Awoo.

Here is a teaser trailer for Sonic Prime

Shiny Gems
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Prime Gets an Extended Teaser and Winter 2022 Release Window at some point.

44 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Mike Pollock is not in this and I'm honestly glad. No disrespect to Mr. Pollock at all, but I'm so tired of him having to be Eggman in every single Sonic related media that aren't the movie. 

Seriously, it's almost been 20 years since Mike Pollock first started voicing Eggman, so I'm glad for a little change.

Sonic might be the only series where a fan can complain when an actor actually does reprise their role....

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Sonic might be the only series where a fan can complain when an actor actually does reprise their role....

For me, Mike Pollock will always be Dr. Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

I mean

I'm not even that big of a fan of Mike's Eggman. It's not bad, but it's gotten stale for me. I don't see why you needed to strawman my post like this.

Just now, Sean said:

Nah it is

Well, I respect your opinion, and I'll admit that I used to think he was bad myself, back in around 2011-2012 when playing Generations. He did grow on me overtime, but I can see why you think he'd be bad. Mike can get a bit too hammy at times.

Sonic Boom being a comedy made me be pretty lineient with how absolutely dog water the action scenes were. But still, they’re stiff, slow, lacking in any oomph or impact, no interesting coregraphy, just very lame.

So you know, what I’m seeing here being the complete antithesis to that is a good start 

• Thumbs Up 7

A bit of a side note, anyone else a bit concerned that we're still getting teaser trailers for Prime when it's, supposedly, coming out this Winter?

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

A bit of a side note, anyone else a bit concerned that we're still getting teaser trailers for Prime when it's, supposedly, coming out this Winter?

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing. Why just the teasers?

• Thumbs Up 2

Its not abnormal for Netflix to hold back actual trailers until the 30 day mark. They often drop out of the blue as well.

Its nothing noteworthy.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I mean

I'm not even that big of a fan of Mike's Eggman. It's not bad, but it's gotten stale for me. I don't see why you needed to strawman my post like this.

I didn't mean for it to sound that bad, sorry. Just found it weird since role reprisals are usually considered a good thing

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Oh it's not. Not by a longshot. But I can understand your frustration. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CraigAmation983 said:

Looks good. One question though, why are Sonic and Shadow fighting?

Are they not rivals? Plus as a general rule Shadow fights Sonic despite being allies with him atleastonce out of the traditional classic scene it's punk hog vs edge hog entertainment.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

They might be saving a full trailer for Tudum. I think it's soon. 

6 hours ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Mike Pollock is not in this and I'm honestly glad. No disrespect to Mr. Pollock at all, but I'm so tired of him having to be Eggman in every single Sonic related media that aren't the movie. 

Seriously, it's almost been 20 years since Mike Pollock first started voicing Eggman, so I'm glad for a little change.

Animation also looks super good, better than any Sonic game CGI yadda yadda, you all know this by now. Sonic's VA continues to be a highlight as well, I love the way he sounds here. It actually sounds like he's a cocky 15 year old, and not someone who's confused or someone who's blooming at super sonic rates.

(No disrespect to Ryan or Roger, they're good VAs, they're just not really "Sonic" to me, in my opinion.)

SECONDED!

Seriously, that laugh was already much more "villain-like"/interesting than his goofy "oh ho ho" thing Mike started after a couple of years. My assumption is that most will be soundalikes to the modern cast, as Devon Mack definitely is more of a "younger Roger" thing, but that's already much better.

To me Mike was best when he was channeling Deem Bristow (he even said that was the idea) at the start, when he would actually have evil laughs and sound darker/more intimidating. But then he leaned far too much into the goofy territory, and I think only John Baldry had the flawless blend of serious and goofy mix. Deem was almost strictly serious (I didn't watch SatAM so I can't exactly comment on Jim's voice, but he definitely was in the very serious realm from what I've seen). Garry Chalk was also more of a serious tone in Underground but Garry Chalk doesn't do villains often (hell his Oda Nobunaga in Devil Kings was more darker sounding, pretty epic actually).

I'm psyched to hear whoever is doing Eggman here to get the full picture. And can we please actually have a cast+character list already! Also I'm still calling for Big to be by Garry Chalk as he gives a Captain Rescue vibe in his voice from AoSTH.

• Thumbs Up 5

Honestly, the movement/pacing in the trailer is so hypnotizing to watch. Haven't seen 3D Sonic this animated in years! I'm loving the more sinister Deem Bristow-esque laughter from Eggman's VA, and Sonic's VA has quickly grown on me!

Eggman's weirdly-prominent lips bug me tho. :confused: 

egglips.PNG.87a04f490059d4a694d7b7e8ef4f70c1.PNG

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Irunfasttoo said:

Are they not rivals? Plus as a general rule Shadow fights Sonic despite being allies with him atleastonce out of the traditional classic scene it's punk hog vs edge hog entertainment.

I guess, just hope they aren't fighting for no reason, even in Rivals 2 he had an excuse because he needed to be quick because of the Ifrit.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic & Shadow are always going to fight in any continuity they're in at some point. I would prefer they have a legitimate reason for it to happen as opposed to it happening for the sake of fanservice but I also don't mind it either.

At least its the first thing that happens so we can get it out of the way.

• Thumbs Up 3

I feel like if Sonic and Shadow are fighting, especially early on, it's probably going to be connected to whatever Sonic inevitably screws up while fighting Eggman that causes the dimensions to shatter (going back to stuff that was said early on about Sonic's "journey of redemption" in marketing).

As much flak as I give the IDW version for how they handled Shadow, his issues with Sonic in his debut are actually believable and understandable, and at least at the time it seemed like a fair counterpoint to call Sonic on stuff like sparing Eggman despite everything. It's just that it all goes to the wayside because everything after that is more or less about him proving he's better than everyone until his mom Rouge yells at him.

Who knows at this point, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

In an ideal scenario, Shadow is generally the one who checks Sonic when he's getting a little too reckless for his own good. So maybe Shadow is just ego checking him.

The background environments look odd so far. But the animation looks fluid and fun. It’s interesting to see a Sonic show take place in the game universe. I think this is probably the first show to have Green Hills so prominently. It’s amazing how unique how each Sonic show is. Non of them feel like each other. I wonder if the writing will be like Sonic Boom or more serious. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Hero of Legend said:

SECONDED!

Seriously, that laugh was already much more "villain-like"/interesting than his goofy "oh ho ho" thing Mike started after a couple of years. My assumption is that most will be soundalikes to the modern cast, as Devon Mack definitely is more of a "younger Roger" thing, but that's already much better.

To me Mike was best when he was channeling Deem Bristow (he even said that was the idea) at the start, when he would actually have evil laughs and sound darker/more intimidating. But then he leaned far too much into the goofy territory, and I think only John Baldry had the flawless blend of serious and goofy mix. Deem was almost strictly serious (I didn't watch SatAM so I can't exactly comment on Jim's voice, but he definitely was in the very serious realm from what I've seen). Garry Chalk was also more of a serious tone in Underground but Garry Chalk doesn't do villains often (hell his Oda Nobunaga in Devil Kings was more darker sounding, pretty epic actually).

I'm psyched to hear whoever is doing Eggman here to get the full picture. And can we please actually have a cast+character list already! Also I'm still calling for Big to be by Garry Chalk as he gives a Captain Rescue vibe in his voice from AoSTH.

The oh ho ho laugh, especially the generations version kind of harkens back to the Sonic 1 manual's portrayal of Eggman's jovial snarkyness. But yeah, Pollock can do great when Channeling Bristow. I didn't mind ever because Eggman seems the type to flip sides of his personality on a dime. But Baldry will forever be the king when it comes to the balance in his portrayal. Agreed. Also, chalk could be somewhat serious with Underground, but Cummings had a definitely Grim undertone that is something to experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Starnik said:

The background environments look odd so far. But the animation looks fluid and fun. It’s interesting to see a Sonic show take place in the game universe. I think this is probably the first show to have Green Hills so prominently. It’s amazing how unique how each Sonic show is. Non of them feel like each other. I wonder if the writing will be like Sonic Boom or more serious. 

I don't now how the writing will be, but I would like it to be great enough for my standards. It needs to keep me interested, if not, then I won't really want to watch it that much. I would watch it, but I wouldn't really pay attention to it. So my hopes are that at least it's worth my time and not wasting it. But I have a good feeling it will be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 2

The oh oh oh laugh by the way was not Pollock's invention, that's just how Chikao Ohtsuka's Eggman has always laughed since Adventure, it was another element of the original Japanese version slipping in the English dub of the games

• Thumbs Up 6

That teaser trailer to Sonic Prime looks amazing. I’m looking forward to watching Sonic Prime and not watch a Sonic tv show for a while since watching the other Sonic 90’s cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 4