Awoo.

Which comic series had more dark moments: IDW, Archie or Fleetway?

Rabbitearsblog

So, which Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series do you think have more dark moments?  Archie, IDW or Fleetway?

For me, all of these comics have their dark moments.  For Archie, there were plenty of dark moments pre-reboot, but one dark moment that really stood out to me was the Mecha Sally arc.

mqdefault.jpg

Just seeing a beloved character be roboticized and everything going wrong for the heroes at that time was pretty dark.

STC100-SuperSonic.webp

Then we have Fleetway's portrayal of Super Sonic.  In other continuities, Super Sonic was usually portrayed as a heroic character. But here, he's an evil form of Sonic and it was quite surprising that they turned Sonic's super form into something menacing. 

7D1F199F-044C-49F2-85C4-9C0A579404AD-895x375-1.jpeg

And then of course, there's the Metal Virus arc in IDW where nearly everyone got turned into zombots and the mood was pretty oppressive during that whole time.

I'm pretty sure there were other dark moments in each of these comic books, but what are some of the darkest moments for you in the Sonic the Hedgehog comics and which comics do you think have a lot of dark moments?

I don't really know. I think they all have probably quite a few dark moments. I don't think I can really choose or tell you just one certain one. They all have dark moments. But I like anything about Sonic and I also like comic books so I would probably love all three of those comics.

The body count for Pre-Reboot Archie Sonic was astronomically high. 

It's over 200 for folks important enough to warrant a page over on the Wiki. 

Some stuff I remember without digging too far in my research - 

• " My dad simply isn't " - my boy 
  • Enerjaknuckles straight up murdering someone 
  • " A Girl Called Hope " was a beautifully drawn tragic backstory 
  • Overlander-kid inadvertently shot Mobian-kid and started The Great War
  • Charmy's retcon into a kid was (controversially) the result of a brain injury 
  • Matilda Armadillo (Mighty's sister) describing the life of an average mobian
  • Jules getting sniped in the head on panel in what lead to his perma-roboticization 
  • Maria Robotnik was also offed on panel and shot in the back in the #98 SA2 adaption 
  • Sonic and Knuckles joking " I thought you were dead! You too!" in Return to Angel Island
  • 14 year old Dulcy in a domestic abuse situation with the guy I'm glad died at the end of the arc 
  • The Iron King wiping blood of his mace after murdering -- think it was The Bride of Rich Nights 
  • Charmy offhandedly saying that his entire Kingdom was killed by Eggman during the Time Skip 
  • Zobotnik using physical and mental torture to "break" Scourge in Lockdown (they're the good guys)
  • The physical (and mental) decline of King Acorn who was pretty much invalid by the end of the pre-reboot 
  • Think it was Mina Mongoose's intro story where she was trying to go back for her mom. They convinced her to give up
  • There was a Dulcy backup where the dragons decided the best way to deal with the roboticized ones including Dulcy's mom was to murder them by melting them with their dragon breath
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Mobotropolis said:

The body count for Pre-Reboot Archie Sonic was astronomically high. 

It's over 200 for folks important enough to warrant a page over on the Wiki. 

Some stuff I remember without digging too far in my research - 

• " My dad simply isn't " - my boy 
  • Enerjaknuckles straight up murdering someone 
  • " A Girl Called Hope " was a beautifully drawn tragic backstory 
  • Overlander-kid inadvertently shot Mobian-kid and started The Great War
  • Charmy's retcon into a kid was (controversially) the result of a brain injury 
  • Matilda Armadillo (Mighty's sister) describing the life of an average mobian
  • Jules getting sniped in the head on panel in what lead to his perma-roboticization 
  • Maria Robotnik was also offed on panel and shot in the back in the #98 SA2 adaption 
  • Sonic and Knuckles joking " I thought you were dead! You too!" in Return to Angel Island
  • 14 year old Dulcy in a domestic abuse situation with the guy I'm glad died at the end of the arc 
  • The Iron King wiping blood of his mace after murdering -- think it was The Bride of Rich Nights 
  • Charmy offhandedly saying that his entire Kingdom was killed by Eggman during the Time Skip 
  • Zobotnik using physical and mental torture to "break" Scourge in Lockdown (they're the good guys)
  • The physical (and mental) decline of King Acorn who was pretty much invalid by the end of the pre-reboot 
  • Think it was Mina Mongoose's intro story where she was trying to go back for her mom. They convinced her to give up
  • There was a Dulcy backup where the dragons decided the best way to deal with the roboticized ones including Dulcy's mom was to murder them by melting them with their dragon breath

I still remembered the story line where Dulcy was being abused by her lover.  It just came out of nowhere and it didn't really bring much to the overall story.  I also remembered the story line where Charmy's friend died of drug overdose.  That was something...