Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Prologue: Convergence Comic

Shaddy Zaphod
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Two-Part Sonic Frontiers Prologue Comic, 'Convergence', Releasing Digitally Next Week at some point.

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

Shaddy Zaphod was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 10 points.

Part 1 coming tuesday.

• Thumbs Up 2

• The title was changed to Sonic Frontiers Prologue: Convergence Comic

Nice, looking forward to it! SEGA's really putting a lot of online complementary media up for Frontiers, aren't they?

I was just sent the large scale version of the cover from SEGA PR, download and go nuts. :D

2022-10-14-frontiers-convergence-cover-large.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Do we have confirmation on who drew it? I saw some users saying it was Evan Stanley, but I don't know if it really fits her style?

...But also, every comic artist on the series these days is so consistently stellar that it's hard for me to tell anymore.

Evan Stanley was tagged underneath the image on Twitter. Can't believe it's only 3 and bit weeks to the game's release now.

Evan said she did the line art but didn’t mention doing the pencils, so that might explain the faces looking very Evan-ish but maybe not completely looking like her usual style.

23 minutes ago, caitash said:

Evan said she did the line art but didn’t mention doing the pencils, so that might explain the faces looking very Evan-ish but maybe not completely looking like her usual style.

If she did the line art, it means she did everything besides the colors I think. Think it mostly looks a little different from her usual style because the colors don't appear to be from the usual colorists from the Sonic comics.

Amy having the Piko Piko Hammer seems to be a good sign, if not for this specific game, at least for the next one!! :) :)

I think that there is a small but real chance of some sort of Good Future versions of each island either as the postgame, or, some kind of DLC, that all of the characters will be able to explore!!  perhaps the islands' AI will be rewritten to create more surreal, colorful enemyesque characters that will work with each of the characters' playstyles, whereas it seems like the original enemies could basically only be fought by Sonic!! 

• Nice Smile 1

14 hours ago, Zaysho said:

If she did the line art, it means she did everything besides the colors I think. Think it mostly looks a little different from her usual style because the colors don't appear to be from the usual colorists from the Sonic comics.

Ah yes, sorry I’m getting confused since usually it’s split into pencils and inking and I mistook line art for inking when I read her tweet. It just looks a little off from her normal high standard which is throwing me off. Maybe it’s the perspective messing with my eyes (Amy looks like she’s supposed to be stood on the wing behind Sonic, but with the perspective she looks like she’s stood above Tails when the wing doesn’t go that far back). I’m sure that the actual contents will be as good as usual though :)