like a Kamehama and can strife.

Either there are 2 or 3 variations to each special move with slight differences between them, or the animation changes a bit between uses to keep things fresh. Either way its fire.

Just now, Sega DogTagz said:

It looks like a variation of a finisher/combo we've seen before. We've seen something similar with the wind kick move too in a recent trailer, where he's firing off the attack like a Kamehama and can strife.

Either there are 2 or 3 variations to each special move with slight differences between them, or the animation changes a bit between uses to keep things fresh. Either way its fire.

Yeah it was already seen before, was too late to edit lol

Fa8ZqkYXgAAAl_5?format=jpg&name=900x900

This accounts for the punching combo but not the energy blasts I suppose

• Nice Smile 1

Leave behind the adventure games and boost games and see the open zone worth fiiiiighting for! 

Is there a specific genre this type of music and the ending theme would be classified as? Because I don't think I'm very fond of it. I always just called it Anime-music, but I know that's very disingenuous, so I'd appreciate a correction.

But ya, neither this nor the ending theme are doing it for me, although it might be like @Jangosaid, maybe I just need to listen to it more.

I can say that, even if it makes little sense based on what I said earlier, that I like the vibes of these tracks much more than what we've been getting post Generations.