Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers - TGS Trailer

Kuzu

4 minutes ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

I'll be honest, I really don't see any of what you're saying and it sounds really silly and weird to me.

But hey, that's okay. I do get why you possibly feel that way. And maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. I'm liking everything I see of this game, so I'll gladly find out for you and let you know how it goes when it comes out. I haven't been legitimately this excited and also calm and comfortable waiting for a Sonic game to come out in over a decade. It's seemingly got almost everything I've wanted and I'm going into this with a completely open mind and ready to judge it for what it is on it's own merits, so you'll definitely be hearing from me strongly if it disappoints.

I appreciate the understanding. To be honest I'm also wanting to give it a chance, even though I'm voicing my disappointment. Hoping to be proven wrong when I get around to playing it. Hope you're able to have a good time too :)

I'll absolutely say that this is definitely the most interesting looking Sonic game in years, mainly due to art direction, story, and overall vibes. It's a refreshing change to see a Sonic game be like this after a decade of simple stories. Not that there's anything wrong with simple stories, it's just nice to get one full of mystery every so often.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I'll absolutely say that this is definitely the most interesting looking Sonic game in years, mainly due to art direction, story, and overall vibes. It's a refreshing change to see a Sonic game be like this after a decade of simple stories. Not that there's anything wrong with simple stories, it's just nice to get one full of mystery every so often.

I've never been this excited before. I agree, seeing a new take for a Sonic game is very interesting. Though the outcomes can be either positive or negative. I like the style of the game and so far it looks good. One thing I can be sure of is that I'll be dying so much in this game.

Going back to the trailer itself - I usually don't like being more negative about things and, for all intents and purposes, I'm still more excited for the game than I was back in June (which I put more into just IGN First being an overall really poor showcase), but some things kinda annoyed me in cutscenes specifically:

- I don't know what it is, maybe it's motion blur, maybe bad video encoding, maybe it's the Switch version of cutscenes somehow, but graphically they look kinda worse than the gameplay portions of the game, and I dunno, in other games it's usually the other way around. Granted, the video is in 1080p, so youtube definitely destroys the video quality, it's just something I'm starting to notice.

- I sincerely hope they add a camera shake and some bass-boosted sound effects to Super Sonic's transformation. JP version of the trailer actually has all in-game sound effects play and when Sonic transforms into Super, it feels...really flat. You're transforming into one of the most powerful forms in the series and it somehow feels boring.

- Sonic Team for the love of god, Chaos, Biolizard, Gaia and Deadly Six, please make those cutscenes run at 60 FPS I beg you, stop locking them to 30. It's not a cartoon or a hand-drawn anime, the 3D games scale the animations pretty well to framerates nowadays. Hell, KH3, the game that had 30fps cutscenes on all consoles and are very dynamic and animatic, on PC still has better-looking cutscenes because they run at 60fps.

Other than that it looked solid enough, excited to go through it and maybe hopefully experience the kino Sonic Team's been cooking.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Nazo the Hedgehog said:

One thing I can be sure of is that I'll be dying so much in this game.

If there is actually one critique I have--and surprisingly haven't heard a lot of--is that Frontiers seems easy n that you don't really have opportunities to die.

Especially in combat where you lose 40 rings when you get hit, but you can get rings by Cylooping and increasing Sonic's defense probably makes him lose fewer rings. The only time I've seen a player die in combat is when one was pushed off the stage by the Asura boss.

One clever idea Sonic '06 of all games had is an enemy whose guns don't stun Sonic, but they take off a ring for every bullet, like a damage over time effect. That would be perfect for this game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

If there is actually one critique I have--and surprisingly haven't heard a lot of--is that Frontiers seems easy n that you don't really have opportunities to die.

Especially in combat where you lose 40 rings when you get hit, but you can get rings by Cylooping and increasing Sonic's defense probably makes him lose fewer rings. The only time I've seen a player die in combat is when one was pushed off the stage by the Asura boss.

Well that's a relief.

Posted By: Swagpilled

On 9/14/2022 at 3:00 PM, Greatsong1 said:

Nice, I hope they done away with the 3D games’ tradition of saving Super for final bosses, its about time if you ask me.

Super Sonic hasn't been final boss exclusive for over a decade dude

I do feel like that transformation needed a bit more "oomph" so to speak. I do think the game is overall improved in showing from its initial reveal, but still not where I feel like Sonic should aiming for.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do agree. When he transformed on beat with "FIght away the PAIN!", there should have been a more explosive aura and screenshake there. Make it feel really powerful and really capture that perfect AMV moment. Something like when Sonic goes Super in Sonic Heroes would work.

• Thumbs Up 2

The cuffs of his right glove are clipping his fingers, and the arm crossing looks as awkward as ever, but not much they could do about the giant hands.

Yea if nothing else, they could’ve just reused Generations’ SS cutscene transformation effects and it would’ve been effective there. Solid trailer tho. It probably would’ve been more hype if that Titan sequence wasn’t leaked. 

One thing that did intrigue me was when Sonic was getting his emerald stolen. It was running in 60fps where as every other cutscene is locked at 30. Considering if it’s not just a sequence that happens before an actual cutscene, It makes me wonder if you can somehow avoid having that happen since it implies being gameplay oriented? It’s interesting how you get your purple emerald stolen in Ares and then you seemingly have to get it back from the Titan in Kronos, too. Im glad that at least implies the story isn’t just going A > B > C on a story front for these islands. 

Posted By: Titan Name

On 9/14/2022 at 3:00 PM, Greatsong1 said:

Nice, I hope they done away with the 3D games’ tradition of saving Super for final bosses, its about time if you ask me.

Ummm…what do you mean? It hasn’t been a thing for over ten years after Sonic Generations.

Frontiers continues to pleasantly surprise.

We've come a long way from the first reveals which left me not feeling much of anything. It could end up being a spectacular failure but I would take another Sonic 06 over another Sonic Forces. I really appreciate the ambition with the project.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 9/14/2022 at 10:44 AM, Shaddy Zaphod said:

image.thumb.png.5a8ede2bdc869ab2481a37acd28c34b1.png

What is going on here?

I assume we're seeing Island 3/5 at the start, but this looks like something else entirely. Most interesting part of the trailer for me.

Honestly reminds me of the controllable SunWing from Horizon Forbidden West. But I'd hope that's not the case, 'cause that'll kinda defeat the purpose of running around freely. Like why run when you can fly? Know what I mean?

I'd be okay if it was for one island, or traveling between islands tho.

As for Super Sonic (which has been the best part about the games marketing so far), I'm kinda curious how that's going to work. Because the whole point of the CyberSpace stages are to gain keys, to get the emeralds. Which I assume is the same rule for every island. I get that part. But if this is the 1st island, then it's assumed Super Sonic will be used more often in this games story. I have to wonder if Sonic is just gonna continually lose the emeralds after every titan, and have to re-collect them.

If it's the case, it would keep players from posibly skipping certain sections that are meant to be played normally. I'd have to see more to know how to feel about that. But I will say this, most of the stuff we've seen so far, including Super Sonic going up against the titans. Does line up with that leak we got a while back, with the exception of the number of islands being 5 instead of 4.

FGW2WpgXsAcNjWm.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I think i'm going to like this game, as i've always liked combat in Sonic games. (Heroes, Chronicles, Unleashed and 06)

That first trailer had me worried, however the recent trailers have been good and i'm actually getting excited. I can see it's not going to be just a simple game like Forces was, there's going to be Big content in here. (Pun intended)

• Thumbs Up 4

53 minutes ago, Blueknight V2.0 said:

Wasn't sure where to put these, but new screenshots!

Is it just me or are these designs looking like something from Neon Genesis Evangelion?

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Is it just me or are these designs looking like something from Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Yes, that is 100% intentional. This shot is an homage to a famous scene from Eva:image.thumb.png.d31d5835cdb7e967d5d31809d8c5232d.png

• Thumbs Up 5

Okay, I know my PlayStation games. And if this isn't a Shadow of the Colossus homage, then I don't know what is.

6 hours ago, Austroid said:

If this shot doesn't get meme-ified, I'll be very disappointed in this community. 😉

bluecheeksspeedby.PNG.deebb7e7eb2267c382c6dc438f2dcbdf.PNG

Satisfied?😅

2 hours ago, Austroid said:

That's great! But I was talking more about Sonic's noticeable... glutes. 

What has been seen cannot be unseen

giphy.gif

• Chuckle 2

Posted By: BenVSA

Everyone slowly turning to the “leaker” of the focus test with shock and awe in their eyes.