Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW: Scrapnik Island #2 - Reader Reaction & Review

Sonictrainer

Hmm, insert my standard "opinion will heavily rely on future issues".

Still a nice atmosphere but, as I was afraid, most of "horror" aspect is gone. By second issue we know pretty much everything and spooky Mecha Knuckles is much less spooky when I know he just has a screw loose.

I liked what I see so far, I like Mecha S glitch hallucinations. but will last 2 issues really just be fight with one scrapnik? It turns Sonic's leg injury from horror element to stretching the plot.

IDK, it was pretty good, but I'm worried.

Some Concept Art and names

FhtCe1kXoAAetiN?format=jpg&name=largeFhtCfmIWIAwxTL5?format=jpg&name=medium

Deegeemin: Here's my updated lineup of Scrapniks that have appeared as of Scrapnik issue 2! Lotta little fellas! Lotta little fellas!

FhtMhnBaEAAijws?format=jpg&name=large

Daniel Barnes: new Eggrobo Scrapniks!

from left to right, meet: Florentine, Benedict, and Rancheros 

FhtHofQXwAYv8GW?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FhtJcp6X0AQn_x-?format=png&name=900x900

• Thumbs Up 3

Never thought I'd see a Mecha Sonic vs. Mecha Knuckles fight in a Sonic comic again. Really liked how Mecha Knuckles' appearance at the end of the previous issue went a direction I didn't expect it to.

Been a pretty fun ride so far. Love what they're doing with Mecha Sonic's programming going all wonky and creating these corruptions within its memory banks. The artwork really sells those scenes. What a neat way to bring back a classic badnik.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ya know, it just occurred to me that this entire island seems tailor made for Belle. Her whole arc is about getting over the loss of, and abandonment of her father Eggman. She wants to fix up as many of his old robots and get them from under Eggman's control right? 

Scrapnik Island is basically where she'd find her calling and acting as a caretaker for the Scrapniks. I wonder if this was intentional, hope they do something with it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Ya know, it just occurred to me that this entire island seems tailor made for Belle. Her whole arc is about getting over the loss of, and abandonment of her father Eggman. She wants to fix up as many of his old robots and get them from under Eggman's control right? 

Scrapnik Island is basically where she'd find her calling and acting as a caretaker for the Scrapniks. I wonder if this was intentional, hope they do something with it. 

I do wonder if Belle will be introduced in this story at some point.  Or will it just be all about Sonic and Tails in this series?

It would way to jarring for her to "jump in" now. At best it will be conclusion, right after entire conflicted is finished, Sonic calls for her and introduces to Scrapniks.

But even that seems off from narrative perspective. Belle is major player in the comic right now, so big development for her happening in the spin-off would feel odd (then again "Imposter Syndrome" walked that line).

That said, her coming here seems inevitable. I just assume it will happen in main book, later down the road.

• Thumbs Up 1