Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW #57: Cover & Info Reveal

Sonictrainer

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

That would be ignoring the personality she does have in all her earlier appearances, though, during the metal virus when Mimic is locked away already. It's beyond not using her for anything and basically doing away with one of the few resistance-members that felt like she could be someone more if the spotlight focused on her.

What personality? She's barley above cameo level. She's always around in the background of ABT issues, but she rarely does anything aside from pointing out something to advance the plot before shuffling off into the void. There isn't much to ignore.

Just wanna clarify that something being predictable or at least called doesn't make it bad or ineffective. It just means it's either easy to guess or the audience is just that perceptive; you can still have the event or whatever comes from it be good.

Really, the concern comes from two things: wanting to see more from Lanolin herself now that Sega officially considers her character and Mimic not being a very interesting character to potentially throw her away for.

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

What personality? She's barley above cameo level. She's always around in the background of ABT issues, but she rarely does anything aside from pointing out something to advance the plot before shuffling off into the void. There isn't much to ignore.

She does have this general vibe of being a very skittish civilian who slowly became a bit more of accustomed to the conflict of Sonic's world as things got dire. It's even kinda reflected in how her attire changed from "debut" to eventual approvals.

Everyone's getting quite presumptive recently. If Lanolin's coming right in, then fine. I want to see what are her abilities on the battlefield.

It would not even make sense for it to be mimic. In what way would it? He wants to dissapear. He has no real reason atm to mess with whisper seeing as hes trying to get away from eggman since bad guys and that being a clean up job Eggman had him running and I am sure he does not want to deal with him after double crossing him. If anything it would make sense for him to be doing something from the shadows avoiding attention for now. His character does not scream I need to fake being this random character in the resistance base to get solely to whisper.

2 hours ago, Darkvizardberrytan said:

It would not even make sense for it to be mimic. In what way would it? He wants to dissapear. He has no real reason atm to mess with whisper seeing as hes trying to get away from eggman since bad guys and that being a clean up job Eggman had him running and I am sure he does not want to deal with him after double crossing him. If anything it would make sense for him to be doing something from the shadows avoiding attention for now. His character does not scream I need to fake being this random character in the resistance base to get solely to whisper.

*cough*

We already know what Mimic is up too. He said it himself last time we saw him

mimic.thumb.jpg.bea7c2161983b4bc903c58391dff5e73.jpg

Naw bro. He's all about Revenge at this point. Plus as a bonus, masquerading around in someone else's skin doubles as "laying low". Dude is 1000% biding his time until he can take a shot at revenge against Whisper - and knowing how grudge oriented he is, it wouldn't surprise me if in doing so he would also want to hurt her as much as possible by taking out her friend too.

He wants to disappear, but he can't do that until the last Diamond Cutter is dead.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

*cough*

We already know what Mimic is up too. He said it himself last time we saw him

mimic.thumb.jpg.bea7c2161983b4bc903c58391dff5e73.jpg

Naw bro. He's all about Revenge at this point. Plus as a bonus, masquerading around in someone else's skin doubles as "laying low". Dude is 1000% biding his time until he can take a shot at revenge against Whisper - and knowing how grudge oriented he is, it wouldn't surprise me if in doing so he would also want to hurt her as much as possible by taking out her friend too.

He wants to disappear, but he can't do that until the last Diamond Cutter is dead.

True ( i forgot he redirected eggman to them) but again why would he pose as her and then venture into a city he knows Eggman is most likely still in. (since the arc they are going to the eggperial city where eggman currently is set to be atm)

I don't know if I mentioned it or if it should count as a spoiler, but it is worth noting that Mimic has been implied to be making a appearance in the main book at some point according to Bumblekast. Keeping in mind, I can see the 

That said, both Mr./Ms. Fonseca and @Darkvizardberrytan have pointed out why this arc would be an inappropriate time to bring him in the way that has been discussed.

10 hours ago, Mauro Fonseca said:

lanolin has blue eyes

mimic's been established repeatedly to have brown eyes when transforming

The artists also are free to take "liberties" in the name of keeping the readers in the dark. 

They could ignore the eye color thing for everything but extreme close up and it's actually really easy to hide the suction cups too. 

3 hours ago, Darkvizardberrytan said:

True ( i forgot he redirected eggman to them) but again why would he pose as her and then venture into a city he knows Eggman is most likely still in. (since the arc they are going to the eggperial city where eggman currently is set to be atm)

Even if the city is the last place he would want to be, finishing off whisper would be his top priority. She's a walking billboard for Eggman reminding him of the S-list with mimics name right at the top. 

As long as whisper remains a thorn in the doctors side, nowhere is safe for mimic. 

Why doesn't Mimic bother using colored eye contacts and re-tailored gloves and boots (to hide his suction cups) to make his disguises look more convincing?

• Chuckle 3

Preview page of Issue 57

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/Ih

ttps://twitter.com/IDWSonicNews/status/1618644216078544896?s=20DWSonicNews/status/1618644216078544896?s=20

Glad Lanolin is being added to the cast. She is almost as built as Rouge is

• Thumbs Up 1

Also looking at her gloves and wisp reaction to her pretty sure its not mimic hoping to actually see her in action and not so nervous eventually. we got belle for that.

On 1/23/2023 at 8:17 PM, Michael Takagawa said:

Why doesn't Mimic bother using colored eye contacts and re-tailored gloves and boots (to hide his suction cups) to make his disguises look more convincing?

Maybe Mimic doesn't even know. (I joke but I genuinely don't remember if it was established that he does or not...)

I think someone not noticing at a glance is completely believable but one thing that makes it kind of funny is that Sonic characters have HUGE irises compared to if he took on a human form. And now I'm wondering if he can do that. Hmmm.

30 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Maybe Mimic doesn't even know. (I joke but I genuinely don't remember if it was established that he does or not...)

I think someone not noticing at a glance is completely believable but one thing that makes it kind of funny is that Sonic characters have HUGE irises compared to if he took on a human form. And now I'm wondering if he can do that. Hmmm.

Considering he turned into Eggman during his panic, I'd say that'd already confirmed 

• Thumbs Up 1

If a new villain appears in the upcoming issue, who do you think they would be? For my idea, thought came into mind of another Metal Gear reference: a group of villainous mercenaries willingly joining Dr. Eggman for profit, like the Winds of Destruction.

For animal counterparts, Sundowner’s expy would be a vulture, Monsoon’s expy would be a macaque, Mistral’s expy would be a spider, and Jetstream Sam’s expy would a jaguar.

• Thumbs Up 1