Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW: Scrapnik Island #3: Cover & Info Reveal

Sonictrainer

52360353627_832a5a74c3_c.jpg52361536463_8b3f386f66_c.jpg

The call is coming from within the Death Egg... Sonic is in big trouble and Tails must rush in to save him from Mecha Sonic who is toying with his head...LITERALLY!

• Scheduled Release Date: December 2022

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

So uh. Is that a Hard-boiled Heavy on the left there? What is that doing in Modern Sonic?

I mean, the Heavies would have been around in the past, where Mania takes place. So they'd still be around in some form today.

Good to see that "other dimension" was simply the "dimension" of time, rather than an alternate universe. Now Mania/Forces is consistent with Generations and all is well. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

So uh. Is that a Hard-boiled Heavy on the left there? What is that doing in Modern Sonic?

It's just a pair of regular Egg Robos (well, what's left of them at least) judging by their chests.

• Confused 1

yep, that's just your regular run-of-the-mill EggRobos

look at this pic and compare

spacer.png

Edit : Also remember, the story takes place around and inside the wrecks of a Death Egg, and it has Mecha Sonic from 3. Which was fought in Sky Sanctuary, a level that I am sure you all remember had lots and lots of these guys

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Confused 1

The one on the right isn't a regular Egg robo though, right? Head is shaped differently, plus different body design. Who is that? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Mechano said:

I mean, the Heavies would have been around in the past, where Mania takes place. So they'd still be around in some form today.

Good to see that "other dimension" was simply the "dimension" of time, rather than an alternate universe. Now Mania/Forces is consistent with Generations and all is well. 

What? When the hell did that happen!? We had like twenty pages of discussion when two worlds died and you're just gonna drop this on me like it's common knowledge?

11 minutes ago, Dr. Mechano said:

The one on the right isn't a regular Egg robo though, right? Head is shaped differently, plus different body design. Who is that? 

Sigma, it's one robot of the E-Series like Gamma and Omega, he has been shown before, he's even on some of the previous covers 

"The call is coming from within the Death Egg... Sonic is in big trouble and Tails must rush in to save him from Mecha Sonic who is toying with his head...LITERALLY!"

Does... Does Sonic get DECAPITATED at the end of #2?

• Chuckle 1

1 hour ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

What? When the hell did that happen!? We had like twenty pages of discussion when two worlds died and you're just gonna drop this on me like it's common knowledge?

Ian Flynn said at some point or another that the classic games (including Mania) are officially considered to be in the past, not another universe.

So it's as it should be, even if the Heavies aren't here after all.

• Nice Smile 1

6 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

It's been something of a while now, since Ian Flynn more or less confirmed that the Dimensions thing is dead in the water, but here we have the actual confirmation.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yaassssss it’s the boi! Look at that little champ off to prove himself yet again. We eating good for the rest of the year with all these extra comics coming out 👍

• Nice Smile 1

Is this thread really gonna be derailed over this lol

guys, it's just egg robos

egg robos exist

are we seriously going to from now on always point at egg robos and go "is this a hard boiled heavy" come on

EDIT: also yes, to the right is Sigma, who's been shown before

now I don't expect everyone to have to be up to date on all solicits etc but I will admit it's a bit weird to see someone jump onto the thread for solicits and covers of Issue 3 with apparently no context of solicits and covers of issues 1 and 2

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Mauro Fonseca said:

Is this thread really gonna be derailed over this lol

guys, it's just egg robos

egg robos exist

are we seriously going to from now on always point at egg robos and go "is this a hard boiled heavy" come on

Perhaps the fact that this one looks different was relevant somehow, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up.

image.png.005af36efbc198535971045e4e6b53c8.png

You can pretty clearly see that the one on the left has the usual Eggrobo head design, but the one on the right has an upper layer above his eyes, a trait that Heavy Gunner, Shinobi and Rider all share. It also has what I think is a bandanna tied around its head, which gives off an effect similar to Rider's...whatever that thing is.

image.png.bcb38e0cf5b9bf93188287b26e4f392e.png

It may not literally be the same, but it looks similar enough that I felt it was worth pointing out. I'm not sure that condescending to people for daring to see things on a comic book cover is really your best course of action here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry if that seemed particularly snarky, just

Bewildered that over one misreading of a cover, the rest of the discussion then instead becomes about "oh here's what the bumblekast said about canon" etc and whatever

When like, no, it's just an Egg Robo with a bandanna

• Thumbs Up 6

4 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

You can pretty clearly see that the one on the left has the usual Eggrobo head design, but the one on the right has an upper layer above his eyes, a trait that Heavy Gunner, Shinobi and Rider all share. It also has what I think is a bandanna tied around its head, which gives off an effect similar to Rider's...whatever that thing is.

I second what Mauro said, because while I do understand that people want classic to just be "the past" again, we have known that Scrapnik Island will be all about Frankensteined badniks and robot who were forgotten by Eggman, and that is clearly just an Egg Robo with a bandana / bandages over its head.

Because the robots there aren't in the best shape.

Btw, Rider's "thing" on his head is just a helmet, because he (was it she, I remember Magician being a she and someone else) rides. 

I also want to point out that Flynn's exact words in the podcast were "I THINK classic is the past now BUT" 

Not exactly conclusive. Sometimes he misinterprets what Sega has told him due to the long and complex back and forth telephone game. 

We'll see. 

I won't speak about the subject any further because we are seriously getting off topic here 

I know what a helmet is, I was talking about the plume coming off of it, just unsure whether that's the same term when it's literally a metal piece of the helmet itself.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, SanPolo4389 said:

Another cover for part 3. 

Oh my...what is Mecha Sonic going to do to Sonic?  Also, how many issues does this mini series have?

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Also, how many issues does this mini series have?

It's a 4 issue miniseries.