Awoo.

Get Ready, More Sonic Prime Episodes Arrive Later This Year!

SSF1991
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Get Ready, More Sonic Prime Episodes Arrive Later This Year! at some point.

Sonic Prime got off to a very strong start last month, but it quickly became clear that Sonic's multi-dimensional adventure was far from finished. If you're looking forward to more episodes, have no fear! SEGA has confirmed that more are coming this year.

As previously mentioned, it was very clear that the 8 episodes released last month did not conclude the story. In fact, you could say that Sonic Prime was really just the beginning. Sonic Prime is far from over. Thankfully, it seems the story will continue.

Now, it is worth noting that SEGA didn't say when, exactly, we would be seeing the next batch of episodes. In fact, they didn't say exactly how many episodes we would be getting. All we know is that there are more on the way, and they're coming later this year.

sprime-2023-teaser-img.jpeg

That all said, there's very little surprising about all of this. Sonic Prime's first 8 episodes were very successful on Netflix and there's apparently legal contracts involved, so there's very little incentive for Netflix to cancel the show. Sadly, other shows on Netflix weren't as fortunate, but nevertheless, Sonic Prime won't be seeing a similar fate.

The most likely scenario is that 16 episodes are on the way, though they will likely be split up into 2 batches of 8 episodes each, similar to the 8 episode batch that we got last month. There will likely be more information to come in the near future, so stay tuned!

Via Twitter

View full story

• Thumbs Up 2

I think we all knew that the eight-episode run that launched in December wasn’t the whole season, but it’s nice to have it confirmed! It is a bit strange that they’re doing such a staggered release though, it’s not Netflix’s usual M.O.

29 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

I think we all knew that the eight-episode run that launched in December wasn’t the whole season, but it’s nice to have it confirmed! It is a bit strange that they’re doing such a staggered release though, it’s not Netflix’s usual M.O.

It actually isn't. This is a new strategy that Netflix has been employing to great distain since last year at least. In order to artificially bump up the season numbers, and make it look like they're providing a steady feed of content, they've taken to splitting up seasons into small batches, dropping them months apart from each other, and then acting like they gave a show 'additional seasons', when in actuality, it's them releasing the episodes already commissioned and completed.

They did it with The Cuphead Show, they did it with Inside Job, and I'm sure there's other originals they've done it with, and it also gives them a excuse for claiming they gave shows more of a chance when they can them, when they can pretend they gave a show 'multiple seasons', when they actually gave it one season, and nothing more. 

I still have yet to watch it, mainly because I don't really wanna support Netflix after everything they've done over the years, but I definitely do want to check it out. It looks interesting