Awoo.

SEGA and Sonic Team to Connect the Sonic Brand More "Meaningfully"

DaBigJ

I think a thread similar to this exists, but new news equals a new thread.

So, y'all can expect to start seeing elements from each bit of the series to return or appear....I think. This is a good and welcome thing to be honest, more consistency with the brand.

• Thumbs Up 2

This, in correlation with the uptick in quality from Sonic Team seem like they're going massively hand-in getting the games up to snuff along with the other branches of the franchise.

Good times really are here again for the games division of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

It seems like it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hm....I wonder how Prime and the movies will fit into this.

11 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

It seems like it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hm....I wonder how Prime and the movies will fit into this.

Well, Tyson Hesse is definitely working big time in regards to the movies, so that would be how the team connects in there. Not sure about Prime though. Have we heard of any of these team members having notable involvement in that series?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad that SEGA is trying to establish continuity for the franchise.  For years, the franchise had a lot of inconsistent continuity with its lore.  So, it's nice that SEGA is trying to tie everything together.  I do wonder if they can keep the gameplay consistent from this point forward too.

• Thumbs Up 1

This type of thing existing is...not pointless.

I would've said it was pointless if this was only meant to be the connection of existing game elements.

3 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Well, Tyson Hesse is definitely working big time in regards to the movies, so that would be how the team connects in there. Not sure about Prime though. Have we heard of any of these team members having notable involvement in that series?

Ian was consulted on it.

On 11/13/2022 at 1:08 AM, Starnik said:

It sounds like a cool job. But I also think it sounds like a bad idea to work at SEGA. 

Yeah, especially with how I hear about how they treated the developers.

Does this mean we'll finally see a Sally or Snively in the games? Probably just wishful thinking..

Archie always had the rights to use everything while the games couldn't use Archie related things. So if they're working together now that'll really help.

Maybe we can reboot Shade if that's even possible..

1 hour ago, Darkness Void said:

Does this mean we'll finally see a Sally or Snively in the games? Probably just wishful thinking..

Don't hold your breath. It's not impossible, but they don't have as much going for them in good graces as Sticks and the IDW cast have with SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would Movie characters count as ones in good graces? They've done well and Sega seems to be aware of said success, though so far the only implementation we've seen in games outside of mobile is Sonic's electricity. Maybe Tom could be a member of Station Square's police force, Maddie could be a vet who could care for not just normal creatures but also chao or perhaps anthros like Sonic and crew if they're in a pinch, Longclaw could be part of the series' ancient lore in some way and maybe not Sonic's mother since Sega likes to keep his own origins in the dark.

2 hours ago, Darkness Void said:

Archie always had the rights to use everything while the games couldn't use Archie related things. So if they're working together now that'll really help.

Maybe we can reboot Shade if that's even possible..

I don't see SEGA working with Archie anytime soon, especially with the whole controversy with the lawsuits.

1 hour ago, SticksSuperFan14 said:

Would Movie characters count as ones in good graces? They've done well and Sega seems to be aware of said success, though so far the only implementation we've seen in games outside of mobile is Sonic's electricity. Maybe Tom could be a member of Station Square's police force, Maddie could be a vet who could care for not just normal creatures but also chao or perhaps anthros like Sonic and crew if they're in a pinch, Longclaw could be part of the series' ancient lore in some way and maybe not Sonic's mother since Sega likes to keep his own origins in the dark.

Unless we set up a multiverse principle, if we were to ever get movie characters, they likely would be canon foreigners. Different versions of the characters actually canon to the main timeline, like with Sticks.

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I don't see SEGA working with Archie anytime soon, especially with the whole controversy with the lawsuits.

Yeah, they haven't really wanted to touch anything Archie ever since Kenny Boy's shticks.

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Unless we set up a multiverse principle, if we were to ever get movie characters, they likely would be canon foreigners. Different versions of the characters actually canon to the main timeline, like with Sticks.

Yeah, they haven't really wanted to touch anything Archie ever since Kenny Boy's shticks.

That was pretty much what I was getting at. Though do you think what I said would be decent roles for them?

Just now, SticksSuperFan14 said:

That was pretty much what I was getting at. Though do you think what I said would be decent roles for them?

Well, both Tyson Hesse and Ian Flynn are in this small elite team that Sonic Team have formed. So, if they do add them, I have no doubt that they'd be done justice.