Awoo.

Big the Cat deserves his own freaking game

Indigo Rush

I'd say our feline friend doesn't need weed because he's high on life.^_~

Big must get fucking STONED on life. Look at them eyes. That is not a natural yellow.

Big the Cat. The next Mario. Run and jump platforming with dinosaurs, turtlerobots, and his brother Lug the Cat.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Big must get fucking STONED on life. Look at them eyes. That is not a natural yellow.

Big the Cat. The next Mario. Run and jump platforming with dinosaurs, turtlerobots, and his brother Lug the Cat.

Except he can't do any platforming because after spending the last 3 days bonging non-stop hes eating doritos watching Family Guy, 90's cartoons (such as Gadget Boy and Cow and Chicken) and surfing /b/. Stoned as fuck, but still, the cute rabbit can do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It depends if ST can make a good game about him, but hopefully it doesn't involve fishing. The fishing in SA1 was probably the one of the worst parts in the game. So no fishing unless it involves this kind of fishing (that's a lot of fish-ing):

jaws2.jpg

Edited by AdventChild

Waaaaaay back in the Sonic Foundation days I had the idea for a Big game titled "Big Adventure". I even made up Dreamcast cover art for it. If I find it, I'll post it here :)

As for Big's personality, he's not so much a hippy as an islander. More akin to a Carribean man who enjoys chilling out. He's also a bit like the Dude of The Big Labowski. In fact, Big's story in SA1 was very Lebowski-esque. Only instead of a rug, he's looking for a frog.

dude.jpg

Big the Cat is the most pointless, idiotic, nonsensical and moronic character in the series; he's like a plague of stupidity in the games in which he features, and destroys all levels of sensibility that were once present in them. His first appearance in Sonic Adventure wasn't exactly climatic - SEGA did precisely nothing to excite us over the prospect of a new Sonic character - and detracted from the overall gaming experience of the title; who wants to bore themselves witless with hours of unskippable cutscenes just for a few minutes of dissatisfying and meagre fishing?

His deranged-dipstick personality is another huge niggle that brings my piss to a boil; Big the Cat reaches FAR beyond the limits of the phrase "total retard", and Sonic Team express his dumbassed nature in a less-than-humorous way; if you're going to come up with a character who is a mental reject, then at least make him funny - Forrest Gump and Mr. Bean managed it fine, so why can't Big?

These two dire aspects DO NOT make a good character, and most certainly wouldn't make a decent game; the fat cat's voice, idiocy, gameplay style and utterly lacking backstory would single-handedly bring the series to its knees - no self-respecting gamer would ever be able to say the word "Sonic" without sniggering at the humiliating torture of Big's latest title, and SEGA would be a subject of total ridicule held up by its neck for all the world to see.

Big doesn't need his own game; he needs total removal from the series, and a good long trip to see the psychiatrist.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 6

That's quite the impressive stare he has, too.XD

"I'm sorry Big, but Froggy is in another castle!"

Make a page about it on the Sonic Wiki, wait a week, and see if anyone on Youtube makes a rant about it.

A week? Hours.

Of course!

In all seriousness, that very scenario would literally allow Sega to make a straight Mario clone, for what that's worth. I would play it.

A week? Hours.

Is it wrong that I'd actually like to see that?XD

I guess Big's the Sonic fandom's equivalent of Tingle in the Zelda fandom. That easy going, quirky guy that some people want more of and others want launched into a black hole.XD

If it exists as an entirely non-serious title that opens up the possibility of being fun to play and humorous at the same time, sure.

Otherwise, nah. I'll be waiting for a Knuckles game. You can wave Knuckles' Chaotix in my face all you want to. I don't really think it counts when it was originally Sonic Crackers.

There's still a lot of unanswered questions and room for development for the red guy. Something I think Sonic Chronicles proved very well.

Edited by Chooch

I just had an interesting idea for a story... Big the Cat makes cameos in Sonic Adventure 2, yes?

What the heck is he doing during the events of said game?

If you've ever watched The Lion King 1 1/2, you'll know what I'm suggesting: A behind-the-scenes sort of story for Big the Cat.

Think about it! While Big is on his quest for Froggy, he just so happens to be searching while SA2 is going on.

Big the Cat uses the Chaos Emeralds to fix the gosh-darn moon. It's the only explanation.

/fanfiction

EDIT: Looks like Chaos Walker came up with the idea before me! Oops, sorry bro.

It's good to see I'm not the only one who appreciates Big. (save for one) I hope one day SEGA notices Big's underground fanbase and delivers for us.

Edited by Indigo Dude

They made a freakin' Tingle game. I see no reason why Big should not be recognised in the same way as an AWESOME side character everyone loves.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Big the Cat is the most pointless, idiotic, nonsensical and moronic character in the series; he's like a plague of stupidity in the games in which he features, and destroys all levels of sensibility that were once present in them. His first appearance in Sonic Adventure wasn't exactly climatic - SEGA did precisely nothing to excite us over the prospect of a new Sonic character - and detracted from the overall gaming experience of the title; who wants to bore themselves witless with hours of unskippable cutscenes just for a few minutes of dissatisfying and meagre fishing?

His deranged-dipstick personality is another huge niggle that brings my piss to a boil; Big the Cat reaches FAR beyond the limits of the phrase "total retard", and Sonic Team express his dumbassed nature in a less-than-humorous way; if you're going to come up with a character who is a mental reject, then at least make him funny - Forrest Gump and Mr. Bean managed it fine, so why can't Big?

These two dire aspects DO NOT make a good character, and most certainly wouldn't make a decent game; the fat cat's voice, idiocy, gameplay style and utterly lacking backstory would single-handedly bring the series to its knees - no self-respecting gamer would ever be able to say the word "Sonic" without sniggering at the humiliating torture of Big's latest title, and SEGA would be a subject of total ridicule held up by its neck for all the world to see.

Big doesn't need his own game; he needs total removal from the series, and a good long trip to see the psychiatrist.

Wait a minute, so you're saying that BIG would be the reason everybody would make fun of the Sonic series, and not Shadow, Black Knight, the Werehog bits of Unleashed and most of all Nextgen? Wow.

Big the Cat is the existance of a new character that just so happens to not be serious, which is definitely a good thing since Sega has riddled the series down with overloads of "super-ultra-serious-angsty" characters. We need more Big. I'm sorry I didn't like Shadow or Silver, but Big is (IMO) way better than any other character (besides Blaze) that Sega has made since 1995.

And Big is not flippin' retarded, son. Big is simple. There is a difference. Please notice that before you spam what basically is a "Big Appreciation Topic". Yeesh.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Wait a minute, so you're saying that BIG would be the reason everybody would make fun of the Sonic series, and not Shadow, Black Knight, the Werehog bits of Unleashed and most of all Nextgen? Wow.

Big the Cat is the existance of a new character that just so happens to not be serious, which is definitely a good thing since Sega has riddled the series down with overloads of "super-ultra-serious-angsty" characters. We need more Big. I'm sorry I didn't like Shadow or Silver, but Big is (IMO) way better than any other character (besides Blaze) that Sega has made since 1995.

And Big is not flippin' retarded, son. Big is simple. There is a difference. Please notice that before you spam what basically is a "Big Appreciation Topic". Yeesh.

Thank you.

Also, sorry Chaos Walker! It seems you had already conjured the "SA2" theory before me. I didn't see that there! :c

Now, I'm obviously all up for a Big game, but I think we're all in agreement that they should fix Sonic himself up first. Once two or three great Sonic games come out, then Big should have the clear for his own title, among other characters.

And I agree with Chooch... Knuckles needs his own game. Most definitely.

Edited by Indigo Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Big =

Tingle_DS.jpg

Interesting analogy, although there are major flaws with your statement.

The two characters are vastly different, not only in terms of average size, but also their color choices, species, personality and current role in their respective series.

tingle.jpg2532808411_98e5b6382a.jpg

They are very different.

Big is an indigo-violet breed, while Tingle is green.

Big is large and rotund, and Tingle is short and skinny in comparison.

Tingle is a 35 year old man who thinks he's a fairy, and Big is an 18 year old Maine Coon cat.

Tingle designs maps, and Big is a fisherman who lives in the jungle.

Your analysis is way off. May I ask that you put more time into your trolling, please. We don't take kindly to these shenanigans, and neither does Big.

Aww, no one likes my Super Froggy idea? Big needs more than always chasing the same frog.

Also, Wentos is the series' Tingle variant.

HOLAS:

This topic is made of win :lol:

I third the idea of a Big SA2 storyline (even as just a download game), maybe it also explain how big met amy and cream and why they are so good friends now

Then again, a Sonic Rush 3 with Blaze dealing with Marine and Big at the same time would be EPIC!

While I've said in the past I'm not fond of Big's portrayals, I do think he has good potential as a character. He's simple, endearing and, most importantly, secretly Duke Nukem. My biggest problem is how they've handled him. In Adventure, he contributed absolutely no purpose to the story that Froggy alone could have done and he just seemed more oblivious and absent minded than charming. Frankly, I doubt he was anything more than a marketing device for Sega Bass Fishing. And in Chronicles he was just all around idiotic.

But I think Heroes was his most best portrayal; he had a childish mindset but he was respectable for it, i.e. "It's not nice tease my friends." I just think the biggest problem is that the writers confuse "simple-minded" with "dumb and oblivious." If they want to develop his character, I say they should try to take a hint from Forrest Gump. Despite his low IQ and slow mentality, he was relatable and respectable for his other qualities. That's how I want to see Big.

If they were to make a Big video game, I don't think it would do anything for the series, but as its own spinoff it would be harmlessly fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

Those points made me think of Big in a whole new light. He is the epitome of the saying, "Not everything as it seems." I know Big is a big smarty-pants who can possibly rival Tails and Eggman in intelligence under that big belly of his.

Big could also troll over the Internet too. How 'bout that idea? :P No, that wouldn't be good and it's something Big wouldn't do. Actually, that would be pretty funny if he did partake in Internet trolling.