Awoo.

Yuji Naka is arrested!!

antyep

This makes the fall of Keiji Inafune's reputation after the failure of Mighty No. 9 looks like a mild stumble in the grand scheme of things.

Though even then, he kinda sorta managed to redeem himself with Azure Striker Gunvolt iirc.

• Thumbs Up 6

So if no-one is gonna say it, I will.

"Mr Yuji Naka is not alright!"

*yeeeeeeeaaahhhhh!!!!/sunglasses.gif*

So Naka went from wanting to fist fight the marketing team at Sega for packaging Sonic with the Genesis to embracing the marketing team at square so much so that he got the inside scoop and some business deals?

Yikes. His only saving grace is the other guy went in way harder than he did.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

This makes the fall of Keiji Inafune's reputation after the failure of Mighty No. 9 looks like a mild stumble in the grand scheme of things.

Though even then, he kinda sorta managed to redeem himself with Azure Striker Gunvolt iirc.

He put his head down and tried not make a fool out of himself. I say  he got the memo that he was being very dumb. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

So if no-one is gonna say it, I will.

"Mr Yuji Naka is not alright!"

*Sunglasses at 'Oooooooh right'.*

Fixed 😋

Having the creator of Sonic would tarnish Sonic's rep. Good thing he's only co-creator. Naoto Ohshima all the way!

• Thumbs Up 1

Huh, so the guy who heavily sabotaged a dev company and its biggest project at the time...is now arrested for sabotaging another dev company's funds based around one of their biggest franchises.

tumblr_na4m76YEdU1rrkahjo10_250.gif

• Chuckle 3
  • Absolutely 1

18 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Huh, so the guy who heavily sabotaged a dev company and its biggest project at the time...is now arrested for sabotaging another dev company's funds based around one of their biggest franchises.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Just now, Tornado said:

What the fuck are you talking about?

The Sonic 06 debacle. Where he up and left the project mid-way while taking a good chunk of the staff with him.

5 minutes ago, Tornado said:

What does the second part of the sentence mean?

I'm referring to Yuji Naka's insider trading that got him arrested. Since he was arrested regarding trading info with the new upcoming DQ release:

Yes. Insider trading. Meaning he allegedly (and I think we should exercise extreme caution on presuming guilt for a white collar crime in Japan with the Japanese legal system being what it is) got a tip that a new game was going to be announced soon from his position within the company, and he invested money into the company right before that announcement.

In what way does that correlate to:

19 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

sabotaging another dev company's funds based around one of their biggest franchises

2 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Yes. Insider trading. Meaning he allegedly got a tip that a new game was going to be announced soon from his position within the company, and he invested money into the company right before that announcement.

In what way does that correlate to:

Oh...okay, I'm not gonna double down, so cards on the table. That bit was a mis-wording from me.

Insider trading would have nothing to do directly with the game's funds. It could very well screw over how much it makes, hence the sabotage,  but I'll made, that was not as well worded as I could've put it.

It probably doesn't help that literally no one saw this coming, so this does shock a lot of people to think of extremes.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Oh...okay, I'm not gonna double down, so cards on the table. That bit was a mis-wording from me.

Insider trading would have nothing to do directly with the game's funds. It could very well screw over how much it makes, hence the sabotage,  but I'll made, that was not as well worded as I could've put it.

How does insider trading affect the money a game makes?

31 minutes ago, Starnik said:

How does insider trading affect the money a game makes?

It's not just for games, but products in general. Insider traders and other speculators with private information are able to appropriate some part of the returns to corporate investments made at the expense of other shareholders. As a result, insider trading tends to discourage corporate investment and reduce the efficiency of corporate behavior.

And that's just one if the ways it can affect the company economically. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

It's not just for games, but products in general. Insider traders and other speculators with private information are able to appropriate some part of the returns to corporate investments made at the expense of other shareholders. As a result, insider trading tends to discourage corporate investment and reduce the efficiency of corporate behavior.

And that's just one if the ways it can affect the company economically. 

I understand that. But it doesn’t affect how much a game sells. Thanks for replying anyway.

23 minutes ago, Starnik said:

But it doesn’t affect how much a game sells.

Actually,  it still can. Don't forget, the matter of the stock market in the long run.

Not to mention, in the more direct sense. Insider trading can give competitors an unfair advantage of knowledge,  to know on releasing their own products or throwing a wrench into the other company's plans, this affecting how much the product makes.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Actually,  it still can. Don't forget, the matter of the stock market in the long run.

Not to mention, in the more direct sense. Insider trading can give competitors an unfair advantage of knowledge,  to know on releasing their own products or throwing a wrench into the other company's plans, this affecting how much the product makes.

Insider trading is dangerous. But it doesn’t really stop a game from being successful. People will buy the game if they want. 

5 minutes ago, Starnik said:

Insider trading is dangerous. But it doesn’t really stop a game from being successful. People will buy the game if they want. 

I don't think you understand how this cuts on a game's success and profitability. 

Just now, Zoomzeta said:

I don't think you understand how this cuts on a game's success and profitability. 

I think this argument is going nowhere.