Awoo.

Heads up UK Sonic Frontiers fans - Day 1 edition!

castell-neath

It looks like Amazon is soon to drop an exclusive Day 1 steelbook edition for ps5 and Xbox One. It says currently unavailable, but they do this a day or two before the product actually drops. Have had this loads of times with Deluxe edition cd box sets i've had from them recently.

The ps5 link is below...may be worth keeping an eye out,its bound to drop very soon!!! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Frontiers-Steelbook-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B0BG3722Q7/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=148FXT9VBJ8PC&keywords=sonic+frontiers&qid=1664046494&sprefix=sonic+fr%2Caps%2C89&sr=8-2

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• The title was changed to Heads up UK Sonic Frontiers fans - Day 1 edition!

Yeah I've also seen this I've been keeping an eye out. Wonder if the "normal" listing will be updated or if we're gonna have to order on this new listing when it's available.

Thanks for the heads up! 

I've already pre-orderee from ShopTo, but I'll cancel it to get this instead for sure. 

• Fist Bump 1

I’ve just pre ordered It for my Xbox Series X and arriving 14 Nov which It’s telling me on my pre order for some reason. Even the games out on the 8 Nov.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, MikeTheHedgehog said:

I’ve just pre ordered It for my Xbox Series X and arriving 14 Nov which It’s telling me on my pre order for some reason. Even the games out on the 8 Nov.

Yes, the ps5 says 14th too. How odd. Hopefully they update the date to 8th soon, otherwise a day 1 edition a week later is a bit....well, whats the word?! Lol

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, castell-neath said:

Yes, the ps5 says 14th too. How odd. Hopefully they update the date to 8th soon, otherwise a day 1 edition a week later is a bit....well, whats the word?! Lol

I’ve just checked my order again and It’s being shipped by Amazon EU S.a.r.L. Instead of Amazon UK. Like you said they probably update the release date near to the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 1 edition is now back in stock, ( Sat 1st Oct) and with a confirmed release date of 8th Nov too. Switch and ps4/ps5 only though. Xbox versions NOT available though

Screenshot_20221001-194344_Chrome.jpg

Amazon is weird. I pre-ordered the steelbook a few days ago when it was up and my Prime delivery date for that order was (and still is) 14 November. But if I add it to my basket now to pre-order the same version, it says Prime delivery is 9 November. 

I almost always pre-order from ShopTo (and I usually get it the day before official release which is why I order it from there) so I don’t really know what Amazon are like for timely deliveries, but I do want the steelbook so need to go with Amazon this time. Do Amazon pre-orders ship early enough to arrive on the actual release day or do they often arrive later like this?

35 minutes ago, caitash said:

Amazon is weird. I pre-ordered the steelbook a few days ago when it was up and my Prime delivery date for that order was (and still is) 14 November. But if I add it to my basket now to pre-order the same version, it says Prime delivery is 9 November. 

I almost always pre-order from ShopTo (and I usually get it the day before official release which is why I order it from there) so I don’t really know what Amazon are like for timely deliveries, but I do want the steelbook so need to go with Amazon this time. Do Amazon pre-orders ship early enough to arrive on the actual release day or do they often arrive later like this?

The games I've pre ordered off amazon have always arrived on the release day. Same with any album pre orders on cd. Hope this helps as im sure that 14th date will change

• Thumbs Up 1

Would've been tempted to pre-order from Amazon, but the game's expected delivery date is days after the release. Luckily, it's the ruins steelbook as opposed to the other more vibrant steelbook, so I'm not too bummed missing out on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

A few friends and me ordered Splatoon 3 from Amazon and all of us received it a day after release.

It definitely seems to have become a more common thing recently so unless you absolutely must have the steelbook I'd recommend going with the likes of ShopTo if you want to more safely ensure delivery on release day.

With the way spoilers for the game are seemingly going I'm personally definitely focussing on receiving it day 1 above anything else.

9 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Would've been tempted to pre-order from Amazon, but the game's expected delivery date is days after the release. Luckily, it's the ruins steelbook as opposed to the other more vibrant steelbook, so I'm not too bummed missing out on this.

The re listing now says 8th, but yes originally it said 14th.

What other steelbook!!? Not seen that! Lol

6 hours ago, castell-neath said:

The re listing now says 8th, but yes originally it said 14th.

What other steelbook!!? Not seen that! Lol

Yeah, it’s now actually giving the right release date for the game, so hopefully that’s true.

As for the other steelbook, pretty sure the US gets two of them, the first being the generic ruins one that is up for pre order on Amazon, while there’s another one with Sonic looking out into the distance with a smile and ready to run into it.

33 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yeah, it’s now actually giving the right release date for the game, so hopefully that’s true.

Worth noting that the the delivery date is still set for Wedndesday 9th once you add it to the basket.

2 hours ago, PickleBrows said:

Worth noting that the the delivery date is still set for Wedndesday 9th once you add it to the basket.

Not for me when I pre-ordered it yesterday, it gave me the proper estimated date of the 8th.

3 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

As for the other steelbook, pretty sure the US gets two of them, the first being the generic ruins one that is up for pre order on Amazon, while there’s another one with Sonic looking out into the distance with a smile and ready to run into it.

Ah yes, i did a search and found it. Wonder if game or hmv or somewhere will get that version. Cant think of any other major game retailer that may offer it thats uk based 

Hey all, Game UK now has that other Steelbook.

Edit: The picture is from an email, it seems they have yet to add the page with the steelbook details.

IMG-20221009-WA0000.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

9 hours ago, CraigAmation983 said:

Edit: The picture is from an email, it seems they have yet to add the page with the steelbook details.

IMG-20221009-WA0000.jpg

Oh, i am so going to change my preorder! Thanks so much for the heads up, not on there yet but i will keep checking!

11 hours ago, CraigAmation983 said:

IMG-20221009-WA0000.jpg

Well, the GAME version is clearly superior. I was hoping that we would get that. 

Something to bear in mind is if you're getting it delivered to you GAME charge a minimum of £4.99 for delivery, even on pre-orders.

The steelbook is nice but for the additional cost I've gone with ShopTo, £46 and the slight chance of getting the game early.