Awoo.

Here are some previews for Sonic Frontiers from IGN Japan

Shiny Gems
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into IGN Offers "Final Preview" of Sonic Frontiers and a New Island at some point.

Here's 2 Vids from IGN's English YouTube

Get a first look at around six minutes of Sonic Frontiers gameplay, this time covering the third island of Sonic Frontiers: Chaos Island. On this island, you'll find your buddy Tails and will have to work on collecting his memory tokens in order to free him from Cyber Space.

We take one last look at Sonic Fronters, this time playing for six hours and covering the first three islands of the game. This is the Sonic Frontiers final preview.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know what I can really say that I haven't already said before, to be honest. It feels virtually the same as the first island in terms of content but there's even more(?) automation. There's nothing unique to it, there's just...dash pads, floating platforms and rails everywhere. 

I don't get it. It's like they're trying to do something new in the safest way possible by merging it with boost era trends and automation, and as a result it looks like a confusing combination of elements that feel like they're fighting for dominance.

Judging from the positive previews and the gameplay on show, it actually looks like this is going to be a pretty fun ride. I'm starting to get itchy feet for wanting to play this now, whereas I was quite relaxed about it before.

12 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I don't know what I can really say that I haven't already said before, to be honest. It feels virtually the same as the first island in terms of content but there's even more(?) automation. There's nothing unique to it, there's just...dash pads, floating platforms and rails everywhere.

I sort of disagree here - it seemed like there was quite a lot of new locales to explore based on the Island themes. I think the gameplay loop is the largely the same though. 

There is of course the story context that we still don't 100% understand yet with regards to the random sonic objects everywhere in the zone... but when you consider practically every other 3D platformer does exactly the same thing (with random platforms & objects that hang in the open sky) for no real reason other than platforming, it's nothing new and pretty inoffensive.

That's not to say a world that cohesively joins all these elements together (like Sonic Utopia for example) wouldn't have been appreciated, it's just not what they decided upon in terms of the world building this time around. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonic.png.9db12979d9b461eb722a53751fcd2d5a.png

Apparently, Sonic finally remembers that he forgot to turn the iron off when he gets to the Chaos Island.😛

He only has this idle animation on the Chaos Island gameplay video. I wonder if there's a story-related reason for this?

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Cayenne said:

Sonic.png.9db12979d9b461eb722a53751fcd2d5a.png

Apparently, Sonic finally remembers that he forgot to turn the iron off when he gets to the Chaos Island.😛

He only has this idle animation on the Chaos Island gameplay video. I wonder if there's a story-related reason for this?

I wonder if it potentially has to do with him being corrupted, as earlier footage showed with his arm glitching in-story.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted By: CoolNico

Wow. IGN more positive about sonic then usual. That’s super weird to me.

I’m really looking forward to this game. Even though I usually hate open world games, an open world game at sonic speeds sounds super interesting to me.