Awoo.

What if TMS Entertainment returns for a future Sonic show, but here's the thing:

EmTiven01

They're only providing the animation for it, while main production is done by a Western studio. It would be like how TMS provided the animation for cartoons such as Inspector Gadget, Animaniacs, and Batman: The Animated Series.

I mean, the animation for Sonic X was fantastic at best, terrible at worst, so...sure, I guess? As long as the horrible writing staff never touches the characters again.

Their work on X was all over the place, but the episodes they did for AOSTH easily made them the best looking ones. I'd sign up for a new western 2D Sonic show with that kinda quality in a heartbeat. I initially imagine it looking like a cross between the Origins cutscenes and the Man of The Year short they made for Sonic Jam.

Trouble is, TMS hasn't animated for a western production since 2012. (There's an upcoming Rick and Morty anime, but TMS themselves are in charge of it, so I don't think that counts). I don't know if cause less studios reached out to them or if they're just not in the mood anymore. It's also worth noting they didn't animate all the episodes for AOSTH or the other shows mentioned; those cartoons swapped between several different studios round the globe.

So if a new Sonic show did bring them back, it would only be for a select amount of episodes anyway. But at least they'd stick out in a good way.

3 hours ago, Berry Xmas said:

Their work on X was all over the place, but the episodes they did for AOSTH easily made them the best looking ones. I'd sign up for a new western 2D Sonic show with that kinda quality in a heartbeat. I initially imagine it looking like a cross between the Origins cutscenes and the Man of The Year short they made for Sonic Jam.

Trouble is, TMS hasn't animated for a western production since 2012. (There's an upcoming Rick and Morty anime, but TMS themselves are in charge of it, so I don't think that counts). I don't know if cause less studios reached out to them or if they're just not in the mood anymore. It's also worth noting they didn't animate all the episodes for AOSTH or the other shows mentioned; those cartoons swapped between several different studios round the globe.

So if a new Sonic show did bring them back, it would only be for a select amount of episodes anyway. But at least they'd stick out in a good way.

What's the difference between regular AOSTH and TMS AOSTH? Can you provide screenshots?

4 hours ago, Berry Xmas said:

Well, there's Bakugan: Battle Planet that started in 2018, and it's a co-production with American and Canadian studios. (Including Man of Action of Ben 10 fame) Maybe that counts?

With animated series in recent years outsourcing animation to countries other than South Korea, maybe TMS could start once again animating Western cartoons with regularity?

• Thumbs Up 1