Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW: Scrapnik Island #4 - Preview

Sonictrainer

Now, how do you encode a robot's mind into an organic being's? Converting an A.I. into an animal brain.. this raises philosophical questions

Would this confirm robots in Sonic's world have souls? Do Motobugs go to badnik heaven? 

12 hours ago, Razule said:

Now, how do you encode a robot's mind into an organic being's? Converting an A.I. into an animal brain.. this raises philosophical questions

Would this confirm robots in Sonic's world have souls? Do Motobugs go to badnik heaven? 

Somehow I don't think they intended it to be that deep

I have been really enjoying reading the mini series of Scrapnik Island especially Mecha Sonic that gives me vibes from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It's the first time I've ever heard Mecha Sonic talked before which Is something new as well In this mini series. Looking forward to the final part of the Issue very soon.

The art is actually superb here. Props to the artists involved here

Spoiler

Also I don't care what anyone says that's not a reference to SMBZ. Not everything needs to be a reference bruh.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

The art is actually superb here. Props to the artists involved here

Hide contents

Also I don't care what anyone says that's not a reference to SMBZ. Not everything needs to be a reference bruh.

Its such an obvious homage that Im kind of incredulous that you're trying to refute it just for the sake of being a contraband.

Its ok for things to be referenced.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

10 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Its such an obvious homage that Im kind of incredulous that you're trying to refute it just for the sake of being a contraband.

Its ok for things to be referenced.

But

It's just something people say to be intimidating?

I'm not trying to be a contraband, I genuinely don't think it's a reference

9 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

But

It's just something people say to be intimidating?

I'm not trying to be a contraband, I genuinely don't think it's a reference

Out of literally any other generic intimidating villain line? 

The one who's been writing this mini series is a big fan of Sonic and prominent in the community itself, even compared to Flynn.

This was 100% intentional. I don't know why you would think otherwise unless you're just really against it for whatever reason.

EDIT: And just in case you needed a confirmation.

Yes, it's a reference.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

Okay I'm on board with Mecha speaking if we're getting actual shout outs to his SMBZ lines; that's incredible lol

Mindswap takes a seat alongside all the other 2010/2020 "plot twists" that involve characters falling under someone's mind control or corruption, wow. Why is it so prevailent by this point; even the main story couldn't keep his amnesia for long, either.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kuzu said:

Why?

I dunno, "I'll crush you" is kind of just...really generic. It's a line that you'd hear in a cheesy Superman movie.

I could be entirely wrong and that it is a reference, but I just don't really see it that way.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

And you waited until now to tell me why?

I don't get why you'd assume otherwise in the first place. I mean, granted, not like there's anything wrong with the reference. 

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

I don't get why you'd assume otherwise in the first place. I mean, granted, not like there's anything wrong with the reference. 

I said it already, I thought otherwise cuz the phrase itself is generic. Nothing more, nothingless.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

And you waited until now to tell me why?

So your stubbornness is my fault now?

Just admit you didn't understand the reference and be done with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

generic phrase or not, that phrase uttered by that character from one of the Mt Rushmore pieces of fanwork in this franchise? 

Mecha owns most of his cool factor and popularity to that animation. There is no reason to not immediately assume it's a direct reference. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1