Awoo.

Dreadknux's Diaries: The False Move

Dreadknux
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Dreadknux's Diaries: The False Move at some point.

Greed had a part to play in this one. For the 'new' look, I needed a server that was bigger than Angelfire's 50MB. This was where I started to get greedy, and set off to look for servers that had unlimited web space, but without the annoying ad banners. Pop Ups would be OK though. I found many solutions, but they would not offer space for MP3 files which cheesed me off big time.

Then I found it - the biggest mistake of my life.

I discovered what seemed to be the best server ever - STAS.net (a crappy service that has long since died off now) had unlimited web space without banner ads, apparently. Great, I thought. I signed up and the first problem hit me: it had on-site FTP access only. Fine, I thought, a small price to pay. I got the site up after hours and bloody hours of needless uploading through the site, and the 'new look Stadium' was eventually unveiled.

tsslayout-2001-02.gif

This was the layout for every single page, and it took an absolute age to load, no thanks in part to STAS.net's crappy servers. But, at least I had a live site, and at least made a report on the Sonic Amateur Games Expo, which started in January... Ah well, I had it covered. But, then it suddenly dawned on me that 2001 is my GCSE (final grade in secondary school) year. I didn't think I had the time to revise and sort out my website. I had to take action. I hated my site after a couple of months anyway, and I hated STAS.net...

View full story

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dreadknux

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic