Awoo.

Here is a teaser trailer for Sonic Prime

Shiny Gems
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Prime Gets an Extended Teaser and Winter 2022 Release Window at some point.

The environments are pretty bland looking as far as CGI shows go, but man does this animation really go hard. This is easily some of the best CGI (non-movie) Sonic has looked since Night of the Werehog as far as just expressiveness and body language. 

• Thumbs Up 8

Thats actually significantly more toon-ish than I thought I'd look from our first few peeks at it.  But thats not a bad thing. It got its own style and flavor to it that will allow it to stand out from all the other Sonic media out there.

I'm down. Sounds good, looks good. Thats all I can ask for at this point.

• Thumbs Up 7

Some very nice character animation, love the new take on the spin attack in 3D here.  Still feels like the environments are a bit lacking in life somehow, like these are the only characters that exist in a giant static Gmod map or whatever, but not entirely fair to judge that sort of thing on a limited number of trailer shots so it's all good.   Still love that they've gone for this dusk Green Hill Zone rather than perpetual daytime one would expect.

• Thumbs Up 4

Awesome! It looks really cool. The animation, the background...everything. I have a good feeling about this show, so I can't wait for it to be released. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't love the way Prime looks, but man, the difference in how Sonic is animated in the show and how he's animated in the CG scenes in the games is night and day. Modern Sonic is visually appealing to me for the first time in a long while.

• Thumbs Up 7

More of a better look at it, which is really nice. Seems more interesting with how it's animated, really bouncy.

But I hate how this looks. This just does not look right at all.

image.png.cefa7017e7ec7677580de90961414f6f.png

• Chuckle 3

3 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

More of a better look at it, which is really nice. Seems more interesting with how it's animated, really bouncy.

Makes me think Sonic is Rayman with arms but no legs; just blurred feet. Still, I can see what you mean.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

I hear what you're saying. That does looks pretty weird since the body and legs don't look connected.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

A lot of that is just inexperience with the character.

The Figure 8 (and wheel-o-feet for that matter) are designed to look appealing from the side. If you want to get a better result from the front, you have to tweak some things. Most importantly you either need to drop Sonic's entire body down, or raise the feet band up higher so that there is significant overlap covering up the mesh point. Once you take care of that, you just make the red band thicker on the horizontal plane and the rest really takes care of itself. 

SU_35_Super_Peel_Out.thumb.webp.ba5a8d7258c91e535eee36317e2d48c0.webp

• Thumbs Up 2

Find it funny how we haven't see any sign of Sonic's primary supporting cast; Sonic, Shadow, Big, and Eggman so far, but no sign of Tails, Amy or Knuckles. 

• Thumbs Up 5

36 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

I feel like the most minor fix they could make to something like this is making the peel-out bigger? Just so it doesn't look like he's a ghost over what's supposed to be his legs in motion. It's a bit thin too.

For people talking about the scenario, I also feel Sonic Boom wasn't much different either, I always found the scenario on that cartoon very bland, doesn't seem Prime is going different either.

Also agree that Modern Peel Out looks weird. Really weird.

At this point, I don't even know if Big is there solely for the purpose of memes or if he's really going to take a bigger role. I don't think we even had a peek of Tails, Knuckles and Amy, right?

Other than that, I'm curious if anyone disagrees with this, but for me this is just looking Sonic Boom part 2 except with the correct models for the characters. I was expecting it could be something brand new, but I also like the idea. I just wish the plots are more well-developed and related with the games, and I definitely want it to use the best of all Sonic character roasters.

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact this is way better animated than Boom already puts it far above it as far as I'm concerned. I'll worry about the plot and shit later. 

• Thumbs Up 4

46 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

I love how this looks. It only looks right. I demand legless running Sonic forever.

For some reason, I imagine that he is about to run but since his legs don't look connected to his body, his legs run away and he is left suspended in the air, which then, of course, he falls to the ground and says "OW!!" while watching his legs run further and further away.

Don't know why but for some reason I thought about that

Edited by Nazo the Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 3

HOOLY SHIT. SONIC MADE AN EXPRESSION

FROM THE CENTER OF HIS MOUTH.

And it looked, you know. Not like shit.

• Thumbs Up 9

Mike Pollock is not in this and I'm honestly glad. No disrespect to Mr. Pollock at all, but I'm so tired of him having to be Eggman in every single Sonic related media that aren't the movie. 

Seriously, it's almost been 20 years since Mike Pollock first started voicing Eggman, so I'm glad for a little change.

Animation also looks super good, better than any Sonic game CGI yadda yadda, you all know this by now. Sonic's VA continues to be a highlight as well, I love the way he sounds here. It actually sounds like he's a cocky 15 year old, and not someone who's confused or someone who's blooming at super sonic rates.

(No disrespect to Ryan or Roger, they're good VAs, they're just not really "Sonic" to me, in my opinion.)

• Thumbs Up 5