Awoo.

Should Sage become a permanent mainstay?

Johnny Boy

Sure, thread title.

Sage seems to fit more, that the sheer concept of Eggy having some "niece" tagging along for wacky hijinx (Through it was never stated he had any family in the Canonical besides Maria and Gerald)

On 1/29/2023 at 1:11 PM, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

I wouldn't exactly recommend it myself, I just know there is a good way to do it without being insulting to the audience.

I don't know...we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. 

I would like to have Sage & Metal Sonic to have a brother sister relationship. 

Metal would be upset about this change but steadily growing to like Sage even venting to her about problems he has and only showing emotions to her.

Sage would give Metal upgrades, listen to his problems, and just be there for him like any good sister would.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

22 minutes ago, camerondaw72 said:

I would like to have Sage & Metal Sonic to have a brother sister relationship. 

Metal would be upset about this change but steadily growing to like Sage even venting to her about problems he has and only showing emotions to her.

Sage would give Metal upgrades, listen to his problems, and just be there for him like any good sister would.

Now there is a good, potential chance for character interaction. I do hope Sonic Team decides to go this route with the two of them.

• 4 months later...

Probably better she stay on Eggman's side. The cast of heroes is already bloated as is and it's not like Sonic needs more tech support.

I would love for Sage to treat Metal Sonic like her plushie even more than I'd like them to have a brother-sister relationship. One of the reasons is that I don't want Metal Sonic to have a very developed psychology, or developed enough to talk to Sage on equal levels of emotional intelligence. Another reason is that I love it when a psychotic murderer with one objective in his life is treated like a cute underling and hates it at first but grows used to it.

Edited by Palas

12 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

Do you think Sage should be redeemed and join Sonic's side? Or should she remain loyal to Eggman?

Definitely on Eggman's side. Gives the villains more recurring force. And Eggman's happy little family dynamic to boot.

Not to mention, given how Frontiers ends, it wouldn't really make sense for Shade to turn on Eggman with how loyal she is to him.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

Do you think Sage should be redeemed and join Sonic's side? Or should she remain loyal to Eggman?

Remain loyal to Eggman.

Everything about her character, most especially her motives, is geared toward that to the point you’d essentially betray everything about the character’s entire being if you redeemed her. And there’s nothing about her that shows any signs of her wanting to join Sonic’s side out of redemption.

This isn’t to say that this is something set in stone—you could very well write a plot where Sage defies her programming and fights against her father. Hell, we’ve seen Metal Sonic pull a similar stunt in Heroes. And for all anyone knows, Sega could very well decide “fuck it, let’s have Sage on Sonic’s side for good”, and depending on how they execute it may or may not be done well. I’d say in cases like those, we’d be better off with Sage being a more neutral character—far more neutral than the likes of say Shadow or the Babylon Rogues—than an ally of Sonic.

But with all that said, we don’t have a lot of recurring antagonists, especially those on the moral grey side such as Sage.

So let’s not do that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This topic became kinda funny/depressing in hindsight. Actually hoping it's not another monkey paw this time

Anyone here remember Robotnik Jr. from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog?

Could Sage be considered a spiritual successor to him? (or a canon version of Eggette)

I like her plus Robotnilk  getting someone  to talk to that is not ripoff   Scratch and Gounder is definitely a plus  so I say keep her in 

4 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

Anyone here remember Robotnik Jr. from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog?

Could Sage be considered a spiritual successor to him? (or a canon version of Eggette)

Yes, I remember him.

No, I wouldn’t consider him a spiritual successor given the vast magnitude of difference between their abilities and Eggman’s consideration between the two.

Plus, Robotnik Jr. turned against his father in the same episode. Sage hasn’t done that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Sage definitely correlates more towards Eggette than Robotnik Jr.