Awoo.

Bob Chapek Booted Out as Bob Iger Returns As Disney's CEO

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

So, as you may have heard, despite recently getting a three year contract deal, it would appear that Bob Chapek has finally worn out his welcome, enough to get ousted by the very company that used to defend him. Bob Iger has described hiring Chapek as one of the worst business decisions he's ever made,and for good reason. Bob Chapek's legacy is one filled with mismanagement of the parks, absolute disrespect to animation (Pixar getting a heavy dose of that), the godawful Premium Pass which led to fiascos like the lawsuit from Scarlett Johansson, and so many more. A man so bad he he got publicly booed coming on the stage.

So, all of that for Disney to finally just call it quits on Chapek...and drag Iger out of retirement. Wild stuff.

• Thumbs Up 5

This is entirely because of Chapek picking a fight with DeSantis and losing. Whether or not Iger will actually follow through with his own more strongly made responses to DeSantis when he wasn't at the company will remain to be seen (DeSantis is not an idiot like Trump, and he very likely only was able to get away with thumping Disney so hard because Disney's response was so wishy-washy); but I suspect this isn't quite to the level Roy Disney saving the company from Eisner running it into the ground.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tornado said:

This is entirely because of Chapek picking a fight with DeSantis and losing. Whether or not Iger will actually follow through with his own more strongly made responses to DeSantis when he wasn't at the company will remain to be seen (DeSantis is not an idiot like Trump, and he very likely only was able to get away with thumping Disney so hard because Disney's response was so wishy-washy); but I suspect this isn't quite to the level Roy Disney saving the company from Eisner running it into the ground.

Chapek also wasn't really doing Disney that much of a financial favor either it seems, especially with that abysmal Q4  financial report.

I'm honestly not surprised that Bob Chapek got kicked out so soon.  The way he's been handling Disney was horrible and I'm actually glad that Bob Iger is back in charge again. I do wonder if he can fix the damage that Chapek did to the Disney brand.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, it gets even better with more tidbits revealed:

I swear, you can't make this stuff up.

Not only was Chapek at the center point of Disney not doing as hot financially as it would've preferred to, but he knew it, and had a backup strategy...that still got foiled.

Mind you, it's not too surprising that Bib Iger's decision to return as CEO apparently took less than 12 hours.

• Thumbs Up 1