Awoo.

Crash Team Rumble (2023)

Jango

If this is true, then I'm not paying a single cent on this shit. I don't care if it kills Crash, I rather a dead franchise than this.

7 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

If this is true, then I'm not paying a single cent on this shit. I don't care if it kills Crash, I rather a dead franchise than this.

Hardly. Cancelled games and no support kill franchises, not in-game purchases. It will sour the Crash brand, as to be expected. But I'd say not as much as CTR-NF did, as one of the big issues regarding that game's monetization (besides the way that the shop was designed) was the fact that it was a remake of an old game. 

CTRumble was likely made with the intention to have some kind of in-game purchases in mind from the beggining (seeing as Crash 4 had none, which was a miracle considering the amount of unlockable skins they could've had cash-in on). It's just gonna end up being one of those games we have by the dozens today: fun base game, inevitably brought down by season passes and shit. Fall Guys, Multiversus... But this will hardly be the death of Crash. Unless it becomes nothing BUT this kind of games... Which I don't believe it will, at least not just yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Hit… I think that used to be Base.com which is pretty reputable. 

But anything between £59.99 and £69.99 is pretty standard RRP for PS5 games in the UK. 

That said, unless there is far more this title than we realise - it’s probably a guesstimate on their end. If the game does sell physical and is MTX laden, I really can’t see them getting away with this. At best it feels like it should be budget priced based purely on what we’ve seen so far.

If it is true, Maybe they looked at Sonic Frontiers or Crash 4 and thought they could market their new game at a similar sort of price structure? I dunno, until I see any hard evidence that this game has any sort of decent base foundation or fun playable content the difference in quality and genre between CTRumble and those platformer titles feel (Wumpa) leagues apart at present. 

12 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

It shouldn't cost a single cent imo. MTX nonsense belongs only in free to play games

I mean, I’d go even as far as to say it shouldn't exist at all 🤣

But yeah, if CTRumble goes heavy with MTX (and even moreso than CTR: NF), then this should really be a Free To Start title.

I suspect Hit may be aware of the games existence and it’s just prep and guess listing before launch. 

1 hour ago, DaBigJ said:

It shouldn't cost a single cent imo. MTX nonsense belongs only in free to play games

And they're still cranked up to ludicrous degrees even there.

1 hour ago, Sonicka said:

I mean, I’d go even as far as to say it shouldn't exist at all 🤣

But yeah, if CTRumble goes heavy with MTX (and even moreso than CTR: NF), then this should really be a Free To Start title.

I suspect Hit may be aware of the games existence and it’s just prep and guess listing before launch. 

I'll say this. A company like Activision would absolutely be capable of charging a game with an initial fee, only to continue with nickle and diming players with Microtransactions, even if this game doesn't have the content to warrant that price either.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, that sure is a render.

On 1/26/2023 at 6:34 PM, Jango said:

"New" 😂

This game really needs to kick it in gear with the marketing, unless they're really just banking on die-hard Crash fans to fuel this.

33 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:
This game really needs to kick it in gear with the marketing, unless they're really just banking on die-hard Crash fans to fuel this.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they're banking on the nostalgia people have for Crash Bandicoot in order to sell this game, cuz honestly from what we've seen it doesn't really benefit too much from the IP? Like for what reason other than money is it a Crash game?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:25 AM, DaBigJ said:

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they're banking on the nostalgia people have for Crash Bandicoot in order to sell this game, cuz honestly from what we've seen it doesn't really benefit too much from the IP? Like for what reason other than money is it a Crash game?

Oh it's definitely for money, but Crash is something of a special case.

Crash fans tend to be very scared that Activision will just up and stuff the Bandicoot back into the bin the moment his games don't sell enough to them (without even evaluating why it actually might be).

And given this is Activision we're talking about, who have killed previous IPs for even less sane reasons in the past (see the WFC series as a massive casualty), those fears are unfortunately founded. 

The problem is that, this has led to some fans getting incredibly defensive and aggressive towards legitimate criticism of the more recent products.

• Thumbs Up 2

Crash Bandicoot doesn't deserve to be owned by Activision. It's sad that some fans had to reach that point but it's also not entirely their fault since the fear is true.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, DaBigJ said:

Crash Bandicoot doesn't deserve to be owned by Activision. It's sad that some fans had to reach that point but it's also not entirely their fault since the fear is true.

Exactly. As annoying as it can be, I can get why Crash fans want to keep it alive.

Now, it helps that the series did come back in a fashion that wasn't completely bastardized, so it still has their support.

Things would have to get really consistently bad for fans to turn on it. Like, despite the grumbling that CTR: NF got when mtx were snuck in, the game still sold well thanks to having a good base game, despite how blatantly stuff like the pit stop and the grand prixs were obviously geared towards pushing players towards stumbling for the add-on purchases.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a good video from Canadian Guy Eh talking about a multitude of things

Unfortunately it seems that it's not free to play?

I'll just say that, as someone who was a Playstation 1 kid, I like my Crash Bandicoots and my Dingodiles and my Ripper Roos but uh 

yeah I am of the opinion that some things are better off dead and done, without turning into what I am seeing. The wheel of fate wanted Crash and Spyro under Activision and that's how it is, I don't think people need to support this just because it has their favourite character. That's more or less what I thought when Nitro Fueled turned into...well, you know.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 3:50 AM, Jango said:

seeing as Crash 4 had none, which was a miracle considering the amount of unlockable skins they could've had cash-in on)

Given there were iirc leaks that had suggested prior to 4’s release microtransactions would be in, wouldn’t surprise me if they last second pulled them out, especially if those skins show up in this game

My biggest fear for this game (well, besides the entire concept of it) is hoping it doesn't fall into the same trap CTR:NF has. Whatever this game ends up being, I just hope they can find a way to make all the cosmetics assessable even once the servers inevitably go down. My biggest problem with Nitro Fueled is that it's a ticking time bomb, once they stop supporting the servers and the shop goes away then so does 90% of the cosmetics.

Having a shop system is fine, if they insist on doing it, just please don't make it rotating or tied to a server being up. Have different "tiers" of purchasable items be unlocked through leveling up by grinding online/singleplayer or something at the very least.

20 hours ago, KHCast said:

Given there were iirc leaks that had suggested prior to 4’s release microtransactions would be in, wouldn’t surprise me if they last second pulled them out, especially if those skins show up in this game

A source would be good 🙂 A real one, not rumours or educated guesses. 

Lord knows, I wouldn't put it past Activision either way, especially after Nitro Fueled.