Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers - TGS Trailer

Kuzu

Ah, so you get the last Chaos Emerald when you fight the titan, that's why can't just go Super Sonic in the normal gameplay as soon as you have them all.

That looks great! Assuming there's many Titans across many of these islands... seems like you can go Super Sonic a number of times? Or maybe you run through each of the Starfall Islands once, complete a good portion of the story and then have to return to these areas to Super Sonic these guys away as final bosses...

Interesting!

• Thumbs Up 1

The game's looking very nice visually. I'm hoping the PS5 and Series X versions will have some increased foilage density etc to push it even further.

I think after the last few weeks we're now at the point where I don't think we need to see more of the game shown off. Don't need any more spoilers.

I expect Super Sonic will be a proper unlockable post game but I'd love a new game plus of some sort too. That's something I don't think they spoken about or been asked about yet.

4 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

I wonder since Super is a normal part of gameplay now, will we get an upgraded form for endgame

I can see the Hyper Sonic fans crawling out of the woodwork for this one, hah. Maybe it'll be something new, if anything. May be the first non-Super transformation in a mainline game since the Werehog.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great trailer, but brief enough to keep the secrets I want them to keep. I really like how platforming elements are incorporated for the REALLY big bosses, and how some Chaos Emeralds aren't just up for grabs. That gives enough of a shake-up to the core gameplay while also not completely spoiling everything.

Although, I wish they didn't reveal that the last emerald was on the titan that knocked Sonic out, would have been a big "oh shit" moment for the player I feel.

• Thumbs Up 1

There it is, the flying super sonic in the overworld. The animation for him transforming seems kind of underwhelming, but that's just a nitpick.

This'll be good.

• Thumbs Up 2

I noticed a Soldier enemy in Ares that can dig into the ground and make a ring of spikes. I am genuinely and positively surprised that there is so much enemy variety. 

I also like how you don't immediately fight the titan as Super Sonic and you have to get on its head to get the last Emerald before the proper Super Sonic boss.

That Emerald also seems to have been stolen from Sonic in Ares. 

17 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

I can see the Hyper Sonic fans crawling out of the woodwork for this one, hah. Maybe it'll be something new, if anything. May be the first non-Super transformation in a mainline game since the Werehog.

Need more DbZ references man

Posted By: Greatsong1

Nice, I hope they done away with the 3D games’ tradition of saving Super for final bosses, its about time if you ask me.

Random tidbit: in the Japanese trailer with sound effects, when Sonic is homing attacking those little drones, it plays the same sound effect when you hit the bosses in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz.

Posted By: SonicScott91

Great that Super Sonic is back again!

I do find it odd however, that he is featured in a trailer for the game. They don’t usually include Super Sonic, think the only exception is Sonic Unleashed if I recall correctly.

If Super Sonic is part of the main gameplay loop, what will the final battle be? Will Sonic get a new form? Will Hyper Sonic finally make a return? Can’t wait to find out!

image.thumb.png.5a8ede2bdc869ab2481a37acd28c34b1.png

What is going on here?

I assume we're seeing Island 3/5 at the start, but this looks like something else entirely. Most interesting part of the trailer for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

What is going on here?

I assume we're seeing Island 3/5 at the start, but this looks like something else entirely. Most interesting part of the trailer for me.

Fast travel?

26 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

What is going on here?

Maybe that’s how you travel between islands?

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

What is going on here?

king-shark-suicide-squad.gif

Could be fast travel or part of a challenge or fight. Very interested. I can't wait to learn more.

48 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

What is going on here?

I think it is fast travel. But I'm really liking the way this is looking.

It's kinda amazing how, no matter how good a trailer looks, my opinion on the game literally doesn't change. I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative, but dammit nothing I've seen relating to the gameplay seems engaging for me, not even Super Sonic seems cool.

Am I the bad guy here? Am I just someone who doesn't get it? I feel alone.

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

It's kinda amazing how, no matter how good a trailer looks, my opinion on the game literally doesn't change. I'm not trying to be negative for the sake of being negative, but dammit nothing I've seen relating to the gameplay seems engaging for me, not even Super Sonic seems cool.

You're not the bad guy here. I guess you have different opinions and takes on what's engaging or not.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Bad guy? No. Someone who doesn't get it? Definitely.

Alone? Never. There will always be someone else who thinks the same as you somewhere. Especially on this site. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

It all feels the same. Every clip feels like it blends in, and if the game's as long as the team has said it is, then I fear it'll get boring really quickly.

Frontiers, to me, feels like a game that's being carried by high expectations caused by the positive reception of the gamescom demo and other things like the story. I'm not at all hoping it fails, that's ridiculous to want happen, but I genuinely think that there's a chance of it not sticking the landing.

• Nice Smile 1

12 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

It all feels the same. Every clip feels like it blends in, and if the game's as long as the team has said it is, then I fear it'll get boring really quickly.

Frontiers, to me, feels like a game that's being carried by high expectations caused by the positive reception of the gamescom demo and other things like the story. I'm not at all hoping it fails, that's ridiculous to want happen, but I genuinely think that there's a chance of it not sticking the landing.

I'll be honest, I really don't see any of what you're saying and it sounds really silly and weird to me.

But hey, that's okay. I do get why you possibly feel that way. And maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. I'm liking everything I see of this game, so I'll gladly find out for you and let you know how it goes when it comes out. I haven't been legitimately this excited and also calm and comfortable waiting for a Sonic game to come out in over a decade. It's seemingly got almost everything I've wanted and I'm going into this with a completely open mind and ready to judge it for what it is on it's own merits, so you'll definitely be hearing from me strongly if it disappoints.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1