Awoo.

More Free Updates Confirmed For Frontiers

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Frontiers To Receive Multiple Free Content Updates Into 2023 at some point.

There has been a press release, revealing that more free updates and DLC are to be added to Frontiers.

The user also clarifies that "until next year" actually meant "into next year".

It would appear that Sonic Team and SEGA are not quite done with Frontiers in some way, shape or form.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

I question if it'll be actual updates or just DLC, cuz if it's the second then that kinda bothers me. It annoys me when DLCs are called "updates" because they're not, they're optional content. Updates aren't usually optional lol

Beyond that, I'm glad that there's gonna be more content regardless 

We're not getting more playable characters. 

Edited to add: Yes, I know Forces got Episode Shadow, but that was to serve as an explanation as to what Shadow was doing. Frontiers has no need for this. At most, we might get costumes referencing other characters.

• Thumbs Up 2

We'll see. Anything is possible at this stage of the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hard mode please. There's already a lot of parameters in the game's files for additional attacks for enemies and gold varient concepts; challenge DLC would be perfect for low production cost DLC.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

Hard mode please.

Thought we already had a hard mode. lol

• Thumbs Up 2

Content updates and general improvements can go hand in hand, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're big improvements. Usually it's just fixing a glitch or other minor adjustments.

• Thumbs Up 4

At the very least, I'd love to see a Titan Boss rush mode and the ability to select certain times and climate changes for bits.

• Thumbs Up 3

Assuming the updates are going to remain fairly small and free then something that could be really nifty is seasonal DLC akin to what Sonic Adventure had back on the Dreamcast.

Imagine sometime in December we get a small Christmas DLC that decorates Kronos island with Christmas tree decorations, snow etc and maybe a small fetch-quest to find some Christmas presents hidden around the island that could unlock a festive Sonic skin.

Would definitely like to see things like a New Game Plus and boss rush but maybe some more unexpected things like some sort of S+ rank for the Cyberspace stages with much tougher time limits. Plenty of folk have praised 1-2 for actually being a challenge to S-rank so an additional level of difficulty across all the stages would make them far more replayable.

And then there's the wishlist dlc. A short Knuckles campaign dlc taking place after the main game and focussing on him exploring the islands for collectables using his gliding and climbing could be really fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

At the very least, I'd love to see a Titan Boss rush mode and the ability to select certain times and climate changes for bits.

Yup, would defo love for this to be a thing, especially as Arcade Mode already exists.

The Titan Bosses where some of the highlights of this game and I’d welcome battling these again under more pressurised constraints or limitations for fun. 

But the weather and/or a night and day settings option would be appreciated. Especially for some of the time specific challenges. 

7 minutes ago, Slash said:

I guess an expansion pack is too much to ask for?

Not necessarily. Nothing has ruled out that type of DLC yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I'm no hardcore gamer, but I think Frontiers' Hard mode is pretty easy until the last boss. Being able to escape most guardian battles, parry everything easily and use cycloop to farm rings nulls any kind of challenge it could have.

I wouldn't mind a Super Hard mode DLC with more strategy involved and nerfed moves, honestly. 

• Thumbs Up 4

You guys realize this is most likely just for more collaborative dlc, right? Since...this information came from a collab dlc?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

You guys realize this is most likely just for more collaborative dlc, right? Since...this information came from a collab dlc?

Best case scenario in that case would be a mini-world/cyberspace level for a collab, then; SLW went all out with those at the time

sonic_lost_world.0.1487647707.0.jpg

13bf7ca1-aaca-4ac1-992f-cc5c9def04fe

1 hour ago, DaBigJ said:

I mean, again,  free updates can mean a range of things, regardless of where it came from. Especially considering how a lot of folk thought we pretty much had all we were going to get at first.

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean, whatever it turns out to be... then great. I think the game itself is the complete package already so anything extra is just a bonus to me now, be it paid DLC or not. 

NGL, considering the "global player test" statement that was misconstrued earlier last week - I wouldn't be against them taking the opportunity to let us actually test out Tails, Knuckles and Amy considering their models exist in the game. It could be however they deem fit - even if just for messing around purposes, I don't expect them to mesh with the gameplay that's designed around Sonic, but I'm sure a lot of people would get a kick out of it.  

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I think he means something akin to Zelda's master quest, or Kingdom Hearts' critical mode perhaps?

4 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Content updates and general improvements can go hand in hand, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're big improvements. Usually it's just fixing a glitch or other minor adjustments.

Well, we'll just have to wait and see. 

4 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

It's possible, but we have to also be open to the possibility that they may be looking to include QoL features based on feedback. 

I'm sure it's just for more cosmetics, but in case it isn't:

1. Let us modify Sonic's control in cyberspace and 2D, same as in the open zone
  2. Use the Autumn textures for Ouranos
  3. Let us replay boss fights and cutscenes from the menu
  4. Marathon mode for cyberspace

These are not hard things to implement. Do it, SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Frontiers has no endgame, so I'd like to see something to address that. new costumes are nice, but unless they are full blown character re-skins, its not gonna entertain me for more than a few mins.

Boss Rush is right at the top of the list. And they would either have to cap Sonic's level or buff each of the Titans so that they can stand up to a Lv. 99 Hedgehog.

If you want to do Something a little crazy, unlock Super Sonic in the Open Zone and let him fly around smiting stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Knowing Sega and Sonic Team’s track record with DLC it’s probably not going to be anything super substantial, especially if it’s free - probably some cosmetics, at most, maybe some additional Cyberspace stages, which would be nice. I feel like any meaningful gameplay updates would’ve come in something like a patch. Hopefully we get something like that, but if not, more shoes and costumes isn’t the worst thing ever, I guess. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 2:22 PM, DaBigJ said:

We're not getting more playable characters. 

Well that aged like milk.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 4