Awoo.

IDW Sonic #53

caitash

I want Kit to turn good. He deserves happiness. He deserves to be his own person, and be valued for who he is. Kid's a nervous wreck. I just want my boy to be happy. 😭20220929_144557.jpg.e2ffe573ff029651e5a4747d754ff1ee.jpg

1 hour ago, Kuzu said:

I am honestly kind of shocked how much I ended liking Kit, and for all of the reasons you described. His situation is just....sad man. He's so mentally broken that he can't even comprehend being his own person and violently lashes out when someone gets in the way of that. Surge at least focuses all of her instability towards fighting Sonic, but Kit doesn't even that as a luxury. 

I don't even want him to turn good at this point, I just kind of want him to be put down. His existence is suffering...

To me, it's more heartrending that in his existence of suffering... he finds moments of relative happiness when the suffering isn't so bad. Wearing those uneasy smiles. Do I want him to turn good with sunshine and rainbows? I'd like him to be strictly neutral or at least anti-hero level if Surge gets her stuff together and finds a way to resolve that hate-boner she got preprogrammed for Sonic.

Kit will probably never overcome his programming unless Tails finds a way to tinker with that, the fox is a genius after all. In a much brighter light, a Fennec like him will probably make a kick-ass firefighter, but I get the feeling he'll never shake the subservient behavior he exhibits.

Best case scenario he'll get less attached mentally to Surge, but still be a hollow, broken mess.

If Kit does reform and gets happy ending, there is like 80% chance his story is over and he should leave the comic.

I mean, being broken and miserable is what makes him interesting.

8 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Mercy kill? In my Sonic?

Edgy Hedgy should be all over that lol.

Sonic can do it. He did it to Emerl after all.

6 hours ago, Duelistic Nature said:

To me, it's more heartrending that in his existence of suffering... he finds moments of relative happiness when the suffering isn't so bad. Wearing those uneasy smiles. Do I want him to turn good with sunshine and rainbows? I'd like him to be strictly neutral or at least anti-hero level if Surge gets her stuff together and finds a way to resolve that hate-boner she got preprogrammed for Sonic.

Kit will probably never overcome his programming unless Tails finds a way to tinker with that, the fox is a genius after all. In a much brighter light, a Fennec like him will probably make a kick-ass firefighter, but I get the feeling he'll never shake the subservient behavior he exhibits.

Best case scenario he'll get less attached mentally to Surge, but still be a hollow, broken mess.

Being an anti-hero means having some type of heroic traits ya know. As much shit as people give Shadow for his attitude, nobody really denies that he's a hero because he still goes out of his way to help others, even if begrudgingly at times.

Kit's morality is entirely dependent on who he decides to follow as he has no sense of identity otherwise.

Its not even a case of being a hero or villain, but what's humane for him.  I'd rather not see him constantly struggle with his mental instability.

Surge is fun to watch at least even if she's just as unstable, but Kit just makes me wanna take him far away from all of this and tell him its OK.

7 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

If Kit does reform and gets happy ending, there is like 80% chance his story is over and he should leave the comic.

I mean, being broken and miserable is what makes him interesting.

As absolutely messed up as that sounds, you're probably right though.

7 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Being an anti-hero means having some type of heroic traits ya know. As much shit as people give Shadow for his attitude, nobody really denies that he's a hero because he still goes out of his way to help others, even if begrudgingly at times.

Kit has traits/skills that can be turned into heroic ones easily, but you're correct it wouldn't be anti-hero material like Shadow has. Shadow is mainly an anti-hero because the actions he does for his own goals tend to have the side effect of helping the good guys.

Not even just that, Shadow is 100% a force of good. He just happens to be a huge dickwad about it, but he does help people with no real tangible benefit to himself.

Kit could easily be more heroic, I'm just pointing out that he simply isn't right now. 

• Thumbs Up 1