Awoo.

Your favourite motivational Sonic the Hedgehog Vocal tracks

Duelistic Nature

Preamble:

We all know the Sonic the hedgehog franchise is absolutely no slouch when it comes to music and arguably has always been pretty much on its A-game the entire time. The developers certainly were not afraid of exploring different music styles, you be the judge of what stuck better. From jazzy tunes to trance, synths to orchestral, catchy classical tunes to heart-pumping rock!

However, since the introduction of Sonic CD, we've gained the addition of Vocal tracks as well. And let's be honest, ask any Sonic fan to name a few vocal tracks and you'd probably get something along the lines of Sonic Boom (Sonic CD), Live and Learn (SA2), Reach for the Stars(Sonic Colors), Living in the city (Super sonic Racing), Dreams of an absolution (Sonic '06), With Me (SatBK) and perhaps even the two known tracks from Frontiers: I'm Here and Vandalize.

Besides being insanely catchy, and memorable and the majority being upbeat they are also insanely inspirational or relatable!

That's where we get to the meat and potatoes of this topic.

Your favorite motivational tracks!

When you read through the lyrics of most of the Vocal tracks you'll notice it's telling a story about the many aspects of life. Love, loss, ambition, teamwork, pride, self-doubt, confidence, and plenty more.

List 3, yes only 3, of your favorite vocal tracks you can come back to whenever you need a pick me up and feel free to share a bit of an example of why this one hits so home for you for each of them. No need to write personal stuff if you're not comfortable with it, write what you want to share when listening to the song.

I'm curious about what songs get you moving forward/ motivated/ you can return to.

Here's my list (thank you for indulging me).

1. Believe in Myself.

Tails' personal theme Sonic Adventure 2. Not only coming from the game that got me into the whole franchise but there's a personal history that a lot of people probably share. I used to be the smart kid at school and was mad bullied for it, yes there was physical abuse in there too. Roughly 20 years ago "nerds" were insanely picked on, arguably more so than today now that gaming is part of so many people's lives. Used to be massively different 2 decades back.

This of course hurts your self-esteem and you don't exactly take pride in what you CAN do and starting this spiral of self-doubt that keeps you awake at night. What a way for a song to then help me through it all and motivate me to believe in my own capabilities regardless of what others thought. I didn't need to be like them, I just needed to be myself and keep on forever striving to get better. Emi Jones wrote a follow-up to the song Found my Way saying people from back then might not recognize me because I've changed so much, in mannerisms, stature, looks, and look on life would be quite apt.

Quuuuiiiiiickly segues into the next one and you all already know this is an absolute BANGER.

2. Live and Learn.

Boy the moment that first chord is struck I just can't help but bang my head along with the melody and unabashedly sing along as it just fills me with a surge of energy to keep on going. The sheer emotion this song evokes with me still brings me to tears to this day.

Personal talk: As I mentioned, due to my school time I've come into a habit of trying to overachieve at everything because that's the only fleeting moment people looked at me with awe and with no one hitting the brakes on me well... that freight train kept on going until you hit an immovable object and that's life throwing you curve balls. Setbacks. I have a hard time accepting them, even worse in the past because being an overachiever made me clear most hurdles in one go. Yet for some hurdles you can't even remotely prepare for. Live and Learn, in my eyes a song about how life will continuously humble you in unexpected ways despite all the precautions you take.

Is it unfair? at the time, absolutely. What can you do about it? Get up, learn from it, try again tomorrow by learning from yesterday, and "HOLD ON TO WHAT IF!"

Besides that:

3. Fist Bump.

Hey here is a song from a game people felt extremely MEH about in general. Not this song though.

"I can't do this alone, even though I am strong. Need something more than me. Someone to push me to victory. Can't be afraid to try, kiss your fears goodbye."

Couldn't word my current point in life any better. I've achieved so much on my very lonesome that I got into a habit of doing everything myself and not asking for any help from anyone. "That's no good." I'm still scared to ask for help (like for how I can edit this giant slab of text to be shorter and concise), but the moments I break those fears and reach out I notice I'm in a much happier place with like-minded people and can be my happy little kid person again.

Whew sorry for all that. I suppose I just got a lot on my plate to rave and rant about when it comes to Sonic the hedgehog and how it's affected my life and although the games can be a little hit and miss sometimes... the Songs sure are always ON FIRE!

Live Life from SATBK personally motivates me. Sometimes I worry so much about life passing me by to the point it does! The song gives me a kick to "live life" instead of wasting it worrying.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Never Turn Back, the whole message of never looking back and moving forward really helped me throughout the years especially after 2010 where my stepfather died where life became difficult after all these years it's still my favorite vocal theme in the series

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love Live and Learn the best.  It's like the perfect song that's like having you live the best years of your life and learning from your experiences from them.

• Nice Smile 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Reach For The Stars has always been my favorite motivational song from the series because it really just tugged at my heartstrings. I enjoy breaking down Sonic songs, so this thread is definitely my cup of tea. I'll keep it brief (We'd be here forever if I posted every annotation). The song is a representation of a dreamer who wants to reach their intended goal through any means necessary ("I'm gonna reach for the stars although they look pretty far").  "I'm gonna find my own way" this lyric hit deep because as someone who had always been in the shadow of my family legacy breaking free from that was difficult but not impossible. "Do what I want, and I'll do it my way" though they don't exactly use the term freedom fighter for Sonic anymore that is what he represents for me. A freedom fighter, who fights for his friend's freedom and his own. The song itself is a representation of freedom and the thrill of chasing a dream even if you might not reach it. I'm an example of someone who chased the dream, and I don't think I turned out too bad. So when this song plays it reminds me of the reason, I started my journey with the franchise. "Dreams survive!"