Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Sells Through 2.5 Million Copies Worldwide.

Wraith
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

I really enjoyed Sonic Frontiers, so I'm glad it did well.

Hopefully this means a lot of the elements of this game - from the gameplay to the writing - will remain in place going forward.

• Thumbs Up 5

Still haven't finish the game (gonna to transfer it to the PS5 around Christmas) but I'm happy Frontiers is selling well! 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Glad it sold well. 

Wish it was a better game. 

Hopefully they take this success and make a better game, rather than going formula roulette again.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Scar said:

Hopefully they take this success and make a better game, rather than going formula roulette again.

I hope so too. The worst thing that could happen with all this is that they didn't learn from their mistakes with this game and actually tried to improve on those mistakes for the next game.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an incredible success story for the Sonic franchise.  Sonic Colors sold 2.18 million in 5 months.  Sonic Generations sold 1.85 million in 7 months.  Sonic Lost World sold 710,000 in that amount of time. I'm not sure when Sonic has sold as fast, but probably betting on Unleashed, which sold 2.45 million in a month ans a half.  Although Frontiers was a huge success, other November releases did better.  God of War Ragnarok sold 5.1 million in a week, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet sold 10 million in 3 days., while Sonic Frontiers sold 2.5 million in roughly a month.  This is the first time in a decade that a Sonic game has been competing in the major leagues of video games.

Edited by Sonicfan28
  • Thumbs Up 3

Here are Frontiers chart achievements in the month of November:

#4 video game in US (based on dollar sales)*  Source: NPD Group

#5 video game in Europe*

#8 PS5 digital game in Europe

#7 PS5 digital game in US/Canada

#10 Nintendo Switch Digital game in Europe

*Not all games on these lists include both physical and digital sales.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 10:22 PM, TheDevil BornFrom Betrayal said:

Assuming Frontiers continues to sell well into 2023, I think there is a good chance it could surpass three million copies by the time third quarter results are posted for FY2022. Which would easily put it as the best-selling Sonic game (again discounting mobile games, the Mario & Sonic series, and the Mega Collection [Plus] compilation) ever since Sega and the series went third-party.

SegaSammy's third quarter results have been published, and they put Frontiers at 2.9 million copies sold worldwide at the end of December last year.

Not quite the bullseye hit for my guess, but it's definitely in the ballpark.

Reckon that a confirmation of over three million copies sold will eventually come later this year. Maybe when Sega posts their results for the end of the fiscal year.

On 1/2/2023 at 5:39 AM, Sonicfan28 said:

This is an incredible success story for the Sonic franchise.  Sonic Colors sold 2.18 million in 5 months.  Sonic Generations sold 1.85 million in 7 months.  Sonic Lost World sold 710,000 in that amount of time. I'm not sure when Sonic has sold as fast, but probably betting on Unleashed, which sold 2.45 million in a month ans a half.  Although Frontiers was a huge success, other November releases did better.  God of War Ragnarok sold 5.1 million in a week, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet sold 10 million in 3 days., while Sonic Frontiers sold 2.5 million in roughly a month.  This is the first time in a decade that a Sonic game has been competing in the major leagues of video games.

Reading the video game magazines and sites and how Sonic Frontiers just being in the same conversation as mega sellers like God of War Ragnarok was a quite an acheivement in itself. 

Edited by Cooldude