Awoo.

New Sonic Prime Clip Features Tails' Life Without Sonic

MGA_Gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into New Sonic Prime Clip Features Tails' Life Without Sonic at some point.

@StaticMania : Why can't SONIC 2 (8-bit) happen after SONIC 2 (16-bit)?!...
Sonic and Tails met on Megadrive and in the 8-bit game, they are already close friends :

After the events of the last incident, peace has returned to South Island, prompting Sonic the Hedgehog to leave the quiet island in pursuit of adventures. When he returns however, he sees no sign of his Animal friends. Confused, Sonic goes home, where he finds a note written by his close friend, Miles "Tails" Prower. The note explains that all the Animals on South Island have been kidnapped by Dr. Robotnik, and that Tails is being held prisoner in a place called the Crystal Egg where Robotnik has forced Tails to write this note. Tails adds as well in the note that Sonic can only get to the Crystal Egg if he has the six Chaos Emeralds.

https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_2_(8-bit)#Plot

@Dr Mechano : Thank you, I didn't know Ian Flynn said anything about it!!...
Do you have a link where I could read his quote, please?!...
As far as TAILS ADVENTURE, even if it seems, according to Ian Flynn said, it is no longer a prequel for the series, all I want is Dotemu to offer us a remake of the game as good as what they did with WONDER BOY : THE DRAGON'S TRAP!!...
The game really deserves it!!...

• Thumbs Up 1

Always gives me second-hand embarrassment when a character's in what's clearly an alternate universe and keeps walking up to their friends' counterparts expecting them to recognize them. "You're Tails, but you're not Tails? Woooaaaoooh that's impossible, what's going on" If this is canon Sonic, this isn't even his first experience with doppelgangers.

• Thumbs Up 2

I assumed Tails' Doc Ock tentacles were coming from his back but them being around his tails is a really cool touch. I  do love the designs in this show, can't wait to see more of them.

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Always gives me second-hand embarrassment when a character's in what's clearly an alternate universe and keeps walking up to their friends' counterparts expecting them to recognize them. "You're Tails, but you're not Tails? Woooaaaoooh that's impossible, what's going on" If this is canon Sonic, this isn't even his first experience with doppelgangers.

It's possible this is just after the shattering or whatever happened and he genuinely has no idea what's going on. I agree with the sentiment tho, it feels very "underestimating kids being able to get what's happening" writing.

7 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

FjeNHWQXkAQoG7i?format=jpg&name=orig

So #Retro and #Nostalgic amirite?

The clip is good, but what is up with these shows using fake pixel art instead of either sprites from the games or hired professionals? It looks so tacky 

Yeeep, these parts really took me out of it since I'm otherwise really enjoying what we've seen of the show, lol. Saw a post that reminded me that Mega Man Fully Charged (also a Man of Action production) had similar sequences too.

• Thumbs Up 2

I really happy with how expressive Sonic is in this series so far.  My biggest complaints with the games was that Sonic wasn't that expressive enough and yet, this show is giving Sonic a lot of expressions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic: "You have a coolest plane called the Tornado."

Me: Ack-tually the Tornado originally belonged to you, Sonic.

(Joking aside I'm liking the pacing from this one scene; seems the show will have some slower moments and just breathe. Too many kids shows today have that over-stimulating thing going on.)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to have problems with what Sonic said about the Tornado!!...

By the way, do you think that, for the first time in an animated series, and even if there's going to be a multiverse, the main character will be the "real" Sonic, I mean the one from the videogames?!...

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Austroid said:

Too many kids shows today have that over-stimulating thing going on.

You say this like it's a new thing...

The surface level nostalgia done poorly I don't like, actually if it was done well I still wouldn't like the concept behind it. But I think the pixel animation quality is just a, made in one day animation to save on the budget. 45 seconds saved, that's like thousands of dollars.

Yeah my eye twitched a little with the Tornado facts being off. Unless Sonic gifts it to Tails in the first couple of minutes in the show or something that’s gonna continue to bug me a little.

I do like this clip though. It’s nice to hear the characters talking ‘properly’ (and by that I mean not snippets of audio cut for the trailer that don’t sound natural). Roll on 15 December. I don’t have Roblox to watch it early tomorrow so gonna have to bunker down away from the internet in spoiler-avoidance mode until Thursday.

• Thumbs Up 1

To try and make sense of the Tornado line, in frontiers Sonic does make a comment about "Maybe I should just give it to you at this point" with the Tornado.

So maybe Prime happens after Frontiers, and Sonic did decide to give the tornado to Tails afterwards?

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked the sprite sequence, it was cute. I wish it was more faithful to how the games looked, but I don't dislike using sprites for flashbacks on principle like some seem to.

This also makes me wonder if (Frontiers spoilsrs)

Spoiler

Those screenshot flashbacks to previous games were Sega's idea, rather than Ian's, since we're seeing a similar thing in a completely different project with different writers.

• Thumbs Up 3

Tails has had functional ownership of the Tornado practically from the start, it's not worth worrying about.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, even in SA1, when Sonic says "You can borrow my plane if you want!" the Tornado is already at Tails's workshop at that moment. 

Yeah, I really just read that line as Sonic basically considering the Tornado to be Tails' at this point, given how much he's done with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's also an alternate universe Tails, there's probably not much point in Sonic buttering him up by saying "and I let you pilot my branded plane" to earn his trust. It's just smoother and quicker dialogue that conveys what's important.

I honestly don't mind about how Sonic and Tails got the Tornado.  That story has been altered so many times that anything can be changed about that story to fit the story they are telling.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been watching this little clip over and over to mentally nitpick the animation quirks with this creative team.

Boy did their attn to detail guy go to town on the tongue work. Its actually kind of unsettling to see how much work went into the mouths of Sonic and Tails during their convo.

lol

• Way Past Cool 1

21 hours ago, StaticMania said:

You say this like it's a new thing...

Back in my day, we had chill shows like Kipper and Oswald the octopus on Nick Jr. 

😤 Face with Look of Triumph Emoji

53 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Boy did their attn to detail guy go to town on the tongue work. Its actually kind of unsettling to see how much work went into the mouths of Sonic and Tails during their convo.

lol

I noticed that too. I've been so used to the "lip flapping" style we've had for years; its weird seeing Sonic characters actually enunciate their words lol. 

• Way Past Cool 1

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I've been watching this little clip over and over to mentally nitpick the animation quirks with this creative team.

lol

Not sure if this is the same team of folks who specifically did it, but it feels like Man of Action really want to make up for how shoddy that Mega Man show was. lol

I watched the first episode twice in SONICSPEED SIMULATOR (ROBLOX) and even if the conditions were not really good (player's avatars running before the screen, no full screen... and my avatar was Rusty Rose who hid a part of the screen everytime she extended her legs), I can say it was the first time I had really enjoyed a SONIC animated show!!...
Some things were wrong (Sonic and Rouge -and even Big-'s faces, Knuckles' English voice that doesn't suit the character at all) but the dialogues were pretty good, the doppelgängers are great and the storyline both funny and very interesting!!...
And for the first time, it seems "canon" to the videogames!!...
I'm eager to watch the series in Japanese!!...

• Thumbs Up 1

Caught a stolen upload of the Roblox premiere. And uh...

...I think this might be the best Sonic show. Ever. Obviously it has 23 more episodes to potentially screw things up, but this is the strongest start any of them have gotten off to, with probably Boom and SatAM as the runners-up. There was great action, character-building, good pacing and even the slightest hint of implications for Sonic's world as a setting. Sonic is presented as flawed, but the thing people were worried about of him "taking his friends for granted" is absolutely not an issue at all. And hey, Flynn got a story advisor credit!

The VAs are all great. I instantly bought Deven Mack, Shannon Chan-Kent (pity she's stuck doing a monotone robot voice for so much of it, though), Ashleigh Ball and Kazumi Evans. I'll probably get used to Brian Drummond as Eggman, since he's got a good range and I like him anyway. I was only unsure about Adam Nurada as Knuckles. He was stuck between sounding too doofy (think Dave Mitchell in Team Sonic Racing) and so deep that it was genuinely distracting.

The action and animation are incredible, at least from what I could see in the grainy youtube stream quality. Movement is snappy and makes good use of squash-and-stretch, the camera does these really rad movements or focal changes or fisheyes to emphasize certain moments, and everyone is utterly expressive. Due to who usually gets CG precedent in the games and who gets to be in other shows, I think this is the best Rouge has ever been animated, she has this smugness with a hint of cynicism in her expressions and reactions to things that...makes me feel something I haven't felt about her since I was thirteen. The action setpieces are also really varied, nothing like the blandness of Sonic Boom. This is second only to Marza, genuinely. I could watch a full movie by this team.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1